countdown vpcflyout Home boutiques-francophones Learn more All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

on June 2, 2016
Bought it a few months ago, and works like a charm. I was a bit worried because it was cheaper than ones i found in stores, but it works as well as any other cable. I recommend it if you're looking for one.
on July 21, 2016
It works! It sure is the flimsiest looking cable I've ever seen... but it works and it is long enough. It did take 8 million years to arrive, so I almost gave up and spent 60 bucks locally to buy one... but held out.
on July 6, 2015
After several conversations with Sony and Vizio I've come to the conclusion that this cable does not work. I was trying to hook up a Sony big screen tv to a Vizio soundbar but when I had everything hooked up like I was instructed to there was no sound coming out of the soundbar. For $2 it's not worth returning and getting my money back.

Update:For $2 I'm going to try this cable again. I just ordered another one and hopefully this one works. If it doesn't then I'm only out $2.
Further Update:Recieved cable and just like the first one it doesn't work. No very happy.
on April 18, 2015
It works, and that is really all you need to know about optical cables. However, I thought the quality of it could be better. I've purchased other optical cables online (more expensive...maybe $8ea) and they were thicker (more shielding / outer plastic coating). This optical cable is very thin and is not as flexible as others. It feels as though you could break the cable if you were not careful (almost feels as though you are touching the optical fiber itself. Be careful with it and you will be fine. Since I only paid about $2 for it it is fine for my use but delivery took forever, somewhere around 2 months. Other optical cables I've ordered online were received in days / week.

In the end I'm happy the cable works (I'm using it to extend a short cable for easier cleaning) but in reality if I knew delivery was going to be so long I would have looked elsewhere.,
review image
on June 23, 2013
Was not worth waiting for!!!
Bought one from Best Buy due to long delivery. Will continue using Best Buy as this item was poor quality.
I do not recommend this cable.
on March 14, 2013
It takes long time before i received. I try but it doesn't work at all. still up to now i'm looking for good digital audio optic for my reciever
on March 2, 2014
The cable does'nt make a good connection.
I had to use a rubber band to keep it well connected.
Other than that it does a great job.
on January 28, 2012
6'audio optical cables run $20-40 in Canadian retail stores, plus GST and Provincial taxes. As I shopped for this item, a friend mentioned, "It's digital ... ones and zeroes are ones and zeroes. It's either working or not working. If a cable is successfully transmitting the digital information, it's all there. "

I ran a comparison (using the same audio equipment) between this and a $20 cable, finding no loss in quality. So if you can wait for a week in shipping, this is a pretty good deal.
on September 18, 2011
This cable works well for me and it is a good value. Digital does not require top quality to transfer 1 and 0.
on February 16, 2014
Overall it took a month to get this cable. My first request to the supplier was answered that it was lost in the Xmas rush. Finally after three emails they sent another. Too much bother for a cable. Next time I will go to a store.

See 1 answered question