4.0 out of 5 stars A great grinder - with minor caveats
I have been using this Bodum grinder daily now for two weeks.

Published on May 1 2011 by Kenneth Lee

2.0 out of 5 stars Great ... when it works!
First off, I'm only using this grinder for drip coffee and it works great...when it works.

Published on June 18 2012 by Gord

4.0 out of 5 stars A great grinder - with minor caveats, May 1 2011
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Orange (Kitchen)
I have been using this Bodum grinder daily now for two weeks.

Overall, I am extremely satisfied with the purchase as it was an upgrade from using a blade-grinder/pre-ground coffee. The price is very competitive. I was considering spending more for the pricier models but in hindsight, I feel the beans I use (just regular starbucks beans), likely wouldn't make a difference.

In terms of the pros:
- Great colors. Looks great in the kitchen
- Burr grinding: the ground beans are of very good consistency. I make my coffee using a french press (Bodum New Brazil 8-Cup French Press) and every cup has been excellent
- Glass grounds container: there is still static and the grinds do hang off the sides, but it's nothing a nice tap doesn't fix
- Timer: love having the timer. It took some trial and error and some wasted beans, but now I have it timed exactly so that it grinds just the right amount of beans for a cup

Some of the minor cons:
- There will still be some static electricity. But it's no big deal
- The funnel for the beans could've been slightly better designed. I've noticed beans something getting stuck in the funnel, and thus the amount grinded is reduced
- Yes, the machine will take a break after 20seconds of grinding. Since I'm not making a liter of coffee for myself every morning, this is a non-issue.

UPDATE (Jun 28/11):

I have now been using this grinder daily for the past two months. A few pounds of beans have traversed through the burr grinder. I make a French press coffee almost exclusively. The grinder has performed well - one minor issue has been using oily beans, which have a tendency to get caught on the sidewalls of the hopper instead of falling into the grinder. A good tap during the grinding ensures the beans fall in consistently. Otherwise, the machine has performed without issue.

My only concern at this time is how well the grinder will work for espresso. I am in the market for an espresso machine and I hope this grinder will be up to the task. I will update this review according.

I still stand by my score of 4/5.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great ... when it works!, June 18 2012

I've been getting on-and-off problems with the timer not working as expected ever since we purchased this 6 months ago. Occasionally, the grinder would stop before it reached the time it was set to. Playing with the coarseness of the grind seems to help a little, but it still stops prematurely from time to time.

Trying different beans and ensuring the grinder did not have any loose grind inside it does not seem to affect this problem.

For the moment, I've been living with the coarseness setting at maximum and setting the grind duration to the minimum setting.

I'm not quite sure who to talk to about getting it serviced, so I figured I might as well write a review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still going strong!, April 4 2014
We've had this bodum burr coffee grinder for over a year now and it has changed our entire appreciation of a good cup of joe! We use it 2-5 times a day and is still going strong! Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bodum Burr Grinder, April 13 2011
Purchased this recently, works well on the different grinder settings.
Have used it mostly for espresso and am pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bodum Bistro coddee grinder, Jan. 3 2011
Margo Schock (Campbell River,, British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
the best coffee grinder I've ever used! Two major features - it's quiet, and the glass container (instead of plastic) is so easy to keep clean - no 'magnetic' coffee grounds stuck to the sides of the container - Bodum products are so well designed - I've used the Bodum french press coffee pots for 20 years, also a Bodum electric kettle, which brings water to the boil faster than any other kettle I've owned in the past. I recommend their products highly!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, March 24 2011
This is the third coffee burr I bought and it is the best so far. This one gives me a perfect grind for my espresso! It is clean with no coffee grinds all over the place. The design is great and I had so many colors to choose from. I like the glass container. The only thing I did not expect and did not like is the cheap plastic container on top where the beans go. I think a company like Bodum should have been able to come up with a better quality bowl. Otherwise, I am really happy with my purchase and would buy it again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect coffee grinder, Jan. 7 2012
This cute coffee grinder is just perfect. There's a seal on every cap, allowing beans and grinded coffee left in the cup to stay fresh.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great grinder, just the on-off switch is a little finicky on my machine, Dec 31 2011
Not sure if it's just my particular machine, but when I set it to French press, I sometimes have to play with th grind button a few times before it starts grinding. But the result is always perfect each time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Grinder, Dec 29 2011
This grinder makes the best coffee ever! We use Pride of Arabia beans and a Melita #6 cone filtre.We have been using different blade grinders for years and have always made good coffee,but now the coffee is fantastic!.... Buy one you wont be disappointed!....try to get it on sale!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product., Oct. 20 2012
R. PD Vanderkam (Eastern Ontario, CA) - See all my reviews
I like this grinder a lot. It looks great and works well. I get a very small amount of static, which I expect. It seems robust and cleans easily. I'm very happy with it.

EDIT: you may not be able to see this because this item isn't listed anymore, but if you can, be aware that the grinder has begun jamming after a year of grinding espresso daily. Not sure what to do. Will contact Amazon.