1,212 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Some amazing artwork with some unfortunate dents/marks.
I had previously owned both Vol 1 & 2 on VHS, so these were a much needed upgrade. The steelbooks have some really nice artwork and it was my main reason for purchasing them. Unfortunately I was slightly disappointed as both volumes had marks and dents on the case in spots that jump out at you while admiring the art.

I would very much recommend these...
Published 5 months ago by Matthew

1.0 out of 5 stars A complete waste of 20 bucks!
Published on May 1 2004 by Jen333

1.0 out of 5 stars A complete waste of 20 bucks!, May 1 2004
Jen333 "Jen333" (Phoenix, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
I loved Tarantino movies like "Reservoir Dogs" and "Pulp Fiction" so I paid 20 bucks for the DVD thinking this movie would be great too. WRONG!! This movie is so bad that I had to turn it off after about 45 minutes. Probably only the 3rd or 4th time I've had to do that in my life, so that's pretty bad. It is very slow-moving and boring, and it constantly strays away from the point. You have to sit through about 15 minutes of cartoon-fighting which I thought was retarded. If I wanted to watch cartoons I'd borrow my nephew's DVDs. There wasn't nearly as much fighting or violence as in his other movies (at least in the first half) but of what violence it did have sucked. And the parts where he tried to make it funny were not at all funny. They were stupid. I can't believe this movie sucked so bad! What a huge disppointment. Don't waste your money - it sucks!

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T BUY THIS DVD!, April 20 2004
S. Koterbay "Professor of Art History" (Johnson City, TN USA) - See all my reviews
Now, don't get me wrong- I LOVE THIS MOVIE! I'm in awe of Tarantino, love the postmodern ironic/unironic constant appropriation that infuses this movie with style, panache, thrills, and giggles. It's a GREAT movie!
But, the DVD is TERRIBLE! A music video (not even a good one) of some wacky Japanese chicks (give me Shonen Knife anyday instead) and "The Making of..." is ALL you get for special features. And, And, AND,,,
IT'S CENSORED! How come only ONE of Sophie's arms are cut off? Where's the second? HOW MUCH IS MISSING FROM THIS DVD? WHY ARE WE BEING SOLD A RE-EDITED VERSION OF THE THEATRICAL RELEASE????
Why? To make more money, to justify a stupid "director's cut". This is a rip-off, and I'm appalled that Tarantino, who claims to love cinema, should abuse us this badly.
Wait for the director's cut... don't buy this piece of trash DVD.

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring Mess!, April 20 2004
SeaWasp (Sydney, Australia) - See all my reviews
Tarantino yanks his ankle once again. Takes a bite out of every film he has seen, chews it up, swallows it, then regurgitates the whole mess over his adoring fan base who obviously have not seen the original superior versions of the exploitation classics QT adores so much and steals from. Beats me why he's so popular. The late, great character actor Marc Lawrence had him pegged as a smartmouth Hollywood upstart and he was right on the money. In the "making of" doco on the dvd, Quentin talks of the (very inept) trashy Japanese girl band, The 5,6,7,8's, that he uses in "Kill Bill.". He says "They're Japanese, they play surf music! How cool is that?" No Quentin, that's NOT cool and neither is this pretentious mess of a movie.

1.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't wait until it was over, March 5 2004
John (United States) - See all my reviews
I knew from the beginning how dumb it was going to be. Uma Thurman knocks on the door and her and Vivica Fox start fighting. Then there's some cussing. Then more fighting. Then we go on to more scenes. More fighting. More cussing. Enter Lucy Liu (who sucks by the way). More fighting. More cussing. Get the gist yet? That pretty much about sums up the movie. Fighting and cussing. And not to mention overdone graphic blood scenes to hide an otherwise inept plotline. Oh and by the way, who was Bill? Oh yeah that's right, we have to see volume 2. So in other words, Tarantino is cashing in for two movies because you would have to see whatever the hell is going to go on in the second one. Like anyone cares at this point.

1.0 out of 5 stars Tarantinwho?, April 14 2004
By A Customer
What is supposed to be so great about this guy? This is badly written and badly directed pap and not since Monty Python have we seen blood spurting so generously. Is this supposed to be a farce or is it just sick self-indulgence?
In scene one our 'heroine' appears bloodied and pregnant in a wedding dress and is shortly shot in the head. Things go downhill from there. The fight scenes are ludicrous, the dialogue appauling and every single step is utterly predictable in all respects except perhaps the level of bloodflow.
This is just twisted and apparently pointless. So she's out for revenge? Why is it that I don't care? Oh that's right, the characterisation sucks.
I'm so glad I wasn't the one who rented this.

1.0 out of 5 stars More pollution from one of Hollywood's sickest minds, April 25 2004
By A Customer
All this movie did is confirm my suspicions that QT is a loudmouth wannabe auteur who can't get over shocking people for
fun and profit. Idiot. Why doesn't he just keep his adolescent femme fatale stroke fantasies to himself instead of inflicting them on the world?
And I just don't get America. People freak out over a tiny glimpse of part of Janet Jackson's breast, and yet this ultra-violent, dehumanizing, brutal, over-hyped empty garbage continues to be produced. Go figure. Anything for a buck in Tinseltown, I suppose. The saddest part is that children will watch it. This filth is one of the best arguments for censorship I can think of. Way to set the bar lower, Quentin!

1.0 out of 5 stars Violent, disgusting, pointless, April 20 2004
Rick Broida (Commerce Township, MI USA) - See all my reviews
I find it sad that this movie has received such accolades when it's nothing more than one gratuitiously violent scene after another. For example (spoiler alert), early on in the movie, Uma Thurman kills the mother of a four-year-old girl -- right in front of her. (And since when do four-year-olds ride the schoolbus? Get a clue, Quentin.) Later, during the anime sequence, a young girl hides under the bed while her mother and father are brutally, graphically slaughtered. Ha, ha... am I supposed to laugh now? Do yourself a favor and skip this disgusting, unfunny waste of celluloid and buy something that will make you feel good. Like, say, Chaplin's "City Lights."

1.0 out of 5 stars KILL HOLLYWOOD!!!, April 18 2004
By A Customer
if you like this movie you might as have a bullet to your head. why put animation to a real-life movie? that was a bad mistake. i agree to that other person. i felt like i was watching a music video by Britney Spears when the chick in yellow clothes was fighting off those psychopaths with samurai swords. this movie did not only sucks but is a rip-off to other great movies and a rip-off to the people who pay to see this movie.
dont be a schmuck in actually buying this movie. you can do better than that. see clint eastwood's old movies or bruce lee's movies. your better off watching those movies instead. cuz kill bill sucks. this class is over.

1.0 out of 5 stars what can i say?, April 18 2004
By A Customer
Kill Bill is the typical american film. With lots of super special effects with lots of violence and with bad actors. But this is the kind of films that americans likes. I am upset because we are going to have 100 kill bill films. Thats the same that happend with good films like matrix 1 or terminator 1. There were good films. But they made another 2 films on the american way. They won millons of dolars but they ruined what it was a good story.Continue watching jack ass ,beavis and buthead. The mirrors of the american society
schwarzenegger for president!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Some amazing artwork with some unfortunate dents/marks., May 11 2014
This review is from: Kill Bill Vol. 1 (Steelbook Edition) [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)

I would very much recommend these steelbooks, but the seller should really be taking better care as I've seen another buyer post a review with the same denting issues. If you'd like to avoid the risk I would avoid buying these online.

Kill Bill Vol. 1 (Steelbook Edition) [Blu-ray]
Kill Bill Vol. 1 (Steelbook Edition) [Blu-ray] by Quentin Tarantino (Blu-ray - 2010)
CDN$ 30.99 CDN$ 21.99