This is a very good stylus for both writing and tapping on screen. The cheaper models that you can buy for a dollar or less on ebay have rubber head/nib that is hardly good for tapping only.

However, I believe that this stylus is overpriced.

Published on July 31 2011 by Darth Vader

I find the angle the stylus must be held on not really appropriate for me to sign my name or write fluidly and quickly but it does what it claims to do OK.
Published 18 months ago by Rob F

4.0 out of 5 stars Glides on the screen (update: there are less expensive alternatives), July 31 2011
Darth Vader (Ottawa, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Griffin GC16040 Stylus for iPad, iPod, iPhone and Other Touchscreens (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Personal Computers)

However, I believe that this stylus is overpriced.

(Update: I just purchased and tries Targus stylus. It has the same quality and properties for less. I am returning Griffin stylus.)

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PRODUCT, PRICE NOW IN LINE WITH WHAT YOU GET., Nov. 1 2012
Diamond99 (London Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This product is a great option for those who find it awkward to use their fingers to 'touch type' on a small screen or keyboard.

I bought the product initially from another purveyor at a much higher price. It was overpriced then (almost double Amazon's listed price) but I would still have rated it very well. Many styli do not work well on a capacitive touch screen, whilst this one does. The soft foam rubber tip does not damage the screen. The stylus does a great job with touch screens on phones and tablets.

It is very well-constructed. It feels substantial in my hand and it is well-weighted and balanced. It feels like a good pen, with just the right weight. That's part of why I love it so much. I noticed some reviewers mention the 'plastic clip' but mine is most definitely metal. If they've changed their construction, that may explain the dissatisfaction - but I really am happy with mine.

The only thing I find is that it's hard to 'keep with one's phone or tablet' because there is no clip that comes with it, to attach it to the unit itself. I think there may be some cases that provide a slot for a stylus but I haven't yet found one. That, for now, is my main challenge and criticism. It would be great if they would make a clip that could attach to the side of a phone or tablet, to hold this stylus in place for ready/easy-access.

On the whole, this is a great product. I hope that you'll buy it and love it the way I love mine!!

4.0 out of 5 stars No more finger prints on my iPad, Dec 5 2011
The pen is high quality and works well. I have bought cheaper pens in the past and the rubber tips would fall off. I would definitely recommend this stylus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stylus!, April 21 2012
Great stylus. The tip is a different compound than the others I've tried. This one has far less resistance and glides a lot easier. It feels more like writing with a regular pen than other ones I've tried.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, Jan. 18 2012
texjohn (Texada Island, BC Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Other reviews indicated the Griffin Stylus works great -- it certainly does!
I have a real hard time trying to use my wife's ipod touch with my fingers (especially the keyboard) and this stylus works MUCH better than I had expected.
The bonus is that it is a perfect fit to clip to the case on it.
Very pleased and the item arrived very quickly too..

2.0 out of 5 stars Good for about 2 months..., May 29 2013
... then the rubber tip fell off and there's no way to re-insert or replace it. It was OK, if mushy while it lasted but ultimately, I picked up a cheaper Nook pen from Best Buy (U.S.) that feels better and will probably last longer.

Sorry.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for what it's made for but the need doesn't really come up much for me, Feb. 28 2013
Rob F (Hamilton Ontario) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, Jan. 22 2013
Great service..recieved it very quickly..the stylus works pretty good compared to others Ive tried. I bought it for sketching on the ipad...works ok.

5.0 out of 5 stars parfait, Jan. 5 2013
fonctionne parfaitement , convient tres bien a tout type de tablette ! Je le recommande a tous ceux qui veule un.

4.0 out of 5 stars Above average (I assume), Dec 7 2012
I purchased this stylus because it seemed to have a good price-to-quality ratio. It definitely did. Then I tried the Bamboo and found it to be much better.

It's hard to say why the Bamboo is better, it just feels smoother, more responsive and overall more natural.