5.0 out of 5 stars Well Received
Wel received. it it perfect, Very happy, many thanks to your ... I just love it again many thanks to you
Published 13 months ago by Suzy Dee

3.0 out of 5 stars A Few Good Moments, But Time To Put It To Bed
"Desperate Housewives" is no longer as addictive as it once was and seems to be on its last legs and way past its prime.

Published on Sept. 12 2011 by Kasey G

3.0 out of 5 stars A Few Good Moments, But Time To Put It To Bed, Sept. 12 2011
Kasey G (Toronto, ON) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Desperate Housewives: The Complete Seventh Season - 5-Disc DVD Box Set (DVD)

First, the good: The show seems to be a little racier this season, as when Bree shrieks "Get that thing away from me!" when confronted with a zucchini, following a night of marathon-sex with years-younger boytoy (Brian Austin Greene). Or when Gabby asks Lee to use the back door and he shoots back "I ALWAYS do!". Little moments like this kept me tuning in. And Teri Hatcher seems less annoying this year as well. Perhaps having her move off the Lane created more sympathy for the character. Lainie Kazan is wonderful as Susan's new landlady who runs a website called Va-Va-Va-Broom, featuring sexy women doing their housework in lingerie. With bills piling up and husband Mike on the verge of taking a job in Alaska, what's a desperate housewife to do but don the garters and heels?

The annual "disaster" show has in the past brought us a tornado, plane crash and this year comes in the form of a street riot brought on by Paul Young's announcement he's opening a halfway house for ex-cons. And for this episode Wisteria Lane becomes Hysteria Lane and Susan is seriously injured and is faced with a major health crisis.

Emily Bergi (Whom I was only familiar with from "The Rage: Carrie II") shows up as Paul Young's new wife, a prison groupie who sets up house with Fairview's creepiest citizen but causes tempers to flare when she won't perform her most important wifely duty. Bergi gets more likeable as the season goes on.

The wonderful Harriet Samson Harris is back as the twisted Felicia Tillman though sometimes she's only onscreen for five seconds per episode.

Now the bad: Vanessa Williams is a tired choice for a new foil. I wish the producers had went with an actress who has been hiding away for awhile rather than someone who just came off a four-year run on "Ugly Betty" playing an all-too similar character.

Tom and Lynette are having marriage problems AGAIN, due to one of them being jealous of the other's career AGAIN. The writers are running out of ideas fast and it's never been more evident that it is watching this set.

The show has already run its course and I am not sure it will be able to sustain itself for an entire season as we approach the final year. The more casual fans may want to rent this one instead of buying.

***1/2 Three and a half stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Received, Nov. 2 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars So happy I found this season!, Sept. 5 2013
I am so happy I found this season here! I couldn't find it in any of the electronic stores around my part of the city. It seemed non existent! The season arrived I think 2 days early which was absolutely perfect because I went into labour the next day so it worked out great. I LOVE Desperate Housewives!

5.0 out of 5 stars Desperate Housewives, Jan. 5 2013
I bought the remainder of the set that I started, and can't wait to watch them as the snow flies outside. I will be warm and toasty with my "Girls".

Highly recommend

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed it., Dec 15 2012
I really like this series and enjoy watching it. I look forward to watching the next season - season eight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV Show, Oct. 6 2011
This is a great TV show, suitable for all kind of public, and really interesting. It is a wonderful mix of humour, suspense and drama. I strongly recommend this to all.

Desperate Housewives: The Complete Seventh Season - 5-Disc DVD Box Set