5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Little Machine
Published 19 months ago by Liz B.

2.0 out of 5 stars water tank leak
Published 12 months ago by Christian Dallaire

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars water tank leak, Sept. 3 2013
This review is from: Oster Prima Latte One Touch Automatic Espresso, Cappuccino, Latte, Coffee Maker BVSTEM6601-033 (Kitchen)
I bought the Oster PrimaLatte because of the good price and the quality of expresso it make. The expresso is good but the water tank leak almost all the time. I returned the first unit to Amazon (great service and very fast response) but the other one have the save problem. The seal on the coffee maker appear to be too loose and the water leak from the tank. It's a problem with the engineering. I can't recommand this machine because of this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, Poor Quality, Dec 26 2013
I hesitated on buying this for my husband for Christmas due to some poor reviews. There were a few good reviews and due to the price, I crossed my fingers and hoped for the best. From the first time we put water in the reservoir, it has leaked water all over the counter. My husband used teflon tape and it stopped leaking (though we did wake up to a little leakage overnight, meaning we have to clean up water every morning).
It makes a nice tasting espresso, but I'm not sure how long it will last. I can't be bothered to send it back since the box & receipt were accidentally thrown out in the Christmas clean up.
But please think twice about purchasing this. The negative reviews are true. I should have purchased something a little more expensive and therefore better quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Little Machine, Feb. 3 2013
Love, Love, Love the Oster Prima One Touch! This little espresso machine allows you to customized the amount of milk (or Baileys) you wish to add to your Cappuccino or Latte. The only complaint I may have is that when the milk reservoir is filled to maximum the machine creates soooo much milk foam on the latte setting you won't have a cup large enougn to hold all the milk foam. Experimenting with different milks and using the on-off toggle feature of each of the coffee buttons lets you make a latte or cappucino just the way you like it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice but have to return, May 14 2013
Has anyone else had problems with the water reservoir not seeding properly and dumping all over their counter?? Numerous times this has happened. I've owned it for over a week now to really give it a go but the drinks always come out different sizes every time, there is no 'same' drink everytime :( I will exchange it for now and try again and then if same problem continues i will have to go to another brand, maybe i just got a lemon?? One person mentioned that they get too much froth if the milk reservoir is full, that shouldn't happen, it should stay the same everytime you push the same button. I have to say when it did get the portions of milk down right my latte was pretty good and hot!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working after 6 months, April 19 2013
A disappointing experience. After only 6 months, stopped working. Followed all the instructions. Poor return policy. The initial months it worked well.

5.0 out of 5 stars New owner, March 16 2013
Just bought the machine, went through all the manuals and all I can say is that the gadget is really great! From what I experienced yet is that the drinks come out very hot, espresso is perfect as well as latte. For a supreme cappuccino I still need to work on it as I'm not completely satisfied how the milk is being frothed. I'm sure it's just a matter of time and in a couple of days I will have worked out my techniques! :-)

For now I'm happy with the looks and good functioning. I was slightly scared buying an automatic "no name", but I have no regrets yet for the price paid - under £80 at Curry's. I hope it will last long and let us enjoy favourite drinks on daily basis. I also hope that I won't be too lazy to clean every small detail after each use! :-)

I'm editing my review after one week of use: just getting to know my machine better, and I'm falling in love with it more! I have adjusted everything to my taste and my coffee is just perfect! I'm even good with the frothing by now :-)

I am giving 5 stars for today.

5.0 out of 5 stars Je l'adore, May 9 2013
Je ne m'en passerais plus. J'impressionne tous mes invités. Par contre, toujours vérifier le niveau de l'eau. S'il y avait un voyant lumineux indiquant le niveau de l'eau, ce serait bien.

1.0 out of 5 stars Leaking water...., Jan. 30 2014
Estefania (Miami, Florida, United States) - See all my reviews
I have had no issue with my machine for the first two months because I never removed the tank to fill it back with water, but now it will not stop leaking, we have tried everything.... and it gets all wet... very disappointed and I cannot return it anymore....

1.0 out of 5 stars DON"T BUY!!!!!!!!!!!, Jan. 13 2014
Was so excited to get this, very cheaply made, worked for a week though only barly foam, certainly nothing like the froth it up advertised..
then wouldn't make a cap and kept making expresso out of the blue...sent back
the new one Never even worked once!!!...such a disappointment...

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, Jan. 6 2014
I can comment to the functionality of this machine, because I didn't get that far...I filled up the water reservoir, left the kitchen for 5 minutes and when I came back the water was all over the counter and floor. It leaked out through the slots in the bottom of the machine ( which appear to be for ventilation), so it may have been that a hose inside got knocked out of place during shipping. Either way I didn't want to chance exchanging it, and returned it for a refund.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›