Published on March 8 2013 by Kieseyhow

Published 3 months ago by Craig Hogg

3.0 out of 5 stars I thought the quality of it could be better. I've purchased other optical cables online (more expensive, April 18 2015
This review is from: New Digital Audio Optical Fiber Optic Toslink Cable 6FT (Electronics)
It works, and that is really all you need to know about optical cables. However, I thought the quality of it could be better. I've purchased other optical cables online (more expensive...maybe $8ea) and they were thicker (more shielding / outer plastic coating). This optical cable is very thin and is not as flexible as others. It feels as though you could break the cable if you were not careful (almost feels as though you are touching the optical fiber itself. Be careful with it and you will be fine. Since I only paid about $2 for it it is fine for my use but delivery took forever, somewhere around 2 months. Other optical cables I've ordered online were received in days / week.

In the end I'm happy the cable works (I'm using it to extend a short cable for easier cleaning) but in reality if I knew delivery was going to be so long I would have looked elsewhere.,

4.0 out of 5 stars These cables work perfectly and the quality and workmanship is more than good enough for a reliable setup, March 8 2013
Kieseyhow (Hawkesbury, Ontario) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Do yourself a favour and do not get sucked into those over priced TOSlink or optical audio cables. These cables work perfectly and the quality and workmanship is more than good enough for a cable you are just going to connect once and forget about somewhere back there in the dark regions behind your AV system. Those fancy high priced cables are more suited for someone who is constantly setting up and breaking down their audio setup for live shows or in a studio. This cable from eForCity is much more suited to the homeowner and for basic AV system setup where you leave it until you replace it or must move it infrequently. The signal is just as good, and the quality is more than you need to get a reliable system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Save $20-40 ... this works, Jan. 28 2012
6'audio optical cables run $20-40 in Canadian retail stores, plus GST and Provincial taxes. As I shopped for this item, a friend mentioned, "It's digital ... ones and zeroes are ones and zeroes. It's either working or not working. If a cable is successfully transmitting the digital information, it's all there. "

I ran a comparison (using the same audio equipment) between this and a $20 cable, finding no loss in quality. So if you can wait for a week in shipping, this is a pretty good deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Digital audio Cable, Sept. 18 2011
This cable works well for me and it is a good value. Digital does not require top quality to transfer 1 and 0.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, does the job., Sept. 22 2014
Ordered this to go along with a converter that I ordered. It works great. There is no loss of sound or anything.

The package was not damaged or anything. The product was not damaged or anything.

There is only one downfall to this cable, it is very, very thin and feels very fragile. So just keep that in mind and be careful when removing this cable and you shouldn't have a problem. I've connected and disconnected this cable about half a dozen times and it still works like the first time I hooked it up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Buy!!!, June 18 2014
works as advertised.....cheaper than buying similar item at any local electronic stores like Best Buy....delivery takes more than 3 weeks because item was shipped from China but it does not matter to me as long it was delivered within the promised time frame as I agreed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value works well, Dec 6 2013
These cables looked to be more of an economy minded product but I must say I was well pleased with the performance and build. Sound is great. It does seem like you don't really need to buy the overpriced "Brand Name" product as these will definitely do the job. The fit into the toslink receptacles is very good, no sloppy fit in the least. I had to use a small plier to remove one end from my home theatre as the fit was too snug for my fingers to pull it out. Definitly an excellent product for the price. I would recommend this to anyone (like me) who does not want to pay through the nose for a product that does what it is supposed to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good cable !, May 3 2013
Henry (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
Bought it connect my Samsung TV to the Samsung sound bar. The design of the sound bar is a bit weird that there is not much room for a normal optical cable connector to fit in hence I found this cable. The connector of this cable is much smaller than the normal one and it fits perfectly.
The cable itself looks thin and fragile but since you're not going to move the equipment very often, it is acceptable. And, it is so cheap that you can buy a new one if it breaks (I bought two). Have used it for about 4 months, so far so good.
Again, optical signal is digital, you don't need a very expensive cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars True Home Theater, April 3 2013
My in home theater system was not working as it should have. I have a high definition satellite receiver along with a Sony sound system. After hooking everything up the sound & video was not what I expected but then discovered what was lacking was two digital optical cables. After searching for cables locally & found none available went shopping at Amazon & purchased same. What a difference it made to my in home theater.These cables were easy to install & made all the difference in the world.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, Feb. 4 2013
I bought this cable to connect my HDTV to my Surround Receiver so I can get 5.1 Audio. It works as it should, the digital audio gets to it's destination continuously. The only thing that concerns me is the quality and the size of the connectors. They are small and deem like they wouldn't protect the cable well because of the lack of strain relief. Since it is going to be installed semi-permanently I'm not too worried.

Overall: Good buy for the price