5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Talented Pop Artist!
Published 22 months ago by C. Preston

3.0 out of 5 stars ok
the music is just ok not as good as I had expected. the number of songs is only 8 or so in this CD
Published 12 months ago by connie du

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Talented Pop Artist!, June 12 2012
C. Preston "Tunes Junkie" (Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Doo-Wops & Hooligans (Audio CD)
Wow....I can say this was an unexpected surprise for me when I bought this CD. First I bought the CD for another song which isn't on this CD...but I'm glad I made the mistake as I was just astounded how good Bruno Mars is. This CD was very well produced but more importantly than that....I began to ask myself by the last song.....why this guy isn't as "big" as Michael Jackson was because this guy is wickedly talented...in a new refreshingly unique way! All I can say is keep it coming Bruno!

1.Grenade: What a great pop tune about how far he would go for the woman in his life. I loved his voice....so gorgeous! I have to admit that when I listened to this artist it reminded me of EARLY Michael Jackson in his talent. It's not he sounds just like Michael (especially not in his later years) but reminds me of Michael before all the Thriller....when I thought his voice was so good. Just great in his own right though so don't think he is a replica of Michael because he isn't. All I can say is I love it!

2.Just The Way You Are: Such a pretty song....really beautiful lyrics and is a catchy pop tune for sure. I loved the video that they played for this song on Much Music....who could resist that smile ...it's absolutely infectious! It's funny how some people have the ability to make you smile just by their smile,....they light up the world; he definetly has that! I'm sure all the young teen girls are just ga-ga over this guy!

3.Our First Love Song: A really nicely done R&B/Pop song about young love.......the first time. So much soul in this song...listen to that voice! Wow he hits so many vocal changes from falsetto and lower registers to just wonderful blending of abilities.

4.Runaway Baby: Okay this song isn't really for me....BUT I have to say why this song works. I watched the Grammy Awards in 2011 and I don't know if anyone else watched it but he did this song live....and I sat there mesmerized. Why? He was so totally original but at the same time was performing (the whole band) like great soul bands from the 60's. It was such a lively performance and the band was so tight it was awesome. So I still listen to this song because it reminds me of that performance. I tell you if just want to kick it...get up and shake your thing...this is the song to do it to!

5.The Lazy Song: I love the "island" feel to this song. This song is great for the weekends...vacations...or anytime you just want to hang out! The instrumenation for this song is so cool also in transmitting that feel. I just loved the video for this song...it was utterly hilarious!

6.Talking To The Moon: Wow what a beautiful ballad....this one will break your heart. He so perfectly sings his pain of the grief of loss....it is just such a lovely song. To me it represents the way a child must feel after losing a parent. The drum beats in this song keep the melody in this track.

7.Liquor Store Blues: Love the collaboration with Damian Marley...felt like I was in Jamaica...great rhythm. How much I love his voice...which by now I"m totally addicted to and will want to see what this kid does in the future for sure! Great song about the realities of the struggle of life!

8.Count On Me: Another nice little ditty about his love for another. This song just flows so well and I liked the mandolin or ukele in this song. This song reminded me of his Hawaiian roots for sure. Sweet, sweet lyrics and always great vocal performance.

9.The Other Side: This is a unique collaboration with Cee Lo Green & B.O.B. What I loved the most about this song though was Bruno's voice & delivery & VIBE in this song. His voice has so many different inflections that I just wanted to hear more but unfortunately this was the last song. This song has an up tempo instrumentation construction. Like the rapping in it too so well done! Cool track!

Those are my picks ladies & gents....check him out...he's a keeper!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great CD, Jan. 15 2013
This review is from: Doo-Wops & Hooligans (Audio CD)
This is a solid CD. Almost every song is great. My wife is in love with him now.

First CD was delivered with a cracked/broken jewel case. Upon contact Amazon sent me a new one right away. I only had to return broken one after I got the replacement. Very good service. I was impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent CD, Dec 15 2013
This review is from: Doo-Wops & Hooligans (Audio CD)
Often we buy CDs and there are only one or two songs that are particularly nice. I enjoyed every song on this CD. The music is upbeat and Bruno Mars has a great voice. I am looking forward to hearing more of his music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool,smooth and hip, March 27 2014
Bruno Mars' pop music ,I would describe as cool,smooth and hip. I couldn't help but feel like dancing as the music is played out. Great beat to listen to.

5.0 out of 5 stars great CD - every song a winner, April 14 2013
This review is from: Doo-Wops & Hooligans (Audio CD)
Utterly awesome CD! Loved all tunes, especially 'It's better if u don't understand'. The songs were upbeat and happy. Great new artist and one of my new Dave's.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, March 26 2013
connie du (Toronto, Ontario, CA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting songs., Jan. 2 2013
This review is from: Doo-Wops & Hooligans (Audio CD)
This is a very feel good CD, puts me in a great mood. Love Bruno's voice. His songs are so genuine and they put a smile on my face.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, Dec 31 2012
This review is from: Doo-Wops & Hooligans (Audio CD)
Bruno Mars always has a new fresh sound that keeps you wanting more.. Love it.. recommend for anyone who wants to get up and have some fun

5.0 out of 5 stars Singner Bruno Mars, April 25 2012
Je ne connaissais pas ce chanteur, mais je l'ai vu à la télé et avec mes recherches sur internet j'ai pu entendre ces chansons. C'est là que j'ai décidé d'acheter son CD.

Liliane NolanFootloose (2011)

5.0 out of 5 stars Doo-Wops CD, March 11 2012
i could've definitely gone with the normal version. the extra live tracks were ok but not necessary for me. Great CD none the less.

ARRAY(0xb4c8ad38)

Doo-Wops & Hooligans
Doo-Wops & Hooligans by Bruno Mars (Audio CD - 2010)