5.0 out of 5 stars Garmin 1490LMT
Received the item, placed it on my dash and plugged it in. Instant connection to all the applcations and used it immediately. The 1490 is tremendous, it tells you everything you need to know when travelling around. I plan to use extensively when we head to L.A. in a month or so. Can't wait. I would recommend this Garmin to anyone.
Published on Jan. 23 2011 by Dave J Bushell

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT RECOMMENDED
It has proven to be of limited usefulness since purchased due to many reasons.

I suspect that Garmin relies on a central database for maps, attractions, etc. etc. As with previous models, it is always outdated.
The interface is not very intuitive.
Published 13 months ago by Brian Graham

5.0 out of 5 stars Garmin 1490LMT, Jan. 23 2011
Dave J Bushell (Langley, BC Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Garmin nuvi 1490LMT 5-Inch Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator with Lifetime Map Updates and Traffic(010-00810-02) (Electronics)

4.0 out of 5 stars amazing but !!!, Jan. 24 2011
I bought it from amazon.ca ,shipping ,packeging ,customer service was very good
Ilike this garmin , but the traffic is not accurate ,bluetooth doesn't work in everyphone ,and when it works caller id and phone book sometime it works sometime not .
speed limit indicator don't work in canada ,where i live .
ihave it for one month so far everything working fine .except what i mention above.
i hope garmin solve these probleme .

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice GPS, Feb. 25 2014
Its really good, The maps and the shortcuts are impressive. With the feature of lifetime map upgrade its of great value. Delivery took 8 business days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Feb. 8 2014
Bought this a couple of years ago now and am still very happy with it. Although the traffic feature is not active in our city, it did kick in and work perfectly while traveling thru larger cities. It accurately notified us of traffic issues and provided alternate routes. I also have had no issues with the yearly lifetime map updates despite needing to load new software for the latest updates. Even though I now have GPS and maps on my phone it does not come close to the features and ease of use of the Garmin when traveling.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best name in GPS, Jan. 5 2014
We have had 3 Garmins. Far better and at a better price point then other products out on the market.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, May 31 2013
Product arrived on time as advertised. Works great and good price. Bought this one to replace an identical unit that stopped working, because we found this model perfect for our travelling needs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fairly good product overall, April 4 2013
My only complaint is the delayed response time when i'm keying in addresses for example to search a location. It seems to take a few seconds to register the information and appears like it is frozen or not responding right away. So I have to pause sometimes to wait for it to register the information i'm keying in. Outside of that, i would still recommend the product. I love the large screen and the display and am still happy with the product overall.

4.0 out of 5 stars Knew what I was getting, March 11 2013
I had this unit before, it does everything it says it would.I've used it on our travels but we mainly use it for geocaching

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT RECOMMENDED, March 10 2013
Brian Graham (Kitchener-Waterloo) - See all my reviews
It has proven to be of limited usefulness since purchased due to many reasons.

The interface is not very intuitive.
Updating maps is not free for a lifetime. Updating software has resulted in maps for Ontario, Canada, being locked and inaccessible

It is is so slow to indicate directions that they are not displayed until after making a turn. An earlier model was faster and more accurate.

There has to be a fully functional and reliable GPS system available somewhere!!.

4.0 out of 5 stars 1490 nuvi, Jan. 28 2011
I reall y like the unit but only have one problem when I us the the bluetooth part of the systom the phone book part does not always work , but otherwise love it

ARRAY(0xae7f2738)