5.0 out of 5 stars Good product - great value
This item is not a thorough-bred , it is a workhorse. If you are like me you have a number of old vinyl records you haven't
played for years. I have at least one album where I have purchased it as a record , then as a cassette , then as a CD. Good thing
Published 15 months ago by Big Bill

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice but disappointed
I purchased this item, and received it promptly. I was very pleased with the styling. When I plugged it in, the tuner was on, so I chose a frequency that I normally listen to and I was pleasantly surprised. I bought this for my mom as a Christmas gift so that she could play some old 78 rpm records , and again was pleasantly surprised with the sound.
However when I...
Published on Dec 2 2011 by Gary

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product - great value, Aug. 25 2013
Big Bill - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Pyle-Home Ptcds2ui Am/Fm Radio/Cd/Cassette/Usb Classic Turntable with Ipod Dock (Electronics)
it was never on eight track! This unit has great AM reception. I was not able to locate the unit by an outside wall , so I will have to
add a twist of wire to the length of FM antenna supplied , but that's my fault not theirs , and I didn't buy it for it's FM anyway.
The cassette deck works fine , one little tip ; the cassette loads with a slight tilt going up into the cabinet. If you try to load it flat
it won't load. After you see how it loads it works fine. The phonograph has a transit screw to hold it during shipping.
It is located at the back of the turntable on the tone arm side. It is not easy to access unless you have a childs hand , but
it can be turned using a dime 10 cent piece once you get your hand in there. The supporting arm on the turntable lid could be
longer , but there is enough room if you take care. Turntable works fine , but directions for turntable do not say how to
make it start. To start it lift up the tone arm lever which will support the tone arm in the up position , then gently push the
arm towards the record , positioning it over the start grooves of the record , and gently lower the tone arm support lever.
Always follow the needle down as if you do this enough you will eventually fall short of the start position and the arm will fall off
the edge of the record , simply be ready to raise the tone arm lever and start again. I assume the CD works , haven't used it
yet. Unit can also use MP3 s , and has various recording functions. Fm mode receives in stereo , phono , cassette I'm not sure, manual doesn't say if is stereo or not.
Now to the sound. First let me point out something an audiophile told me when we were going from hi-fi's to stereos ;
in a mono reproduction all of the music/sound is present , it just isn't separated like it is in stereo. The speakers are too close together for stereophonic sound anyway ,
but the speakers are fine. Not too bassy , not too tinny . Like all turntables you should put some effort into making sure
whatever the unit is sitting on is more or less level . If you don't have a level , use a round pen or whatever to see which way it rolls side to side and front to back. Supports such as 25 cent pieces can be slipped under the feet of the player to level the unit even if
the desk/stand or floor aren't level.
This is not a unit that can do what systems worth thousands of dollars do , but it does everything it says it does , and
at an affordable price . Now I need a record cleaner!

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice but disappointed, Dec 2 2011
However when I went to close the lid, there was a problem. One of the hinges was installed improperly, and the screws were loose. The assembler, did not pay attention to the predrilled holes, placing one hinge lower on the casing, thereby not allowing him to place the screws into the predrilled holes centered on the lid. The screws were forced in so close to the edge, that they cracked the cover. So I was disappointed to have to return the item.
On the negative side, the unit seems to be made of pressboard covered with a thin veneer or similar imitation, which I believe would easily be scratched or damaged.The lid does not open much, so is inconvenient for accessing the records and rpm selector.
On the positive side, the sound of reproducing the old 78's was quite agreeable, although I did not try playing the music at maximum volume.

Customer service at Pyle, were very accommodating and professional.They prepared all the paper work required, including customs papers and I received my refund in a few days.I would really have liked to have my mom enjoy this nicely styled nostalgic turntable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, May 28 2013
This shipped exactly when it was estimate. Got this for my dad for Christmas. It's able to play our old vinyl records as well as our new CDs + iPods. It feels great, the sound quality is superb, and the vintage look is awesome. Love the fact that the AM/FM dial is old-school and requires you to turn the knob. This is the complete all in one music playing package!

5.0 out of 5 stars classical turntable and more, July 5 2011
It's great because it plays everything, turntable, am/fm, cd, cassette, usb and ipod. It's nice to put the records on cd's and on the computer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Inferior product, Jan. 15 2014
Hi,
I purchased this product after reviewing people from Youtube which had bought it and seemed like it was a good choice, I was very wrong!! I pride myself on tring to purchase better quality products and from what it seemed this was the best of it's kind around. When I connected the unit and played records it just skipped on several attemted albums, the ipod connector had a trendous amount of feedback on several differant phones and the radio was difficult to aquire a radio station fully without static. I'm not a very crittical guy but don't waist your time on this unit. If had I found one for double the money and had quality I would have purchased it. I ended up purchasing a regular turntable which in the end is where I should've begun. (It was for my teen daughter.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, Nov. 8 2011
Well I have no complain about as of yet. I gave this as a Birthday present for my boyfriend and he loved it! He raved about it for weeks, showing a picture of the gift to everyone we saw. I was afraid that all that gold and wood would turn out cheap, but I took a risk and I have to say it was gorgeous! He was really impressed with the Ipod jack too, so I'm glad I chose this model. He's been listening to the records for about a month now almost every evening and has reported no problems so far. Obviously, the speakers are not your surround sound ones we have gotten used to, but he says they totally serve the purpose. Overall, I am SO glad I got it - it's a real treat!

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent machine, Feb. 4 2013
A pretty fantastic product at this price range. It plays everything you can throw at it, from Ipods to USB's to CD's to records to cassetts to radio. The speakers are quite decent for 300$, crisp and clear. Records sound very good. Some other people had problems at purchase, but I did not, the entire unit worked out of the box with a minimum of hassle.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed., May 15 2012
item received in box sealed properly with scratch on top lid, approx., 3" long. CD skips, quality of speakers is very poor. Radio reception is lacking. Overall, disappointed with purchase.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, Sept. 22 2012
Based on the previous reviews I ordered this last week and received it this morning. Nice looking product but only one speaker worked and the cd drawer would not open or close properly. It is being returned....not worth the price!

4.0 out of 5 stars A reasonable record player, Jan. 28 2013
I haven't had this record play for very long but so far it seems to be good. I like the wood finish and the sound quality is not to bad. You could compare it to a portable all in one CD player or something like that that you used to be able to get out of the sears catalogue. So far nothing has broken down however this unit is not made as durable as it could have been. The front knobs are made of plastic and the turntable is also plastic. This is my first record player so I don't know how there supposed to be but I notice that the turntable wobbles a bit. For the price, I think it's a good deal and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to get into record players yet if you have been into record players for a while, you may have to pay a lot more if you want something that is of a really good quality. There are many who give these kind of record players, especially the crosley brad a bad review. I'm not sure where exactly they are coming from, maybe they were looking for something a little more high end, but I would say if you are looking for a portable record-player that does a decent job then I think you should give this one a try.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›