Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

on September 26, 2014
Very good alarm. A bit complicated, but read the damn manual. Projector is really good and sharp (it can project on the opposite wall to my bed, about 10 feet) and it IS POSSIBLE to turn off the screen and let the projector on. Just select the auto option for the screen and give it 30 sec to close. Again, READ THE MANUAL!
on December 22, 2014
So far, this clock is great. You can turn both the projection and the backlight for the main clock off.

I am nearsighted, I start to lose focus about a half a foot from my face and I can see the projected numbers on the ceiling without glasses, although I do have to squint a bit.

The alarm self set feature did not work for me out of the box, as the little battery that keeps time went dead, after contacting support via email they let me know and I swapped it with a good battery and all is good.

The only suggestion I can think of that would make this alarm even better would be a gradual buzzer alarm - i.e. starting out quietly and slowly increasing volume until it's at its maximum.
on October 15, 2011
OKay. This clock does its job. Big numbers. An alarm that could wake up sleeping beauty. Two alarms that can be set.

The downside: I think it could be slightly more simplified with setting the alarm time. However, once you get the hang of it is fine.

Also. The blue backlight is very bright. It has an option where it turns on when you hit the snooze button of when the alarm goes off. However, when you set the backlight to this mode - the projection feature also goes off. Which is a shame cause I would have like to have the projection on and the backlight off.

So...not a OMG you have to get this alarm clock item. However - it definitally does its job.
on December 2, 2010
This is a very nice alarm clock. Very easy to use and bright - I would recommend it to anyone who wants a straight forward easy to ready alarm clock.
on May 26, 2013
Works well ,don't expect a great sound from the radio.
I wish the display would dim more a little bright at night, I stuck a piece of window tinting film on the display OK now.
Finally found the auto button now I can view the screen for a few seconds then the screen goes dark no more film needed.
on April 30, 2013
We can't decrease the light intensity. The rest is working perfectly. 2 alarms set is very useful. Sound of radio is poor
on September 5, 2015
In 2015, this clock has some good features and characteristics for the price. There are prettier clocks. There are clocks that dock with digital devices whose connectors change with marketing and design whims. This clock does a set of simple things well.

The construction seems good.
The clock is shipped with a battery.
The time and date settings are easy to use.
The time can be set to the 24 hour format.
The projected light can be flipped horizontally to suit the clock's position. (For example, whether the clock somewhere behind your head, or across the room.)
It's useful to see the current room temperature.
The LCD display is clear.
The product has AM and FM radio if you want them.

The projected time is clear but difficult to read because of the segmentation of the LED characters. This is a problem for a child learning to tell time.
The only language is English. (S'il vous faut du français, ceci ne devrait pas être votre choix.Mais le produit peut afficher l'heure en format de 24 heures.)
The only projected colour is red. (Not a problem if red is your favourite colour.)
on November 11, 2010
Very nice and simple little unit. Product( )

Love having the nice nighttime laser clock on the wall or ceiling that I do not need glasses or adjust eyes to read, also letting me put the clock in a better position next to the bed. Wonderful to have a standard audio line jack for plugging in external media devices. Came with a nice little daylight savings time reminder notice that helps remind you how to adjust when wanted.

Only thing I wish for this unit was one more lower brightness setting for the LCD. But considering I use the laser at night anyway; not a problem.

Shipped from shoptronics nice and fast in perfect condition. And they send out to first orders a nice little catalogue of other gadgets for the interested.
on March 12, 2015
The clock is just what I expected. The projection is great. The dimmer has three settings but the lowest setting is still too bright for sleeping. So I just turn it off and use the projection. You just have to tap the snooze button to change the dimmer settings. The clock is easy to read and the radio works just fine for a smaller unit. The setting of the alarm and time are easy and straight forward. I live in Canada (Orillia, ON) and the automatic time set did not work. The clock also has automatic DST which is a great feature. So far so good.
on September 19, 2015
For the price, this is a pretty darn good alarm clock radio.

First the cons:

- The smooth shiny plastic gives it a sort of cheap appearance, but it seems durable enough.

- Some of the reviewers complained that the speaker isn't good quality. I'd say that's not entirely accurate. The sound is quite clear also but somewhat penetrating. My complaint is with the volume levels that are available. You can select 0 for off, or 1-10 for loudness. The problem with 1 is that it's too loud. 1 is the lowest volume level and yet it's loud enough to be a 4 or 5. If you're like most people you keep your clock radio within 6 feet of your bed. Volume level 1 if fine for waking up to music, but if you like to fall asleep to music, you'll probably find even the lowest volume level too loud.

- You'll need to keep the instruction manual handy. Whatever you do DON'T LOSE IT!!! Setting this thing is a piece of cake when you have the instructions, but without them it would be quite difficult.

- They used a blue backlight, which is too bright at night, even on the lowest setting. Luckily you can turn this off completely and just use the red projection (and you can even turn that off). The red projection isn't a problem at all. When will companies learn to use red backlighting for clocks instead of blue?

Okay, now the pros:

- Honestly, this thing works great. I love that the time is set for you right out of the box. All I had to do was choose my timezone. The temperature is a nice touch.

- Although the speaker is a bit loud to fall asleep to music to, the sound is pretty clear, and it gets better AM reception than some of the more expensive radios I've purchased in the past. FM works great too.

- I love the projection feature, which is why I purchased this unit in the first place. You can point it forward or back, and there's a button to flip/change the clock orientation, depending on which way it's pointing. There's also a focus knob, so you can adjust it accordingly. I have it projecting about 10' away onto the wall, but I can stick my hand out in front of the beam to read the time off my palm.

- You can configure 2 different alarms, and you can choose which days of the week they're effective on. I haven't tried the buzzer option (as I don't like the traditional jarring sound they usually make), but the radio on volume level 1 is quite reliable.

- The engineers thought about pretty much everything. You can turn the backlight or projection on or off, change the projected clock orientation, and even set the alarm to a radio station other than the one that you currently have dialed in.

Despite some of it's shortcomings, this is a great clock radio. For $30 you'll have a hard time finding a better product with this many features.