4.0 out of 5 stars Beginner at Yoga and I'm in love
Published on Feb. 21 2011 by andrea nelson

1.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't crazy about it at all..
Published 9 months ago by Marmatei

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Beginner at Yoga and I'm in love, Feb. 21 2011
This review is from: Bob Harper: Yoga for the Warrior (DVD)
In the last 6 months I've lost 50 lbs through great cardio and strength training workouts. I'm a big fan of the other Bob Harper dvds, and even the older Biggest Loser workouts. I wanted to try something new. I've done yoga workouts before and found myself yawning through the whole thing. I knew when I saw the title of this dvd that it would be something different.

I've done it twice now and I have to say it is tough! I was sweating and burning the whole way through, but at the end of the workout I felt amazing. Energized, relaxed, and felt like my whole body was in line the way it should be.

I definitely recommend this and I hope beyond hope that he'll make some more of these yoga dvds!

5.0 out of 5 stars Any type of Yoga is good, April 8 2011
This review is from: Bob Harper: Yoga for the Warrior (DVD)
I think Yoga is an important part of any excersie regimen. I have done Hot yoga and the yoga DVD from p90x (really good, but a long one). The moves are all similar just tweaked a bit depending on the instructor.

I like this DVD in the fact that I do feel challenged with some of the moves and I can definitely feel my muscles being stretched and relieveing tension which is important for me becasue I carry stress in my back and neck muscles.

I still think Bikram Yoga in a studio is by far more caloric intensive but this is a closely matched at home routine.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great power yoga workout, Aug. 6 2012
This review is from: Bob Harper: Yoga for the Warrior (DVD)
I've had this disc since I started doing yoga a few months ago but finally tried it for the first time - I will definitely be doing it again, it was a great power yoga workout and has a good balance of different kinds of standing, balance, and core poses. All of the warrior poses, half-moon, triangle, side-angle, exhalted/goddess warrior, chair, tree, twists, plank, side plank. The only thing lacking was inversions, which is fine for most folks I think.

What makes this routine challenging isn't just the poses themselves, but the pace. There is very little time given to transitions or rest between poses, which is part of the reason you build up sweat so quickly. I allow myself to pause the DVD and catch my breath in a few places. I am glad I waited to build up some experience with yoga before trying this dvd, because now I am at about the right level for this while still having room to improve or get to the "full" level on some of these poses. (i.e. side plank while holding top leg up into the air - yikes!). I'll be adding into the weekly rotation.

It is definitely produced in the style of a "workout" dvd more so than a "yoga" dvd - lots of slick music, a countdown clock, etc. There is also very minimal attention to things like the breath, when to inhale and exhale. If you're experienced with yoga already you'll know some of these poses already and can fill that gap on your own, but I would not recommend this as a "first yoga dvd" for anyone. Get at least some basic practice under your belt first.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't crazy about it at all.., Nov. 27 2013
This review is from: Bob Harper: Yoga for the Warrior (DVD)
So I enjoy doing yoga at home through instructional DVD's. Since this one was so highly recommended I tried it. Yes, you do sweat but to me, yoga is also about relaxation, quieting the mind and being in the moment. This routine was conducted like a workout with music that was anything but relaxing. Despite some complicated poses, I can't say my flexibility was improved or that I felt better afterwards. I felt more like I was at the gym trying to compete with limber 20 somethings showing off their perfect abs. He also integrated a lot of Pilates moves, again trying to take it beyond Yoga. I think I bought the last DVD from Amazon - I don't understand the popularity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great workout, March 12 2012
This review is from: Bob Harper: Yoga for the Warrior (DVD)
The product description on the DVD is exactly right. "Temperatures and heart rates will soar" ...yep!! I love Bob's style of training. And it doesn't hurt that he's so cute too ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Yoga that kicks your butt, Dec 11 2011
This review is from: Bob Harper: Yoga for the Warrior (DVD)
I do yoga at home with other DVD's, I have Jillian's yoga but by far this is the best. I was sweating and working hard. Great workout

5.0 out of 5 stars Bob Harper-Yoga for the Warrior, Jan. 12 2012
This review is from: Bob Harper: Yoga for the Warrior (DVD)
Bob Harper's Yoga for the Warrior is a superb workout all over.
Don't be fooled into thinking that because it's yoga that it is all about stretching only.
Within 5 minutes you will be sweating, your heart rate will be elevated for aerobic benefits AND you will receive the benefits from the yoga poses!
I enjoy this DVD for a workout involving all my muscles, helps my balance and a good, sweaty workout.
I highly recommend this DVD for anyone just starting out and looking for more than the yoga stretches. It is yoga and you do stretch AND you'll also work muscles and you'll sweat!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, Sept. 16 2013
This review is from: Bob Harper: Yoga for the Warrior (DVD)
I have been suffering from arthritis-like pain in my knees and ankles lately. I took a chance on this DVD, and found it too intensive for me.

I also found it difficult to know what I was supposed to do - If I was in a downward dog, I couldn't look at my screen to see what to do next, but watching it a few times could have helped with this.

This is by no means a terrible DVD, just not ideal for me. I am only 25 and not overweight - I don't think it is suitable for any true beginner. I think it would be a good workout for someone a little more experienced and flexible.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not so sweaty effective workout, May 25 2014
This review is from: Bob Harper: Yoga for the Warrior (DVD)
Another great bob workout. Not as demanding as his strength and cardio dvds, but still effective. Get a slight sweat on your brow.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good workout, May 22 2014
This review is from: Bob Harper: Yoga for the Warrior (DVD)
This dvd is exactly as it claims, difficult. The workout is good and definitely will work up a sweat. The only thing I would change is adding more workouts.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Bob Harper: Yoga for the Warrior
Bob Harper: Yoga for the Warrior by Bob Harper (DVD - 2010)
CDN$ 16.98 CDN$ 8.97