march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Format: DVD|Change

on February 21, 2011
In the last 6 months I've lost 50 lbs through great cardio and strength training workouts. I'm a big fan of the other Bob Harper dvds, and even the older Biggest Loser workouts. I wanted to try something new. I've done yoga workouts before and found myself yawning through the whole thing. I knew when I saw the title of this dvd that it would be something different.

I've done it twice now and I have to say it is tough! I was sweating and burning the whole way through, but at the end of the workout I felt amazing. Energized, relaxed, and felt like my whole body was in line the way it should be.

I definitely recommend this and I hope beyond hope that he'll make some more of these yoga dvds!
on April 8, 2011
I think Yoga is an important part of any excersie regimen. I have done Hot yoga and the yoga DVD from p90x (really good, but a long one). The moves are all similar just tweaked a bit depending on the instructor.

I like this DVD in the fact that I do feel challenged with some of the moves and I can definitely feel my muscles being stretched and relieveing tension which is important for me becasue I carry stress in my back and neck muscles.

I still think Bikram Yoga in a studio is by far more caloric intensive but this is a closely matched at home routine.
on November 27, 2013
So I enjoy doing yoga at home through instructional DVD's. Since this one was so highly recommended I tried it. Yes, you do sweat but to me, yoga is also about relaxation, quieting the mind and being in the moment. This routine was conducted like a workout with music that was anything but relaxing. Despite some complicated poses, I can't say my flexibility was improved or that I felt better afterwards. I felt more like I was at the gym trying to compete with limber 20 somethings showing off their perfect abs. He also integrated a lot of Pilates moves, again trying to take it beyond Yoga. I think I bought the last DVD from Amazon - I don't understand the popularity.
on August 6, 2012
I've had this disc since I started doing yoga a few months ago but finally tried it for the first time - I will definitely be doing it again, it was a great power yoga workout and has a good balance of different kinds of standing, balance, and core poses. All of the warrior poses, half-moon, triangle, side-angle, exhalted/goddess warrior, chair, tree, twists, plank, side plank. The only thing lacking was inversions, which is fine for most folks I think.

What makes this routine challenging isn't just the poses themselves, but the pace. There is very little time given to transitions or rest between poses, which is part of the reason you build up sweat so quickly. I allow myself to pause the DVD and catch my breath in a few places. I am glad I waited to build up some experience with yoga before trying this dvd, because now I am at about the right level for this while still having room to improve or get to the "full" level on some of these poses. (i.e. side plank while holding top leg up into the air - yikes!). I'll be adding into the weekly rotation.

It is definitely produced in the style of a "workout" dvd more so than a "yoga" dvd - lots of slick music, a countdown clock, etc. There is also very minimal attention to things like the breath, when to inhale and exhale. If you're experienced with yoga already you'll know some of these poses already and can fill that gap on your own, but I would not recommend this as a "first yoga dvd" for anyone. Get at least some basic practice under your belt first.
on August 21, 2013
The workout itself is pretty standard and I'd say intermediate level. The problem is the music. It's so bad, I can't do the workout. The "Hard Rock" muzak clashes totally with yoga (and so does the instructor's attitude, in my point of view). I imagine the purpose is so we feel this is more challenging than a relaxing new agey routine(hence the title : yoga for Warrior), but even though yoga can be challenging and tough, the wellbeing that one seeks with yoga is totally absent here. May as well just do a regular workout with lunges, pushups, etc.

The 15 min yoga abs segment isn't even yoga. It's just regular crunches and abs routine.
on March 8, 2011
I really enjoyed this dvd. The music could have been better but seemed to fit with the whole thing in the end. Bob is really encouraging and pushes you.
on December 11, 2011
I do yoga at home with other DVD's, I have Jillian's yoga but by far this is the best. I was sweating and working hard. Great workout
on February 1, 2015
This is an excellent workout. If you like vinyasa flow yoga, as I do, you'll really enjoy this DVD. I find it to be quite similar to a challenging vinyasa class with a bit more strength/toning added in. The pace is good, Bob's instructions are clear and easy to follow and they put the name of the pose up on the screen so you know what's coming, plus a clock counting down the workout which helps when you're dying and want to know when it's over! It's a good total body workout, gets your heart rate up and also has some of the stretching that feels so good in yoga. I'm a huge fan of yoga but wanted a workout that would push me a bit harder and this is exactly what I was looking for. Highly recommend, for both yogis and the yoga-curious!
on January 12, 2012
Bob Harper's Yoga for the Warrior is a superb workout all over.
Don't be fooled into thinking that because it's yoga that it is all about stretching only.
Within 5 minutes you will be sweating, your heart rate will be elevated for aerobic benefits AND you will receive the benefits from the yoga poses!
I enjoy this DVD for a workout involving all my muscles, helps my balance and a good, sweaty workout.
I highly recommend this DVD for anyone just starting out and looking for more than the yoga stretches. It is yoga and you do stretch AND you'll also work muscles and you'll sweat!!
on September 16, 2013
I have been suffering from arthritis-like pain in my knees and ankles lately. I took a chance on this DVD, and found it too intensive for me.

I also found it difficult to know what I was supposed to do - If I was in a downward dog, I couldn't look at my screen to see what to do next, but watching it a few times could have helped with this.

This is by no means a terrible DVD, just not ideal for me. I am only 25 and not overweight - I don't think it is suitable for any true beginner. I think it would be a good workout for someone a little more experienced and flexible.