5.0 out of 5 stars Adobe Photoshop Elements 9
Photoshop Elements 9 is Photoshop 8 on steroids. It has some interesting new features and improvements to some features found in earlier versions.

Published on Nov. 4 2010 by Siefrage

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Self Explanatory
I KNOW this is a good product, but I cannot figure it out. I am going to try and find a book for Dummy's. I was told by my photography teacher to buy this product and I did. I will have to learn how to use it somehow. Picaso is much better at self explanation that this. Sorry, but once I have mastered how to use it, I am sure I will be happy.
Published on Dec 24 2010 by Jennybear

5.0 out of 5 stars Adobe Photoshop Elements 9, Nov. 4 2010
This review is from: Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 (Win/Mac) [OLD VERSION] (Software)

The new Spot Healing Brush is incredible. Just brush on an unwanted item in a photo and it disappears with a matching background appearing in its place. Recomposing photographs can now be performed with relative ease. It is also possible to have your shots adjusted automaticlly to a style of your own choosing. Yhese are just a few of many new or improved useful tools.

This is a powerful photo imaging application approaching a professional level but still suitable for casual snappers. Just one caveat - it is a RAM hog. Despite the published system requirements I would suggest a minim of 2GB RAM.

If you're into reative photograhy and imaging, then Photoshop Elements 9 is well worth considering.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything a non-professional needs, Aug. 10 2011
Robin J. Baker (Rome, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I was trained on Photoshop 5.5 and while that goes back a few years, I never completely used all of its amazing features. It allowed you to do so much with so little.

Elements has most, if not all, the same features of that program (I have only owned it for 2 weeks but haven't been disappointed yet) and the price is so worth it. You can create layers, add text, change lighting angles, apply multiple filters, distort, rubber stamp images on top of each other to make that fish look as big as you want, resize, crop, sharpen, blur and you can still take out one pixel at a time if you need to (I want to sometimes).

My own use of this software is personal and the odd web design project. I do remove red eye (boring) but I also remove glasses, I slim down my girlfriends thighs, I put Tom Selleck or Justin Bieber into some photos and add horns on some women, I create banners for web sites and icons for their navigation bars and just make funky images.

If you spend a little time with this software you can achieve almost anything. Also worth keeping in mind, other software likes this program and Add-Ons work with it well because it is a leader in what it does. Favicon is just an example.

If you have an artist in you, this is the program to go with.

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful and user friendly, Sept. 1 2011
After using Photoshop 7 for several years, it was a delight to move to Photoshop Elements 9. It is so much more user-friendly while retaining all of the functions I want and need.

4.0 out of 5 stars Adobe PSE9, May 1 2011
There are some good additions to this program over PSE8 and there are some in PSE8 that I prefer over PSE9. The spot healing brush tool in PSE9 is a great improvement over the one in PSE8 but I prefer the cropping tool in PSE8 over that in PSE9. I have kept both programs on my hard drive so I use the best of both. I just wish they could be combined.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Self Explanatory, Dec 24 2010

Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 (Win/Mac)  [OLD VERSION]
Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 (Win/Mac) [OLD VERSION] by Adobe Systems (Mac OS X Intel, Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
Used & New from: CDN$ 70.65