march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Showing 1-10 of 59 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on December 26, 2012
I've been using this kettle heavily for the past 6 months since my cheapo kettle died. I brew a lot of loose-leaf tea and French Press coffee, so I LOVE this thing!

What I like about this kettle:
The stainless steel construction is attractive and feels heavy and durable. Hot water has minimal contact with plastic and heating coils are hidden. Different heat settings enable you to make everything from instant beverages that don't burn your mouth to non-bitter green tea. Once the water has reached the desired temperature, the kettle holds it there for 30 minutes. Buttons and water level gauge light up, which is helpful in a dark room. I find this kettle to be well-designed and have had no issues with drips or leaks.

What I don't like about this kettle:
The kettle WORKS great, but the paint used on the buttons and water level window is useless! The buttons began rubbing off within days just from being pressed. I didn't want to return the kettle because I liked it, so I tried applying the French-language stickers. They aren't really 'stickers'- they are made from some sort of cling vinyl that falls off. I'm contacting the company to see if they have a solution.
on March 23, 2011
I am amending this review because, after less than 2 years of use, the kettle failed. In order to have it repaired under warranty you have to send the kettle back at your expense. The person I spoke with said she'd 'waive' the return shipping charge, but she didn't gather any of my information - so how could she possible waive anything for me? Anyway, I'm sending it back for repair, which should be interesting, and will update this review based on the service level, time, and expense incurred.

Update: I have changed the star rating to 4 because, after shipping the kettle back one-way (Cuisinart paid for the return to me), and only a few days later (Less than 7 business days) I received a replacement kettle from Cuisinart. The item doesn't get 5 stars because of durability issues. I fear I'll likely have a dead kettle on my hand within a few years, but hopefully not. If you're buying this kettle, it does come with a comfort-warranty of 3 years. It cost me less than $10 to send the kettle back, and that sure beats buying a new stainless steel kettle. Don't expect for it to last longer than a few years, and if it does, then you got a good deal. It's sad, that manufacturers commit to getting sales, but not to product durability any longer. That just seems to be the way it is. Some reviews say that the warranty is no good in Canada, but this is not the case. I live in Ontario and Cuisinart was happy to help me. The new kettle is slightly different than the original. Hopefully they improved the circuitry so that it will last longer. If not, at least I have another year of warranty left.
on January 16, 2015
Acheté il y a un mois.
Livré sans délai et en excellent état.
LE BON
Très bel objet, qui rehausse l'élégance de notre cuisine.
Fonctionne correctement. Ma conjointe et moi aimons beaucoup le fonction "garder chaud". On est certain que l'eau sera maintenue à la température désirée aussi longtemps qu'on le souhaite.
En fonctionnement, cette bouilloire fait très peu de bruit comparée aux 2 autres marques que nius avins utilisé avant.
LE MOINS BON
Le bec verseur. L'eau ne coule pas toujours de façon fluide quand on la verse dans un bol. Le bec a tendance à "éparpiller" un peu l'eau, ce qui peut parfois éclabousser un peu autour. Rien de majeur, mais ça peut surprendre
Autre chose, le réchauffement du contenant. La surface externe de la bouilloire chauffe et reste chaude tant que l'eau est chaude. Ce n'est pas chaud au point de se brûler gravement, mais ça peut être inconforrable pour ceux qui ont la peau sensible.
Globalement, nous sommes satisfaits de cette belle bouilloire.
À recommander aux acheteurs.
on December 26, 2013
I've had this kettle for about a year, and it has worked fine.

The reheat for 20 minutes option is really, really handy. Sometimes I'm just busy with something else, and this gives me a few more minutes to focus on whatever I'm up to.

Deceptive, but the buttons and outside handle are all plastic, and not metal like the main kettle.

Temperatures are in Fahrenheit, which shouldn't be such an annoyance, but quite often in Canada, tea making instructions list in Celsius only. Quick... while you're in the kitchen, what's 94C in F? David's Teas finally recognizes that they should list both thankfully. Otherwise, if you have a pen to write your temperatures on your teas instead, then you're set.

The button for reheating has it's lettering warn off the plastic button at this stage, but no matter. Heats quickly, holds lots of water for 5 or 6 cups.
on January 17, 2011
This is the greatest little kettle because it brews your water to the perfect temperature for the type of teas you want to drink. Perfect for a person who enjoys a variety of types of tea.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon April 1, 2016
Our old Kettle's automatic shut off stopped working, so instead of accidentally burning down the house I have decided to pick up this Kettle from Cuisinart. Cuisinart is a company that makes lots of things and be careful - some of the items it makes are hits and others are misses. This kettle is closer to the hit, but it is not perfect.

Pros
* Build - is solid and unpolished metal finish works very well in the kitchen. Design is simple and functional.
* Controls - I like the controls on the handle that allow you to pick the temperature you want water to reach - for some teas you do not want boiling water: 160°F/71°C for delicate, 175°F/80°C for green, 185°F/85°C for white, 190°F/88°C for Oolong, 200°F/95°C for French Press and then you Boil it 212°F/100°C for Black.
* It keeps the temperature for 30 minutes by constantly reheating it (every few minutes, which means heating element is not always turned on, thankfully that should mean it will last longer I hope). You can turn it off by pressing "Start" button after you pour water.
* It will beep if there is no water inside and you turn it on.
* It heats water to precisely the temperature you pick. It is great if accurate temperature is important to you.
* Simple and effective design means you can pour water without any dripping.
* Concealed heating element that won’t get gunked up by mineral deposits and won't require cleaning.

Cons:
* It is hard to say how much water is in the kettle. Blue light illuminates the window and water inside, but you have to look at it closely to see how much water is inside.
* Buttons do not feel very solid, but that is not very scientific description - it is just how I feel.
* Base is very much like all bases, but this one has electrical connector a bit taller than our previous electric kettle and maybe by habit, but it is harder to put kettle back on after using it. It is tiny issue, yet it annoys me every time.

I think this is the best ~$100 kettle you can get right now and I am glad with out purchase. While it is not cheap, you get what you pay for - functional, solid, quality product with few minor issues that are not taking anything from a great product.

Thanks for reading!
on December 6, 2015
Just started using this today, and pretty happy with it!

The unit is very fast to heat water and is decently audible when it reaches the preset temperature. The handle (of course) and the lid are insulated so they don't get too hot while running---'very nice touch on the lid, you can peek inside and then close it without burning a finger!

The inside of the unit is metal, with some plastic for the filter and the insulation on the lid. The plastic so far has been emanating a nasty plasticky smell when there's hot water and the unit is open, but the water is fine: it hasn't affected any of my more delicate teas.

The labels are all in degrees Fahrenheit'---even the French sticker labels! Rather useless labels for a Canadian market.

The base seems well designed and has a decent interlocking mechanism to prevent anything except the kettle from contacting the power contacts. It's not watertight, but the base isn't meant to be in much contact with water either, I guess! The unit seems to have a supercapacitor or something in it for the electronics, so that it can retain its state for a few minutes when you take it off the base---'so you can pour some water, put it back on the base and it keeps it warm at your original preset.

UPDATE: After having used this for two weeks or so, some more comments:

If you have the "keep warm" option on, and you pour out the water and put it back on its base, it will try to keep the water at the specified temperature even when you put it back on, as expected. This has the unintended consequence that if you empty it, put it back on the base and forget to turn it back off, it'll try to heat up again and eventually trigger the overheating protection. Technically a user error, but somewhat of a usability issue—you have to remember to turn it off when emptied, if you use keep-warm.

On the other hand, I can report the overheating features work well, and the kettle doesn't seem to have degraded from a couple of those incidents.

The water level indicator doesn't work very well: it tends to get "stuck" at a level even though the kettle's filling. It's a thin channel with a hole at the top and bottom (bottom for water, top is an air vent—I suspect the air vent is too small and gets blocked by a water droplet as I fill the thing).
on December 13, 2015
I got this as a Christmas present and it arrived in the box like from the store not the typical Amazon box.... That kind of ruined the surprise a bit for my tea loving wife. That said, it is great. Lots of options and works great. Lights up cool too. So a great product but get the thing wrapped...
on September 13, 2014
I have recently become an avid steeped tea drinker and find this kettle with its multiple settings perfect for brewing different types of teas at the correct temperature. Very easy to use and water comes to correct temperature quite quickly. Modern design that looks good on counter top. Only negative thing is being stainless steel, the outside of the kettle itself is extremely hot and takes awhile to cool down after use. One has to be careful not to touch the actual kettle while it is cooling. The handle does stay cool and is wide enough that you don't come in contact with the actual kettle when pouring. I checked retail stores and shopped around on the web and found that Amazon had the best price. Extremely happy with my purchase.
on January 25, 2016
I had no idea that different types of tea improved with specific water temperature. Trust my kettle to teach me that! I've been using it for about 2 months now and find it a vast improvement over my old kettle in that it signals when ready and keeps warm if I don't attend to it the moment it beeps.
If I were to mention a downside, it would be that you have to remember to turn it off or it will continue to keep the water warm, and that is a major problem if you empty the kettle and put it back. Fortunately it beeps wildly to let you know it's on with no water.
Certainly worth the price.