5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing mixer, Dec 5 2011
carminaburana (On, Ca) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: DeLonghi DHB718 380-Watt Tri-Blade 2-Speed Handblender with Whisk (White) (Kitchen)
This my third stick blender I bought. The first two were Cuisinart. The first one worked very well for approx 2 years but was killed by some baby carrots. The second died without a known killer, much earlier. So I gave up the brand, at least for hand blenders.
This De Longhi blender is amazing. It is very powerful. The only flaw is that both speed buttons are a little hard to keep them pressed for a continuous work. Maybe it is more difficult for me, as my right hand is still recovering after a broken wrist. The Cuisinart were easier to use from this only point of view.
It comes with a quite big chopper, that works like a dream.The chopper has a removable plastic base, that also works as a lid. The whisk looks a bit flimsy, but works OK. It comes out of its base, as the whisk is machine washable. There is also a tall beaker with a lid, good for smoothies.
The blender looks very well, and seems sturdy. I didn't try any raw carrots, but I think that being more powerful, it won't be so easy to break.
Actually, Cuisinart stick blenders were not killed by the lack of power, but by their plastic breakable parts.
I only hope De Longhi will last longer.

Update:
After some time I had problems with the chopper white lid, as its shaft became loose. I contacted Delonghi, and they soon sent me a new lid (it was still under warranty). It was free. I loved DeLonghi for staying behind their customers!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, Dec 14 2012
Has worked well so far, just seems to have a bit of trouble with smaller particles, maybe due to how much of a vortex it creates...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great handblender!!, Nov. 12 2012
I'm really pleased with my purchase of the DeLonghi Triblade hand-blender! I've used it for a few months now and it's perfect to make good soups, pesto, tartare, etc. It's very powerful and handy. It's a MUST in a kitchen!!