5.0 out of 5 stars no problem!
I really liked the look of this kettle but was rather dismayed by some of the negative reviews. I decided to go for it anyway and am glad that I did. I have absolutely no problem with it at all. It's the perfect size for my needs and I love the colour. It boils fast and switches itself off automatically... what more do you need?
Published on Feb. 26 2012 by Marilyn Ambroziak

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice look, no auto shut off
Bought this kettle thinking it would be more efficient than our old one. Very good size and colour. Only problem is that is doesn't have an off switch. It boils for about a minute then shuts off. I would prefer it to boil and shut off quickly.
Published on Jan. 14 2012 by Mongupta

5.0 out of 5 stars no problem!, Feb. 26 2012
Marilyn Ambroziak "ex-pat" (Montreal, Canada) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice look, no auto shut off, Jan. 14 2012
This review is from: Bodum Bistro 34-Ounce Cordless Electric Water Kettle, Orange (Kitchen)

5.0 out of 5 stars Turned out to be a good kettle!, Dec 5 2011
You just have to use it properly and first read the instructions . It makes a nice cup of tea.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap plastic construction & questionable safety, Jan. 10 2014
I bought this kettle about a year ago. I'm not happy with it.

On the plus side:

- It boils a full litre of water quite fast.

On the downside:

- The construction isn't very solid; the nipple that acts as a hinge for the lid broke off under only gentle use, and now the lid falls into the kettle every time we fill it.

- The auto shut off doesn't work consistently. There is no "OFF" switch. If left plugged in on the cradle, the kettle will continue to come on until the kettle has boiled dry. This is clearly a safety issue, and I have to wonder why this product is allowed on the market.

I won't buy another one of these, EVER. It wasn't cheap, and it lasted less than a year.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute colour, Oct. 1 2013
I'n (Montreal) - See all my reviews
I like the fact that you wouldn't burn your fingers as with a stainless kettle. I don't like that it boils quite a while before shutting off and it doesn't have an off button either.

5.0 out of 5 stars BODUM BISTRO KETTLE, June 21 2013
The Bodum Bistro Kettle is quiet and brings water to a full boil before shutting off automatically.
I love it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Bodum Bistro Kettle, Aug. 19 2012
The kettle is beautiful -its aesthetic is pleasing, the colour (red) is perfect. It is comfortable to hold and pour and easy to use. It efficient insofar as it heats the desired amount of water quickly. The only criticism I have is that you MUST leave the kettle boiling until it activates its own click off switch. If you take the kettle off the base after it has boiled but before the light has de activated, the base continues to heat.

1.0 out of 5 stars absolutely undrinkable, Sept. 21 2012
Leah "LK" (Winnipeg, MB, Canada) - See all my reviews
we received this kettle yesterday and where very excited to try it out. after boiling in this kettle, the water had absolutely terrible taste!
we tried few more times ans where very disappointed. most probably the plastic releases some toxic chemicals into the water when boiling.
I would not suggest buying this product.