5.0 out of 5 stars How did we ever do without it?
Published on Feb. 5 2011 by Alisa Fulshtinsky

1.0 out of 5 stars Great but didn't last long....x2
Bought this over a year ago - lasted about 6 months and then died - would start and stop repeatedly but not boil water. Returned it under warranty and the same thing happened again. It worked like a charm but too expensive to be considered disposable. I won't be buying any more Cuisinart kettles!
Published on Nov. 24 2012 by Cynicalmike

5.0 out of 5 stars How did we ever do without it?, Feb. 5 2011
This review is from: Cuisinart CPK-17C Programmable Kettle (Kitchen)
I have to admit that in the last year I got addicted to all kinds of tea. I was buying hundreds of dollars of tea and noticing that it tastes better in the store than it does at home. First I thought it was the water, but it wasn't (I was using RO water)... I tried everything until the girls at the store explained the chemistry of each tea and it's unique brewing temperature. I got this kettle about 1.5 months ago and I am in love! everything tastes so much better. My husband is a skeptic but even he said that he has no idea how we did without it.

As for this specific kettle in compares to the rest: I liked that the buttons are on the handle and not on the base and that the base is so small. It takes less space and looks more modern than some of the others. I paid $80 while the retail is $120 (home depot) or more. It ended up being better quality than I expected and the stay warm for 30 min option is phenomenal! The French Press temperature seemed so close to boil but we weren't sure if it would make any difference. However, we tried it and it did (less bitterness and more aroma) If you love tea, I definitely recommend buying it, soon you'll be like me and buying it as gifts for all the tea lovers in your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars This kettle has great features!!, Dec 19 2011
This review is from: Cuisinart CPK-17C Programmable Kettle (Kitchen)
After our old kettle bit the dust I was drawn to maybe buying a variable temperature kettle. After doing a lot of research and reading many customer reviews I decided on this Cuisinart kettle and am very pleased. I like the different preset temperatures for the many types of beverages we like to drink. Before I started my research I didn't know that the right temperature of water made a difference.

I like the looks of this kettle and the programmable buttons are easy to use. The 30 minute keep warm feature is handy in case I have to step away from the kitchen. The feature I like the best is the memory that this kettle has. Sometimes I have to interrupt the boiling process and when I replace the kettle back on the base, it remembers what it was doing before it got interrupted and I don't have to press start again.

I would highly recommend this kettle to anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great but didn't last long....x2, Nov. 24 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Kettle replacement received., March 23 2011
This review is from: Cuisinart CPK-17C Programmable Kettle (Kitchen)
I am amending this review because, after less than 2 years of use, the kettle failed. In order to have it repaired under warranty you have to send the kettle back at your expense. The person I spoke with said she'd 'waive' the return shipping charge, but she didn't gather any of my information - so how could she possible waive anything for me? Anyway, I'm sending it back for repair, which should be interesting, and will update this review based on the service level, time, and expense incurred.

Update: I have changed the star rating to 4 because, after shipping the kettle back one-way (Cuisinart paid for the return to me), and only a few days later (Less than 7 business days) I received a replacement kettle from Cuisinart. The item doesn't get 5 stars because of durability issues. I fear I'll likely have a dead kettle on my hand within a few years, but hopefully not. If you're buying this kettle, it does come with a comfort-warranty of 3 years. It cost me less than $10 to send the kettle back, and that sure beats buying a new stainless steel kettle. Don't expect for it to last longer than a few years, and if it does, then you got a good deal. It's sad, that manufacturers commit to getting sales, but not to product durability any longer. That just seems to be the way it is. Some reviews say that the warranty is no good in Canada, but this is not the case. I live in Ontario and Cuisinart was happy to help me. The new kettle is slightly different than the original. Hopefully they improved the circuitry so that it will last longer. If not, at least I have another year of warranty left.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Kettle, Dec 26 2012
This review is from: Cuisinart CPK-17C Programmable Kettle (Kitchen)
I've been using this kettle heavily for the past 6 months since my cheapo kettle died. I brew a lot of loose-leaf tea and French Press coffee, so I LOVE this thing!

What I like about this kettle:
The stainless steel construction is attractive and feels heavy and durable. Hot water has minimal contact with plastic and heating coils are hidden. Different heat settings enable you to make everything from instant beverages that don't burn your mouth to non-bitter green tea. Once the water has reached the desired temperature, the kettle holds it there for 30 minutes. Buttons and water level gauge light up, which is helpful in a dark room. I find this kettle to be well-designed and have had no issues with drips or leaks.

What I don't like about this kettle:
The kettle WORKS great, but the paint used on the buttons and water level window is useless! The buttons began rubbing off within days just from being pressed. I didn't want to return the kettle because I liked it, so I tried applying the French-language stickers. They aren't really 'stickers'- they are made from some sort of cling vinyl that falls off. I'm contacting the company to see if they have a solution.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good but not reliable, May 10 2011
This review is from: Cuisinart CPK-17C Programmable Kettle (Kitchen)
Bought this kettle a month ago. Liked its style, nice "user interface", 3 years warranty, features... The kettle worked well just for one week, then broke. Sent it back to Cuisinart - $11 for the parcel, $10 for them to ship it back. They admitted that the kettle was defective, but still have not shipped the replacement - they are out of stock. And no money back option. The bottom line - I wish I saw such reviews before buying.

Updated: the replacement kettle arrived after a month of waiting.

2.0 out of 5 stars Loved it till it died after 3 months, Nov. 30 2012
This review is from: Cuisinart CPK-17C Programmable Kettle (Kitchen)
I hemmed and hawed before buying this kettle. I saw other reviews about kettles suddenly dying and the cost of shipping the kettle to be serviced, but thought "How likely is that?" Well, it happened. Suddenly, out of the blue, the kettle no longer heats water. The water window lights up, the buttons light up, but after pressing start the kettle sits for a bit and then it beeps and shuts off without warming the water at all. Before it died, I was very happy with the kettle. It boiled fast and relatively quietly. The light on the water window was good, the buttons easy to use and the keep warm setting a lot more useful than I had thought.

After reading the service and warranty materials more carefully, I'm not even sure it is worth getting mine fixed/replaced as I could buy a serviceable replacement for the same price as postage to and from Woodbridge ON is going to set me back.

1.0 out of 5 stars My Cuisinart Fancy Kettle, Sept. 1 2013
This review is from: Cuisinart CPK-17C Programmable Kettle (Kitchen)
I bought this fancy kettle thinking I'd treat myself and be able to enjoy teas at their ideal temperatures. Within two months I could no longer read what was written on the buttons for temperatures; cheap ink, nothing engraved or embossed. In less than six months the kettle quit working entirely. I am extremely disappointed with the dreadful quality of this Cuisinart product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken Kettle second time, Aug. 26 2013
This review is from: Cuisinart CPK-17C Programmable Kettle (Kitchen)
It is 15 minutes on hold since I dialed the call centre to speak to someone about my second broken Cuisinart Cordless Programmable Kettle CPK-17C. I am forced to listen to horrible ads in French and English with music by someone who should be painting houses for a living . We returned of first kettle a month ago after it died and now the second one has died also a month later. I really want to sit on hold or drag my behind out to there factory to replace another kettle which will break. Do not buy this product. Thanks.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great for a year, then dead, May 17 2014
This review is from: Cuisinart CPK-17C Programmable Kettle (Kitchen)
The good is extensively covered in five-star reviews - I'll record the rest.

- Button labels got completely wiped off after about half a year. I am a heavy tea drinker - oolong, white, puer, all buttons.

- The functioning became unpredictable after a year. When I pour a liter of water in, select the temperature and press the boil button, the temperature light blinks for a minute, then the kettle beeps 3 times and shuts off. (The manual says nothing about this condition.) Then, if the kettle is left alone for 5-10 minutes, the next attempt may be successful. So every cup now costs ~15 minutes worth of lost nerves.

I have no receipt from London Drugs, but will still contact support and write back if anything of value happens.

Cuisinart CPK-17C Programmable Kettle