Top positive review
Great Kettle with lots of functions and easy to use!
on April 1, 2016
Our old Kettle's automatic shut off stopped working, so instead of accidentally burning down the house I have decided to pick up this Kettle from Cuisinart. Cuisinart is a company that makes lots of things and be careful - some of the items it makes are hits and others are misses. This kettle is closer to the hit, but it is not perfect.
* Build - is solid and unpolished metal finish works very well in the kitchen. Design is simple and functional.
* Controls - I like the controls on the handle that allow you to pick the temperature you want water to reach - for some teas you do not want boiling water: 160°F/71°C for delicate, 175°F/80°C for green, 185°F/85°C for white, 190°F/88°C for Oolong, 200°F/95°C for French Press and then you Boil it 212°F/100°C for Black.
* It keeps the temperature for 30 minutes by constantly reheating it (every few minutes, which means heating element is not always turned on, thankfully that should mean it will last longer I hope). You can turn it off by pressing "Start" button after you pour water.
* It will beep if there is no water inside and you turn it on.
* It heats water to precisely the temperature you pick. It is great if accurate temperature is important to you.
* Simple and effective design means you can pour water without any dripping.
* Concealed heating element that won’t get gunked up by mineral deposits and won't require cleaning.
* It is hard to say how much water is in the kettle. Blue light illuminates the window and water inside, but you have to look at it closely to see how much water is inside.
* Buttons do not feel very solid, but that is not very scientific description - it is just how I feel.
* Base is very much like all bases, but this one has electrical connector a bit taller than our previous electric kettle and maybe by habit, but it is harder to put kettle back on after using it. It is tiny issue, yet it annoys me every time.
I think this is the best ~$100 kettle you can get right now and I am glad with out purchase. While it is not cheap, you get what you pay for - functional, solid, quality product with few minor issues that are not taking anything from a great product.
Thanks for reading!