Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Cook Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store Cycling Tools minions

on September 29, 2011
I upgraded to version 2011 after using the prior versions of Roxio Creator. What a mistake!

I use Roxio Creator's Video Convert feature frequently, and there was a bug with conversion of Canon camera digital files that exists in version 2011.

I am an expert user. After spending hours on the phone and via email, the support issue has still not been resolved (after over a month).

Support will not admit to a bug existing in the software, even though other users in their Roxio forums had exposed the bug shortly after its release in October 2010.

This company is not the Roxio of the past and I would not buy their products again.
on July 25, 2011
Any evaluation at this time is too premature. The product looks like it will have lots of features once I am more familiar with the product. But I do have some preliminary beefs.

When I first received the product it was not clear to me that it would burn a Blu-ray disk altho the promo materials indicated such. However, the accompanying print materials made reference to a BD plug-in which I interpreted as necessary to burn a BD. I ordered the plug-in but had difficulty with the installation. I sought support from Roxio and they confirmed that the plug-in was not necessary for to burn a BD disk. I have yet to follow the installation instructions for the plug-in as they are far short of routine.

I tried to disk copy an 8GBs video I had produced in Premiere Elements 7. The procedure stopped about a third of the way through.

At this point that is the extent of my experience with Creator Pro 2011. Needless to say it has not been positive; however, I am reluctant to say that the product is a bust, but it certainly has not met my expectations so far.
on September 29, 2011