summer boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle sports Tools

on June 13, 2011
This was my third drinking fountain. I have 2 dogs (one is a puppy) and 2 cats. I love this fountain especially because it is ceramic. My puppy destroyed the plastic one I had before it. (too many pieces that can be chewed off). Not so with this one. I have to clean it often but cleaning it is a breeze. Also the pump can be reset by unplugging it and plugging it back in. (for those times when the bowl gets emptied). All of my animals use this bowl and love the running water. The only thing I would do differently next time is get the bigger model.
on November 25, 2011
All of the previous water bowls we used were made of plastic. In less than 24 hours the water would be slimy, warm and full of fur. This ceramic fountain was the answer to providing our 3 cats with clean, fresh water. The pump is very quiet. If it does vibrate, simply re-ajusting the top ceramic piece or pushing down on the pump to secure the suction cups on the bottom of the pump to the bowl and this will silence any noise. The color and shape of the fountain is very beautiful. The entire fountain is easy to take apart for cleaning. It is dishwasher safe. The best part is seeing how much our cats love it. They do drink more. The sound and motion of the trickling water attracts them to it. Two of the cats prefer to drink from the top stream and one like the bottom bowl. The option with this design is a huge plus. I'de recommend this for everyone with small dog or cats.
on September 23, 2010
I ordered one of these fountains and just love it. It took about a week to arrive which was faster than the estimated delivery date. Once I put it all together and started filling it with water my two cats wouldn't stay away. Another great thing about this one is how quiet it is. You don't hear the motor running and there are no slurping sounds which sometimes would happen with my last fountain. All you hear with this one is flowing water which is pretty calming. Also it looks good in the kitchen.

Spoiled cats!
on December 16, 2010
Great product. Easy to set up and a lot less work than the plastic one we used to have.
on October 16, 2011
This is a great water fountain. It is extremely easy to clean and fill. The only cons are that it has a smaller capacity, which can be problematic if you have three cats, as we do. Overall though, a great product and we would buy it again.
on November 8, 2010
I think my cats would have liked it, but the one I got sprung a leak and by the time I got around to returning it, we changed our minds about keeping it. The cats are happy enough with a regular ceramic bowl.
on August 23, 2014
Exactly what I was looking for. My Kitten started using it right away. Much quieter then the other one I had tried (Kitten ran away from that one.) Water flows well and the movement keeps it fresh. I only have the pump set on the lowest setting and that appears to be all that is necessary. I do, however, like the fact that there are three speed options. Most of the others that I looked at did not have this feature.

The only caution I have for anyone buying this is to be prepared for the weight. It is very heavy, as should be expected given that it is ceramic.

I am ordering another one in white for the kitchen.
on April 1, 2014
My Ceramic fountain arrived shattered. Although I only took a brief look, it appeared that the top and bottom ceramic pieces were likely in contact within the manufacturer's packaging. That seems like a recipe for disaster, and in my case it was. I returned it, got a quick refund, and got the stainless steel one.

The rest of the review is based on the stainless steel one, since that's the one that arrived in the correct number of pieces. They should be the same however, so it's equally applicable.

The fountain successfully distracts my cat away from the sink. Success! However, the cat continuously removes the top part of the fountain from the base in the search for the source of the flowing water. What's missing here are clamps to hold the top down. I patched this up with tape, which works fine.

The other problem is that your cat is pretty much guaranteed to eventually become curious about the power cord and start to chew on it. I'm going to run the cord through a tube, which should work, but it would be nice if that were included as well.

Once all that is addressed, then I think it should be fine.
on February 23, 2014
I wasn't sure whether to give the ceramic design a try but in the end, I like the look and functionality a whole lot better. It slips into the dishwasher every few days to keep it pristine clean and I find it is a little more secure because of the weight of it. The stainless steel model was easily knocked over--we haven't had any mishaps with this one.

If you are ever hesitating about buying a fountain for your cats--don't. The filters are easy to change once every 10 days and the cats really love the running water aspect of it. I have one cat who always dives into an open toilet if you let him and the fountain is a great compromise for him. He just likes cold running water. What I do is drop a few ice cubes into the bowl of the fountain and he is happy. Our cats are super healthy and I'm sure it is a combination of the availability of clean fresh water all the time and the good food we give them. Amazon was a breeze with the delivery. It arrived one day after I ordered it. Amazing!
on April 23, 2012
Maybe it was just one defective piece, but I changed to dog bowl as water kept spilling out, and the top part could be easily knocked over