4.0 out of 5 stars Light, nice finish but short range
Published on May 11 2012 by N'Gatta

2.0 out of 5 stars good mouse, no so good keyboard
I've bought this mouse+keyboard kit 3 months ago.
I have no complaints about the mouse, but the keyboard is not good. Some of the keys don't work well (mostly the space and numpad). I have to press them exactly in the middle, or they may not work. This makes me type really slower than usual. It is really annoying.
Published on March 15 2013 by Gustavo Melo Gallindo

4.0 out of 5 stars Light, nice finish but short range, May 11 2012
This review is from: Microsoft Wireless Desktop 800 Keyboard and Mouse (Personal Computers)
I had to replace a previous wireless keyboard that died after less than three months of use. I decided to go to something branded because the cheaper option did not do me any good. I have to say I was sceptical, but now I do not regret my choice. This keyboard is light and feels really nice. The keys are large and positionned in sort of a wave that makes them easily accesible when typing. I use it for my desktop that is linked to my flat screen tv, so I need some distance to be able to work comfortably. That is where the keyboard reaches its limit or I should actually say the mouse. It loses accuracy over 2 meters. It is a small inconvenience for what is overall a great product. I highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little set that beats the comparable Logitech set., Nov. 22 2014
I bought this as a replacement for a Logitech K360 set that was driving me bonkers. Could have been some kind of interference but it used to drop connection all the time. I could never nail down the problem. So far, I have had zero issues and been quite pleased with this set. Microsoft's hardware has been good quality in the past and figured I would give their wireless keyboard and mouse set a try. Needless to say I am still impressed with the quality of their hardware. It took a bit of getting used to as my lovely Logitech layout was alas, no more (I did love the "feel" on the Logitech more than this set) After giving this little Microsoft set a fair chance I am finding that my typos are now diminishing and the general feel of the keyboard is pretty good. Same with the mouse. At first it felt weird, but now I don't notice it much. The one thing I do really like better on the Microsoft set is the mouse accuracy. It is superior to the Logitech. I game a lot with this little Microsoft 1000dpi "business class" mouse does fine and I love the way it behaves. My one big pet peeve is the shape and placement of the ESC key on the keyboard. small, long and weird. Where it should be on a normal keyboard the ~ key is there instead. Once you are used to it, it's not terribly bad, but have fun getting used to it. It can be frustrating at first.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slik wireless keyboard & mouse set!!!, April 15 2012
I really like this product. It's really lightweighted so you can basically carry it everywhere with your laptop! The design for the keyboard is quite different than what I originally use. I'm still trying to get use to it! Overall 5 stars!!! :)

2.0 out of 5 stars good mouse, no so good keyboard, March 15 2013
Gustavo Melo Gallindo (Montreal, QC - Canada) - See all my reviews
I've bought this mouse+keyboard kit 3 months ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Sept. 22 2012
Je recommande l'achat, clavier d'une très bonne qualité pile incluse (une chance j'en avais pas au moment de ma première utilisation). je suis très satisfait du produit. Ma commande livrée prioritaire par UPS a été respecté a 100%. Merci!

4.0 out of 5 stars Quiet Good!!!!, May 25 2013
It's pretty good...
Just that it doesn't have the lights to indicate the caps, num or scroll lock...
Otherwise, it functions smooth and amazingly...

3.0 out of 5 stars Range is a little poor, March 27 2013
I you try to use this with a large TV and sit a distance away with the reviver plugged into the back it will cut out. and you CAN get to the Bios with this.

4.0 out of 5 stars The keyboard might not survive a smash on the wall but it's still alright!, April 15 2015
There's not a lot to say about this keyboard and mouse combo. I mean, you more or less get what you pay for. I think personally that the mouse is pretty alright, the batteries are lasting for a good enough time - my computer is always turned on - and the movements are precise.

As for the keyboard, I think it's well functioning in terms of distance but at the same time my computer's usage is pretty classic and straightforward. I am indeed using the keyboard on a desktop mode. I know some of you might be using your keyboard for a TV use and then if that's the case, I cannot say anything (on the other hand, the mouse has a good range because I have one of those that I use on my laptop HDMI-plugged to my TV). What I have to say though about the keyboard is that it is relatively cheaply made. It feels like I could easily break it with my fingers while I think a keyboard should be broken if you smash it against a wall. Not with your fingers! It doesn't - according to me - feel right. And I am the kind of guy who press hard while typing. I am not a soft guy. I am alone. Snif.

Well, that's it! For the price, I think it's decent. The extra fourth star is for the mouse. I've seen it alone sold for 40$ at my local academic store. With the price difference, I was able to buy myself some extra chipotle sauce on Amazon. If you do like me, just be careful with the sauce though or you might have to buy an extra keyboard, again.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most durable Combo I have ever owned, Feb. 4 2015
I bought this combo during early 2012 and I am still using it Wow!!

The original batteries lasted for more than a year and whenever I replace batteries they last for at least one year.

About durability; I finished my two years masters program with this combo. I wrote my final thesis with this keyboard, it is not the best keyboard but I would grade it above average. My two years old daughter has been throwing this mouse and keyboard from my desk since she was born in Jan-2013 and still both items are operating perfectly fine. Obviously, they are heavily scratched and look heavily used but they are operating fine.

This mouse is more accurate and versatile than my much more expensive Logitech gaming mice. This mouse works fine on my desk, on my kitchen slab, on my dining table, and on my couch. The range of this combo is never short for me. I live in an apartment and I can operate my PC from any corner of my living room.

Initially I used this combo with my Work PC, but after using it for two years I have plugged this combo with my Media PC which I use to play movies etc. So you can well imagine how sturdy this pair is.

Furthermore, I have used this combo with Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows 8 without any compatibility or drivers issues. May be because it is a product by Microsoft, it fits well with Microsoft PCs.

I would give this combo more than 5 stars and would definitely recommend this combo to anyone who needs a Keyboard + Mouse combo for regular use.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, Jan. 20 2015
Neil Papworth - See all my reviews
I bought this keyboard and mouse as a direct replacement for the same unit I have been using for the past 2-3 years (the mouse wheel on the old one didn't work properly, the keyboard and the rest of the mouse was fine).

I noticed when it arrived that although the model was the same, it looked slightly different. The main issue was with the mouse, it feels very cheap, and the mouse buttons almost seem to press themselves sometimes. I have been using this replacement for barely two weeks, and yesterday when the mouse button actually jammed and stuck down, I ordered the Desktop 3000 unit almost immediately to replace it.

I compared the part numbers on the old and new mouse/keyboard units, and they are exactly the same, but they are not made the same. Even the old mouse takes 2 batteries, the new one 1 battery.

Disappointed in Microsoft !

Microsoft Wireless Desktop 800 Keyboard and Mouse