5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Little Machine
Published on Feb. 3 2013 by Liz B.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, Poor Quality
Published 16 months ago by OsmondNWT

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, Poor Quality, Dec 26 2013
This review is from: Oster Prima Latte One Touch Automatic Espresso, Cappuccino, Latte, Coffee Maker (Kitchen)
I hesitated on buying this for my husband for Christmas due to some poor reviews. There were a few good reviews and due to the price, I crossed my fingers and hoped for the best. From the first time we put water in the reservoir, it has leaked water all over the counter. My husband used teflon tape and it stopped leaking (though we did wake up to a little leakage overnight, meaning we have to clean up water every morning).
It makes a nice tasting espresso, but I'm not sure how long it will last. I can't be bothered to send it back since the box & receipt were accidentally thrown out in the Christmas clean up.
But please think twice about purchasing this. The negative reviews are true. I should have purchased something a little more expensive and therefore better quality.

2.0 out of 5 stars water tank leak, Sept. 3 2013
I bought the Oster PrimaLatte because of the good price and the quality of expresso it make. The expresso is good but the water tank leak almost all the time. I returned the first unit to Amazon (great service and very fast response) but the other one have the save problem. The seal on the coffee maker appear to be too loose and the water leak from the tank. It's a problem with the engineering. I can't recommand this machine because of this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, Jan. 6 2014
I can comment to the functionality of this machine, because I didn't get that far...I filled up the water reservoir, left the kitchen for 5 minutes and when I came back the water was all over the counter and floor. It leaked out through the slots in the bottom of the machine ( which appear to be for ventilation), so it may have been that a hose inside got knocked out of place during shipping. Either way I didn't want to chance exchanging it, and returned it for a refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Little Machine, Feb. 3 2013
Love, Love, Love the Oster Prima One Touch! This little espresso machine allows you to customized the amount of milk (or Baileys) you wish to add to your Cappuccino or Latte. The only complaint I may have is that when the milk reservoir is filled to maximum the machine creates soooo much milk foam on the latte setting you won't have a cup large enougn to hold all the milk foam. Experimenting with different milks and using the on-off toggle feature of each of the coffee buttons lets you make a latte or cappucino just the way you like it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Leaking water...., Jan. 30 2014
Estefania (Miami, Florida, United States) - See all my reviews
I have had no issue with my machine for the first two months because I never removed the tank to fill it back with water, but now it will not stop leaking, we have tried everything.... and it gets all wet... very disappointed and I cannot return it anymore....

4.0 out of 5 stars No Leaks Here!, Jan. 8 2015
I love my latte machine. It does what it advertises. I like the ability to use soy or almond milk, it's easy to clean, and I have fun using it.

I've sen a lot of negative reviews regarding the tank leaking - I have had mine for a year now with no leaks at all. I ignored the negative reviews, and I'm glad I did. I might've just gotten lucky, though!

2.0 out of 5 stars LOW QUALITY, Feb. 17 2014
Don't forget to turn it off, otherwise the computer will go CRAZY, it turns itself ON unexpectedly. Coffee taste is not that good. I changed it for a Breville instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars New owner, March 16 2013
Just bought the machine, went through all the manuals and all I can say is that the gadget is really great! From what I experienced yet is that the drinks come out very hot, espresso is perfect as well as latte. For a supreme cappuccino I still need to work on it as I'm not completely satisfied how the milk is being frothed. I'm sure it's just a matter of time and in a couple of days I will have worked out my techniques! :-)

For now I'm happy with the looks and good functioning. I was slightly scared buying an automatic "no name", but I have no regrets yet for the price paid - under £80 at Curry's. I hope it will last long and let us enjoy favourite drinks on daily basis. I also hope that I won't be too lazy to clean every small detail after each use! :-)

I'm editing my review after one week of use: just getting to know my machine better, and I'm falling in love with it more! I have adjusted everything to my taste and my coffee is just perfect! I'm even good with the frothing by now :-)

I am giving 5 stars for today.

5.0 out of 5 stars No Leaks! Great Coffee., March 2 2015
Well, I got this at a great price to replace my Tassimo and the ridiculous amount of pods and plastic you go through. It was a great choice, as it makes some really good lattes, and I have had no issues with leaking. Love the fact that it's almost 100% hands off, but you also have the option of manually making yourself whatever you want. I work from home, and this is present to myself was the best idea this year!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's easy to clean and makes great lattes, Jan. 11 2015
This machine works as intended. My family has been using it a few times per day for a couple of weeks with no complaints at all. Ours does not leak in any way. It's easy to clean and makes great lattes. We are very happy with it and recommend it to friends.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›