countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Home All-New Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

Format: DVD|Change

on May 31, 2016
This set is all seven individual seasons put into a convenient box. There is no bonus disc, just the extras already on each season, although no where on the actual box does it say there would be a bonus disc. There aren't any episode guides, but I'm not sure if you were to buy just the individual seasons by themselves if there would be episode guides in them.
on November 22, 2012
This set is simply a package of all 7 seasons, this is not a re-dition of The Chosen Collection. Therefore there is no bonus disc, booklets etc. etc. ... Amazon description is slightly misleading as it mentions The Chosen Collection and not this one.

Otherwise this is a great inexpensive set of all the seasons of Buffy!
on June 30, 2016
I finally did it - purchased this whole set of Buffy, glad I did! I enjoyed re-watching my favourite episodes and got a whole new perspective on the Buffy era by watching them all from the beginning....
on December 1, 2005
Buffy: The Chosen Collection - This is a very nice boxset. I recieved it just two days ago and I have to say that I'm very impressed by the overall packaging. The white and blood dripped box looks great on my shelf. The box itself is fairly small too and is about as high as a regular upright dvd boxset. This is mainly because of the fact that all of the 7 Buffy Seasons have now been compacted into tiny little DVD Booklets inside the set. Each little Season Booklet has it's own pictured theme, and they are all numbered and stacked on top of one another inside the box.
Including in the set, there's also a short letter by Joss Whedon (The creator of Buffy), and a full Synopsis Booklet, which lists all of the episodes of the series featured in this set (with a brief summary of them inside and on which disc they are located on.)
The only 'con' that I can really think up for this set are probably of those individual dvd booklets that you get. They can be a little flimsy at times and can break easily if you're not careful. But besides that, the design for the 'Chosen Collection' is great and compact enough to fit all of the 7 Seasons of Buffy on your shelf quite easily.
For the fans that already own all of the 7 Seasons, this might not be a good buy for you. All of the content on the discs are the same as the previous releases (even the disc labels themselves), with the exception of the new bonus disc that is just exclusive to this set alone. The bonus disc totals to about 2-3 hours of new extras that are, while great, but nothing amazing. Atleast not amazing enough to spend another $200 on anyway.
On the other hand, this is a great buy for those that have seen the show, but have never gotten around to actually buying any of the seasons. Also, you're going to be saving a little over a $100 if you buy this collection set rather than buying all of 7 Seasons seperately (that is, if Amazon doesn't decide to jack up the prices).
If you've never seen the show, then give it shot and catch a few reruns or rent a couple of episodes first. But I guarantee you that this is definitely a 'must have' show that you won't want to miss out on, even if you still can't get past the silly name.
on November 20, 2007
I am a HUGE fan of Buffy, and I hadn't already splurged to buy the complete seasons, so this was a perfect set to satisfy my craving. The box does indeed look wonderful on a shelf, and it isn't overly space consuming (although it was larger than I had expected after reading other reviews).
I would have to say that the most frustrating thing about how each disc is set up, is that there is no option to "play all episodes"; so if you want to watch them in order, you need to routinely refer back to the "chosen collection" booklet to ensure that you're choosing the right one.
on May 30, 2016
While I like that this set has the individual seasons in their own cases, there was a lot of damage to those cases. Every single season's case has been broken multiple times in the inside of the case. Luckily the discs still play.
on January 15, 2006
I DO own this set, and let me tell you, having them individually, well, its not even comparable. With a cool set-up/lay out, all 7 seasons coem together to form a picture of the cast. The bonus disk is hilarious, and interesting. It comes with a neat note from Joss, and it is worth the price. I got it for christmas, and it has changed my life!!! I love it so much, and I watch it almost every day. I recommend this as a MUST MUST MUST for ANY Buffyverse fan.
on May 27, 2016
The version I received was dented in some place. The box is not as nice as it seems its made of cheap cardboard . Might be better money wise to simply buy the individual dvds instead of the box set. Its the exact same content and packaging.
on May 14, 2010
It's been said to death how good this show is (making multiple list of the "## Best TV Shows in History") so theres no need to repeat it again. This show is great fun...enough of that

The boxset itself looks good enough. People rave about that letter from Joss Whedon but seriously its lame as its about 2 paragrahs on a piece of paper the size of a cue card

The bonus disc is a welcome addition though so fans of the show will enjoy that.

The most annoying thing for me about this boxset is the inconsistencies in the quality of the visuals when they were transferred onto the DVD format. For example: Season 1 Disc 1...looks great with no grain effects on screen. Season 1 Disc 2-3 though are a mess of grainy textures, black marks flickering on the screen and general shoddy video quality. Truth be told I haven't progressed past the first season (although I've seen them all before) so I'm not sure if the poor video quality will continue. I hope not as its truly a great show.

UPDATE: I should note that after having watched Season 2 and just starting Season 3 the shoddy video quality that plagued Season 1 has been fixed on later seasons (or so it seems). i would update my review to 5-stars if not for 1 other thing I failed to notice initially...

The episode guide that was included in previous versions of the boxset is no longer included as of the time of my purchase (May 2010). Beyond the actual show names on the back of each box there is absolutely no description as to what each show features anywhere in the package. Not cool.
on August 23, 2011
I love this! It came in perfect condition and as soon as I put the first disc in I have been hooked! I cant stop watching it! I used to love this show when I was younger so since I didnt remember it too much I decided to give it a try and its actually really entertaining. So glad I purchased it!