countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

on July 5, 2016
So far, so good. It's not the quietest fountain that's for sure, but its not obnoxious either. We keep ours in the living room and the stereo or TV are usually on anyway so its barely noticeable. The cats love it and will sit beside it and wait til I plug it in before they drink it. -- I unplug mine every night before bed so to not wear out the motor since I heard that is a common problem. The stainless steal is SUPER easy to clean. I wish there weren't any plastic parts for hygienic reasons --- maybe a silicone instead? Filters are also easy to get. My cat likes to lick the edge of the bowl- so I might get the ceramic one next time so its not so rough on her tongue.
on November 29, 2013
Both my 6 year old cats took to the fountain right away. One likes drinking from the top fountain part, the other from the open lower area. Unfortunately, the motor just suddenly stopped working about 10 months after purchasing?? Wonder where I can get a replacement as I still have 3 filters for the thing and my cats did actually like it.

**ETA: I Learned how to fix the pump and get it working again! One of the sides of the pump will come off (just pops off). Next you will take off the circular cover for the motor. You should be able to see the little fly wheel / spoked wheel-thingy (mine was yellow) with a little metal nib in the middle. If this is covered in hair, THIS IS THE CULPRIT! Remove the hair and scrub it a bit (I used a dish brush). It took a couple of times of cleaning to get it working again - but VOILA! My pump now works!
on May 16, 2016
Working great, I admit first I put the pump in wrong and was worried it wasn't working but as soon as I went to open it up I could see it was working after I fixed the placement it works great very happy with my purchase! WAY less noisy then the last one I had.
on May 9, 2016
The power transformer and/or the pump do not appear to work. Leaving it immersed and plugged in for 30 minutes, and the pump never starts running.

EDIT 2016-05-19: Warranty service was great and they sent a replacement pump and transformer, which ended up working. Bumping up to 3 stars.
on September 19, 2010
This was a very good company to deal with gave fast service. I love the bowl because it is stainless steel and it gives my animals ( a dog and 4 cats) fresh moving water all the time. This is a necessity for one of my cats who wants to drink from a tap, now she drinks from fountain and doesn't bother me, this saves me time. She didn't want to at first, (others all used it) so I took away all access to water until she used it and now she loves it. It is very quiet which I like also. After buying this I ordered enough filters for a year and the co. was very quick in sending these also. I reccomend this co. and product.
on January 30, 2013
This is a great product. Over the past years, it's been very difficult to get my cat to drink enough water, and at times he ended up with water packs on his back (done by vet) to battle dehydration. He's normally quite skittish, and I dispaired of him using a water dish that "hums", but he took to it immediately, and I'm VERY pleased to say that he's never been in a dehydrated state again. I can't believe the cost on Amazon.ca though. I looked here first, but ended up purchasing it at Amazon.com for $33, so even with shipping, handling, import duty and taxes, it was still $20 less than this site before the shipping/handling was added in. The product itself is excellent.
on July 8, 2016
My Kitty had the beginning of struvite crystals forming since he was not drinking enough. After I filled the bowl and turned it on, he drank for a solid three minutes.
Weekly cleaning of the bowl, pump casing and pump (very easy with a YouTube video), keeps this bowl running great.
on December 25, 2010
Thank you so much for creating this amazing product. I have owned 3 yes 3 Cat-It water fountains while they did work great they were a lot to maintain. Hard to clean and inconvenient to fill up.

Your product is so easy to clean and even easier to fill up in between cleanings. It took no time for my 2 BIG boys, 3 year old Maine Coons to enjoy the water fall. My sister saw ours and she had a big WOW!! and had to get one for herself (her kitty) and now some of her clients want it mainly because of the design feature.

The design goes with the decor so nicely, I've had compliments on how it blends in with the kitchen. The stainless look is what I am building for in my kitchen, the boys have stainless food bowls and I am accumulating more appliances as we speak.

You definitely have a winner here, keep up the good work.

Deb Crowe
Barrie Ontario, Canada
on April 11, 2011
No way was I going to buy a big chunk of plastic for my cats to drink from. Finally somebody had the common sense to design a pet water fountain in stainless steel THANK YOU!! It works great, very quiet, water stays clean, my cats are drinking way more, it really is awesome. Okay, so it looks a wee bit like a small bedpan, but I could care less because it's so darn easy to wash and I'm so happy that my pets have fresh clean water at all times. I took it apart after the first 10 days and gave it a cleaning but it didn't even need it. PLUS the product was delivered to my door 4 business days after I ordered it. A great big thumbs down, as usual, to Canada Post for just dumping it on the front step and not even bothering to ring the doorbell. A great product..recommend 100%!
Update Jan2012: CONS (in order of importance)1-The filters are impossible to find in Quebec and I have to drive to Ontario to get them. 2)The filters are quite expensive at about $8-$9 each needing to be changed every 4 weeks. 3)Fountain still needs a very thorough cleaning once a week minimum, or else the most disgusting black slime collects around all the filter parts. I have found that all my pets' bowls of water stay fairly clean if they are elevated (I have 3 dogs & 3 cats). Still a good product, but fairly pricey for me with having to travel to purchase filters.
on July 21, 2016
The Pioneer Pet Stainless Steel Drinking Fountain dish is a great product, I did unfortunately have to return it, only reason being my 3 dogs have very wide large mouths, and the opening was too small for them. Would definitely buy this product again, only in larger size.