5.0 out of 5 stars Converted from Simply Accounting V4 (1996) with no problem
Published on Oct. 4 2012 by sandybeach

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value for product - moderate service
Published on Nov. 3 2011 by Stef

5.0 out of 5 stars Converted from Simply Accounting V4 (1996) with no problem, Oct. 4 2012
This review is from: Simply Accounting Pro 2011 (bilingual software) (CD-ROM)
I upgraded my computer and needed to replace my very old version (1997) of Simply Accounting for three companies. I looked at the Sage site and didn't want to spend $200 for 2012 Simply Pro. I received my less than $30 2011 version on Tuesday from Amazon and it works great. I am the only employee and can easily find tax tables on line so I don't need payroll updates. I was amazed that the 2011 version converted my files without a problem and I am ready to go.I purchased the 2011 version thinking that if it didn't work, I wasn't out much money. Overall, I am pleased and while the program is different, the modules are similar and much improved.
Amazon now has this software available for even less money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value for product - moderate service, Nov. 3 2011
This review is from: Simply Accounting Pro 2011 (bilingual software) (CD-ROM)
I had to buy a new version of Simply accounting as my 2005 version is not compatible with Windows 7. Amazon's price was excellent for the product. I received it promptly in the mail and tried to install it but had trouble getting it to install and work. I had to call into the service desk 3 times that day to get the software just to function. By the third phone call they made it very clear to me that they were doing me a big favour by helping me as I was far exceeding the 1 phone call warranty they provide. They indicated that they very well may bill me for the service call. Thankfully they did not charge me but made me feel extremely "unwelcome". For that reason I regretted purchasing their product. I felt they did not appreciate my business and that I was an inconvenience. The only reason I kept it was because I have been using it for the past few years and dont have time to learn a new software at the moment. The software works fine now and meets my expectations...hopefully I wont ever have to call in to their customer service.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great price from Amazon, Sept. 12 2011
This review is from: Simply Accounting Pro 2011 (bilingual software) (CD-ROM)
I was "forced" into purchasing the updated version of Simply Accounting Pro 2011 as I had to purchase a new computer, and Simply Accounting 2008 was not compatible with Windows 7:(

The program is ok - don't like that I have to open it with "run as administrator" each time, but minor inconvenience. What I really don't like is that I had to upgrade my home computer with this program as well, which does not run Windows 7, so there seems to be some "miscommunication" in the program when I try to restore my work from backup. It isn't as simple a procedure anymore - you can't restore from backup from running it on another computer and storing the backup on a flash drive. You have to copy the backup file over to the backup location on the other computer, then open the program as administrator, accept the default date, then go to 'restore' in the home window to access your most recent work. Very tedious, and I'm always worried some work will be lost in translation/upload.

One good thing - Amazon offers this product at a great price!! $199.99 is a steal compared to what you pay directly with Sage Simply Accounting (I was offered a 'loyalty customer' price of $249.99, otherwise it was $299.99) or other buy direct stores prices ranged from $300 - $540! It paid to shop around + Amazon gave free delivery right to my door:)

Simply Accounting Pro 2011 (bilingual software)
Simply Accounting Pro 2011 (bilingual software) by Sage Software (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
Out of stock