biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: DVDChange

Showing 1-10 of 29 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on April 8, 2011
I think Yoga is an important part of any excersie regimen. I have done Hot yoga and the yoga DVD from p90x (really good, but a long one). The moves are all similar just tweaked a bit depending on the instructor.

I like this DVD in the fact that I do feel challenged with some of the moves and I can definitely feel my muscles being stretched and relieveing tension which is important for me becasue I carry stress in my back and neck muscles.

I still think Bikram Yoga in a studio is by far more caloric intensive but this is a closely matched at home routine.
on December 11, 2011
I do yoga at home with other DVD's, I have Jillian's yoga but by far this is the best. I was sweating and working hard. Great workout
on February 1, 2015
This is an excellent workout. If you like vinyasa flow yoga, as I do, you'll really enjoy this DVD. I find it to be quite similar to a challenging vinyasa class with a bit more strength/toning added in. The pace is good, Bob's instructions are clear and easy to follow and they put the name of the pose up on the screen so you know what's coming, plus a clock counting down the workout which helps when you're dying and want to know when it's over! It's a good total body workout, gets your heart rate up and also has some of the stretching that feels so good in yoga. I'm a huge fan of yoga but wanted a workout that would push me a bit harder and this is exactly what I was looking for. Highly recommend, for both yogis and the yoga-curious!
on January 12, 2012
Bob Harper's Yoga for the Warrior is a superb workout all over.
Don't be fooled into thinking that because it's yoga that it is all about stretching only.
Within 5 minutes you will be sweating, your heart rate will be elevated for aerobic benefits AND you will receive the benefits from the yoga poses!
I enjoy this DVD for a workout involving all my muscles, helps my balance and a good, sweaty workout.
I highly recommend this DVD for anyone just starting out and looking for more than the yoga stretches. It is yoga and you do stretch AND you'll also work muscles and you'll sweat!!
on March 12, 2012
The product description on the DVD is exactly right. "Temperatures and heart rates will soar" ...yep!! I love Bob's style of training. And it doesn't hurt that he's so cute too ;)
on March 21, 2013
I really enjoyed this workout DVD. When it first starts it's rather intimidating, yes, saying its gonna be the hardest yoga EVER! But it is not as hard as Bob says it's gonna be. In my opinion, it's definitely challenging, but doable.

It reminds me of Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown. They are both the same type of power yoga type moves. I love the twist they both put on what some would call 'traditional' yoga. The biggest difference between these two videos is the time though. Yoga for the Warrior is a full hour and I feel as though it is less rushed then Jillian's dvd because of it. But I still love them both.

I usually try to pick out 30 minute workouts because I find the 60 mins too long for type of workout but this was not the case in this video, that hour passed by super quick...I almost didn't want it to end because I was enjoying it..which is weird. Usually I can't for the pain to stop and am constantly glancing at the clock.

Another thing I thought was very well done was the camera work. It would show a split screen of how you should place you feet, or how the modification is for a pose is done differently so you aren't left guessing or waiting for the shot to go back to what you're looking for. Also, the music was good. Not too in your face but also not standard yoga tunes. Let's just say I didn't feel as though butterflies would float around the corner at any point throughout the workout.

All in all, I would recommend it. If you want a good body-weight training workout that tests your I would tell you gives this a shot.
on December 24, 2014
Excellent! This is the power yoga DVD I always reach for out of my collection. Some people have commented on the music being too loud and distracting. I don't mind the music at all. If you're looking for a mellow, relaxing yoga DVD this isn't it. If you're looking for a workout that incorporates yoga, deep stretching and strength training, then this is definitely for you!!
on April 29, 2014
This is a good buy. 2 programs/module - a 1hr yoga and a 15 minute core workout. I've been using the latter most to supplement my other workout routine. I do the 1hr yoga when I have more time. Both routines give you a good workout, whether done separately or together.
on February 8, 2013
This workout is awesome! Parts are challenging, there's no easy "breathing & contemplating", make no mistake, this is hard work. The best part is the nice looong stretching series at the end. It's very rewarding!
on October 13, 2013
I do different types of yoga and have been doing yoga for a while...this DVD is terrific. Fast paced, works your entire body hard! The 15 minute ab workout is awesome...works your abs like crazy!