5.0 out of 5 stars Still works great after months
Really happy with this after months of semi-regular use. No complaints. good design, and the attachments are still in good shape.
Published 14 months ago by dats

2.0 out of 5 stars Good, but minor complaints
I've only used this unit once this morning making myself a protein/fruit smoothie, but I was happy with the results. I did have some other issues that I wanted to share though to help others before buying this unit.

Published on Oct. 22 2011 by KDakota630

2.0 out of 5 stars Good, but minor complaints, Oct. 22 2011
KDakota630 "KDakota630" (London, ON) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: DeLonghi DHB716 380-Watt Tri-Blade 2-Speed Handblender (White) (Kitchen)

First and foremost, the product description is incorrect. It's not a 700W, 2-speed, it's a 380W 1-speed hand blender (edit: it actually IS a 2-speed. I accidentally found the slow-speed button after a couple of months). When the box arrived it says so on the sticker on the box, but the box doesn't state it at all, nor does the pamphlet inside. I went to the DeLonghi website and sure enough, it's 380W. Amazon.ca says they get the product descriptions from the suppliers. DeLonghi offers 4 different packages, 3 of which seem to be with this blender but with different attachments. Had I known it was only a 380W and not 700W, I likely would've looked harder at the Russell Hobbs unit. At the time it was about $2 more, currently $5 less than this DeLonghi model, but with 550W of power and more attachments. The biggest reason I didn't order that model was that I needed my Braun product replaced immediately and the DeLonghi model could arrive within 48 hours (it did), whereas the Russell Hobbs unit said it would be 1-2 months. Nothing against the DeLonghi, but if you can wait 1-2 months, you're getting more power with the Russell Hobbs, more attachments, $5 cheaper, and it already has 3 positive reviews to back it up. Plus is comes with the measuring cup designed to be used with a hand blender. In Amazon.ca's defense, their customer services was great as usual when I've required it. While they haven't corrected the description yet (edit: it is corrected now), they apologized for the misunderstanding and offered me a refund including shipping since the error was on their end. Since I can't wait 1-2 months for the other model, I've decided to keep this one as there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. I'm just a little disappointed since I was expecting a 700W blender.

This blender was a replacement for a cheaper plastic Braun 200W unit that I definitely got my money's worth from. This blender was quieter than my old one, and seemed to blend better, but definitely differently, and it will take a little getting used to its nuances compared to the old one due to the different design of the blender attachment. It's definitely an improvement over the old one though. I wanted to do my review after trying to use the food processor attachment because I want to see how well it can make almond butter, but thought doing it quickly might help someone else who thinks they're getting a 700W blender.

One drawback was that it doesn't come with a shaker cup like my old one did. In the past I've ordered extra cups so I was fine there, but if this is going to be your first hand blender, I highly recommend getting a cup (or several) that is designed to be used with a hand blender.

Bottom Line: I'm happy with mine so far after one use. It looks good and appears to be very well constructed. I'm sure it will last me for many years of very regular use. However, if you have the time to wait, I would go with the aforementioned Russell Hobbs model.

(Edit: I've had the unit for about a year or so, maybe more, and sticking to my 4-star rating. It didn't make almond butter as well as I'd have liked. Making almond butter requires blending for a long time which will require you to stop mid-way through to let the unit cool. I'm not sure that would be any different from other hand blenders (probably not), but figured that should be mentioned. One other drawback is the actual blender attachment, which doesn't always fit into the motor perfectly. It's hard to explain, but the piece inside the stainless steel shaft can slide a bit out of place and you have to make sure it's back where it's supposed to be otherwise you risk stripping where the two pieces attach.)

(Second Edit, April 25, 2013: In the previous edit I made a comment about how the piece inside the stainless steel shaft was slightly too long and needed to be pushed back into place. About 2 weeks ago that issue came to a head. It being too long was causing some slippage from the place where the blade assembly connected to the motor. It finally started stripping that piece and then completely stopped working. The motor still worked, but would no longer connect to the blade shaft, hence, the entire thing became useless. Too bad, because the motor was fantastic. So my 4-star rating has been changed to a 2-star. I bought a Breville hand-blender as a replacement and while not as powerful, I'm very impressed so far and am waiting a little bit longer before writing a review on it. Skip this one entirely.)

1.0 out of 5 stars very cheap quality!, Jan. 2 2012
It true it have a powerful 380 engine! The hand blender is not bad, but the food processor unit construction is very cheap and it breaks easily outside the container!!! No i would be without conscious to recommend this garbage unit to anyone.. if you want a hand blender look for something better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still works great after months, June 26 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Great but not in time duration, Jan. 1 2013
This product works well until... I try it one month after i buy it and the bol was already broken. The rest work well and I was using it twice a day until yesterday. The end after only 3 month of using...
I heard that Delonghi was trustfull but not.

DeLonghi DHB716 380-Watt Tri-Blade 2-Speed Handblender (White)
CDN$ 79.99 CDN$ 75.07
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available