countdown boutiques-francophones scflyout Home Learn more All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

This is just what I wanted, a dark clock with a ceiling projection. Most bright clock radios bother me at night, I usually put a book in front of them. This one has 3 options for the display, bright, dim, and off! The red glow from the projector end is hardly noticeable. The projection can be turned on or off with a switch, and reversed if necessary, and there is a focus wheel. The projected numbers are about a foot tall on the other side of the ceiling, about 11 feet away. I could read them this morning with some light coming in, and at night they aren't too bright, but quite easy to see. They can't be seen if you turn the lights on.

There is a backup 'coin' battery, already installed, and all you have to do is pick the time zone when you plug it in the first time. It also has a daylight saving time feature. I didn't set the time - it was already in!

I haven't tried the radio yet, but it is AM/FM and there is a wire antenna. It comes with an instruction book that is quite helpful.

I recommend it!
on September 26, 2014
Very good alarm. A bit complicated, but read the damn manual. Projector is really good and sharp (it can project on the opposite wall to my bed, about 10 feet) and it IS POSSIBLE to turn off the screen and let the projector on. Just select the auto option for the screen and give it 30 sec to close. Again, READ THE MANUAL!
on January 21, 2015
I previously had a projection clock I got from Costco but the plug got bent so this was the replacement. I think its great. Before I could read the time off my ceiling at night I thought this was a stupid and unnecessary gimmick... now I can't imagine not having a bedroom clock that does this, so great. It has two alarms that can be buzzer or radio (each can be different or the same, but always the same radio station). I am personally guaranteeing you - 100% the screen shuts off at night if you leave it alone for a few seconds. The projected readout works as expected and can be easily read on the ceiling, although I have good vision so I'm not really the best to say if you don't. All in all it does what I want it to do and is great.

I reduced a star as the previous unit I had could tell me the OUTSIDE temperature via a wireless device I set outside that had a AA Battery in it.... this one only does inside temp... I have a thermostat for that... which I set... no idea why you would ever need to know the inside temperature from this unit. "Oh hey its exactly what I set my thermostat to..." go figure...
on June 22, 2016
The dots that make up the digits in the display screen were missing for more than half of the digits it's supposed to be showing in full!!! Check my attached pictures which I took from several angles!!!! Totally disappointed with this product which I had contemplated buying for a very VERY long time, only to be let down like that!!! Unbelievably disappointed!! Don't waste your time / money. I'm returning it ASAP!!!
review image review image review image review image review image
on November 29, 2015
This clock is awesome! You can dim the back light so it doesn't light up the whole room, or you can use it as a night light. You can clearly see when the back light is on high. The projection can stay on all the time or only when you press the button. The temperature on the front screen is great. I'm very happy with this clock.
on December 22, 2014
So far, this clock is great. You can turn both the projection and the backlight for the main clock off.

I am nearsighted, I start to lose focus about a half a foot from my face and I can see the projected numbers on the ceiling without glasses, although I do have to squint a bit.

The alarm self set feature did not work for me out of the box, as the little battery that keeps time went dead, after contacting support via email they let me know and I swapped it with a good battery and all is good.

The only suggestion I can think of that would make this alarm even better would be a gradual buzzer alarm - i.e. starting out quietly and slowly increasing volume until it's at its maximum.
on February 27, 2014
Sets time by itself, nothing wrong with that. I really like that you can have alarms that only go off during weekdays and not on the weekend.
The display is really bright though! So I leave it in "auto" mode, so the display turns on only when you are interacting with it, or when the alarm goes. The projection stays on all the time, contrary to what another reviewer wrote. The projected image is fine for me, but I don't wear glasses.

My wife is a little blind, and without her glasses on, she can't read the numbers projected on the ceiling.
So I was a little disappointed by that.
I wish you could do things like ZOOM or ROTATE the projected numbers, and not just do a vertical flip, since some people can't see as well as others when they're in bed and not wearing glasses.

I wish I could find a clock that does all that this one does, but also has an SD card slot so one could wake up to a playlist of MP3s. That one would be the perfect clock-radio for me. But until I find one, I guess this is the next best thing.
on May 16, 2014
I like the projection feature, and the sound is certainly an improvement over our 20 year old clock radio.

Looking from across the room, the numbers on the screen could have been a little more prominent with less background lighting. The instructions are somewhat sparse, and lacking some key information. I set the alarm for the first time but wasn't sure if I had completed all of the required steps. Example: Did I need to enter the day of the week along with the time? As it turns out I didn't need to do that, but I did wake up frequently to check the time because of the uncertainty of knowing if the alarm would work. Yes, it did.

Bottom line, it's a reasonably priced well performing product. The dual alarm capability is a nice feature. No, it doesn't have the sound quality of 5.1 stereo. I don't expect many, if any, clock radios do, but it does the job it's supposed to do.
on June 13, 2016
I got this clock for my husband as he cannot sleep with even a little bit of light in the room. He used to wake up numerous times throughout the night and seemed to fumble to find the clock to see what time it was. With this clock, you are able to completely black out the face and have the time projected on the ceiling. The red light in the projection is not bright, but contrasts with the white ceiling well so it is very easy to see what time it is. The font is also large enough that my husband can see it without his glasses on. I love it because I can just turn my head slightly and see the time when I wake up as well. I can't speak to the programmability of it as my husband has been the one playing with it, but he hasn't complained to date. I highly recommend this clock for anyone who has trouble sleeping with light from the clock, but still wants to be able to see the time in the middle of the night.
on January 13, 2016
I was looking for an alarm clock with the weekends setting. This one does it. It's small and has plenty of features! I didn't expect to use the time projection feature but it's actually pretty cool!
Pros:
- Includes a battery so you never lose your settings
- Projection of the time is cool
- Nap button adjustable from 10 to 90 minutes
- Nice blue display, a little bright but thankfully there's 2 level of brightness
- Alarm can be set from Monday to Friday or for all days of the weeks of just 1 specific day. That's awesome
- Alarm can be set to AM/FM so you don't have a heart attack with the buzzer

Cons:
- The only thing I can think of is minor. I agree with other reviews, the sound setting, even at the lowest setting (1) is still a little loud. But not enough not to recommend this. I love it.