5.0 out of 5 stars Good choice
This Lens hood fitted my T3 lens perfectly even though it does not appear to be on the list of cameras from eForCity.
I am well pleased with the reduction of stray light flare. Also it costs a fraction when compared to Canon Hood.
Published on Feb. 4 2013 by Peter Lath

1.0 out of 5 stars you get what you pay for
This lens hood is useless. I can see the hood in the frame of the picture. It has to be turned constantly to get it out of frame and then its not in a position to block any glare. It also difficult to mount on the lens. It's too high maintenance to use. It cost more to ship than to buy. Now I know why it was so cheap. It was delivered before the estimated time.
Published on Aug. 4 2011 by Kwokmando

1.0 out of 5 stars you get what you pay for, Aug. 4 2011
Kwokmando (Surrey, British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: 58mm Flower Lens Hood for Canon Rebel XT XS XTi XSi T1i (Electronics)

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY!, Jan. 1 2011
J. Petines - See all my reviews
Waste of money. Do not buy! You can see the edges of the hood when installed. The only way for that to "disappear" is either to zoom in or to loosen the hood, which of course is pointless because it becomes wobbly.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, Jan. 21 2012
(Canon T2I) Hood screws onto the lens as a single "unit". Once attached snugly, you cannot adjust the hood, nor can I attach my lens cap. As with previous reviews, when used with the wide-angle lens the hood is highly visible. Cheap, China product that is poorly designed. Given price & shipping costs, would have been better off buying the 'proper' hood at my local store for an extra $10.00. Will try to return this item - if I can't return it it's going in the trash unused.

1.0 out of 5 stars Small, June 6 2012
I was not expecting this item to be so small. It was not a good purchase. Does not really do its job.

3.0 out of 5 stars Shipping Issues, June 30 2011
I ordered this item on May 29, 2011 and it didn't arrive at my door until June 29. I contacted them as soon as the Canada Post strike was threatened and said I would be cancelling my order if they were going to continue to use Cda Post. They said the order could not be cancelled even though their website said it had not been shipped yet. I asked if they could ship FedEx or UPS which went unanswered.

Other than the shipping issues, the item is what I ordered although I somehow imagined it to be slightly larger. I went back to Amazon.ca and looked at the pictures and they are accurate, I just didn't look at them close enough. I item fits on the lens well and I can still fit my lens cover on with the strap attached.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good choice, Feb. 4 2013
Peter Lath "annashb" (London UK (just now)) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars 58mm Flower Lens hood, March 25 2013
The lens hood arrived much early than I expected, less half the estimated time. (about 2 weeks). The quality the lens hood is good.
The only problem I can see with the lens hood is the thread, it is right on the hood. (in other words it is plastic thread onto metal lens ring). Putting on and taking it off the lens hood enough times or makes a mistake cross thread the lens hood, a replacement is needed. I already ordered a few more just in case. For this price, I am not going to worry about it.

1.0 out of 5 stars 58mm FLOWER LENS HOOD......GARBAGE, Jan. 1 2014
PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. ONCE ATTACTHED TO THE LENS ON THE FILTER THREAD..IT MAY STAY ON AND OFF ....BUT AFTER A FEW USES, THE THREADS JUST WEAR OUT AND THEN WILL NOT STAY ON THE CAMERA...MAKE THE CAMERA LOOK GOOD BUT ITS A WASTE OF MONEY ON THIS PRODUCT.

INSTEAD BUY THE COLLAPSIBLE RUBBER LENS HOOD WHICH COMES WITH METAL THREADING THAT IS WAY STRONGER THAT THE CHEAP PLASTIC ONES. THE RUBBER ONES, IT IS EASY TO ADJUST THE LENGTH OF THE HOOD ACCORDING TO YOUR NEEDS!

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but not great, July 29 2011
My package was delivered on time and in good condition.

The cheap threads on this lens hood makes it difficult to put on and remove. When using a standard 18mm-55mm lens, the edges of the hood are visible in the shots. When the hood is on the camera it is not possible to put the lens cap back on the lens.

Overall, this hood is ok, but not great. It will most likely work fine if you don't plan on using a lens cap or any kind of wide-angle lens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flower lens hood, May 9 2011
I haven't had any problems with this item however it didn't come on the date expected. I thought it may have been lost in shipping and so I emailed the supplier. They were very understanding and would have sent me another one but the one I ordered came the next day. I immediatley emailed them back to stop the 2nd shipment. I think they deserve a 5 star for integrity which is rare these days.
My hat's off to them.