5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent performance to price ratio.
I bought this grinder after researching for quite sometime. I had narrowed it down to the capresso infinity 56x series and the bistro. The bistro was chosen because of the promise of static free grinding due to its glass jar.

Published on Dec 24 2010 by Allan

3.0 out of 5 stars It started out great
Published 4 months ago by Brenda Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent performance to price ratio., Dec 24 2010
Allan (Vancouver, BC) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)

The unit does indeed grind with minimal static. The bistro is not static free (it is almost static free). It does not produce the messes of previous grinders. No ground coffee jumps out of the receptacle after grinding. The grinding receptacle is not slippery. It is easy to hold and feels secure and sturdy.

The grinder has a low pitched sound while grinding. Although still relatively noisy, it does not produce an irritating high pitched noise (think low cost blade grinders) and as a result is more pleasant to use than many grinders.

The burrs appear to be made of steel/stainless-steel. They are easily accessed for cleaning by twisting the conical bean resevoir.

I grind oily Starbucks french roast beans for espresso with the bistro. They are ground fine and very even. The ground coffee has a fluffy texture when collected from the receptacle. I get no sand/grit in my espresso. I have made espresso with a good tamping and the fine grind that can nearly choke my espresso machine.

I would happily recommend this grinder to anyone that needs a decent grinder but doesn't want to spend greater than $150.

Happy grinding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!, Dec 11 2011
Ellen M. Riggins (Dryden, ON Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
This is an affordable grinder that works! I've gone through several, only to be disappointed by each one. The Bodum grinder is so much quieter and faster than previous grinder purchases, and the grounds are nicely uniform. I find the static problem to be almost non-existent with this unit. A fine burr grinder indeed! Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars One annoyance short of five stars, Oct. 19 2011
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
Grinds fine and consistent, quieter than some of the other grinders I've used, and the anti static collection container is great. Build quality seems top notch and it even looks reasonably nice sitting on the counter. My first Bodum product and pretty happy with it, the company seems reasonable and even offer replacement parts right on the website so if you drop the glass you're not out of luck.

My only complaint, and this probably stems from the nature of the design and saving costs, is that you can't adjust the grind setting while there are beans in the hopper. I go back and forth between french press for multiple cups and aero press for my morning fix, and they're basically opposite ends of the spectrum. It's a bit of a pain when I'm running late, but otherwise it's a tolerable nuisance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and stylish grinder, Jan. 21 2011
F. Lepere (Windsor, NS, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
Like most Bodum products this grinder is stylish enough to be left on your counter. Performance wise it is likely no noisier than a conical burr coffee grinder needs to be and it produces grind of a consistent size...something a much less expensive blade grinder is unable to do. The coffee grinds only get slightly statically charged in the reservoir...not an issue. The coffee that results from using freshly roasted, good quality whole beans with this grinder and a french press is excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, Feb. 10 2012
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
Having coffee in the hopper is great in the morning, and all you have to do is switch the grinder on and press the start button. The 20 second grind time suites my wife and I four "mugs" of coffee.

3.0 out of 5 stars It started out great, Aug. 7 2014
Brenda Pink "snorkelgeek" (Lethbridge, AB, CAN) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
This grinder started out great. It was quiet, it ground very fine. Even a pebble in some coffee brought back from Jamaica didn't hinder it. Then suddenly it started acting up. I couldn't get it to grind fine even at the finest setting. A couple of times, I was able to "restore" the fine grind, by taking the hopper out and simply putting it back on. But now that trick has stopped working. So I can no longer get fine grind. It's also a very messy grinder with static all over the place and fines that fly out all over the floor and counter. I realize some of this is dependent on the coffee itself, but as a general rule, all coffees seem to become static-y in this grinder. I love the look. I love the quiet grind. But I've just purchased a new grinder to replace this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent little grinder, Feb. 12 2012
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
This is definately a great grinder for the money. I am a coffee lover, use a french press, and this thing grinds my coffee perfectly every time. Love the timer, it's so easy to adjust for different amounts, after 2 or 3 uses I know the setting I need for each amount of coffee I need to make. Perfect little grinder!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for French press coffee, Dec 3 2011
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
I've got this grinder since a month now and I love it. I use it almost every morning for my French Press coffee.
At first, I was making my French press coffee with pre-ground beans. Then I grinded my beans with my roommate's blade grinder. It was much better, yes, but the uneven size of the grains (the filtration/pressing was leaking to powdery residues) made me buy the Bodum Bistro. It makes such a HUGE difference to have a a good burr grinder!
Pros : small, beautiful, makes excellent coffee and the even-sized grains makes the filtration/pressing perfect (no leak)
Cons : noisy (more than a blade grinder, I don't know compared to other burr grinders), more expensive.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good purchase!, Nov. 29 2014
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
Moyennement bruyant, assez esthétique, aucun problème de statique dans le réceptacle, peut parfois être inconstant dans la quantité moulue, mais c'est léger. L'uniformité de la mouture est impeccable, peut fournir la mouture requise pour faire d'excellents espressos, du café filtre ou french press sans problème. Je l'ai depuis quelques mois et je l'utilise avec la machine Café Roma de Breville et l'espresso est excellent.

Not so loud, looks good, no static problems in the receptacle but can have a small inconsistency in the quantity of coffee grinded. The size of the particles is consistent and the size range goes from espresso to french press coarse grind without problem. I've been using it for half a year with my Cafe Roma machine from Breville and the set-up works fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Grinder - daily use for well over 3 years and still going strong, Nov. 6 2014
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
We've used this grinder every day for over three years now and it has never failed to produce a quality, consistent grind. Easy to clean and operate. This thing looks great, performs great and is a must for anyone that grinds their own coffee at home. We use it for making coffee in everything from drip machines, aeropress, moka pot, french press, and espresso machine. The finest grind gets fine enough for me to pull a pretty decent espresso shot though it could maybe be a tad finer. I'd definitely recommend this grinder to a friend and will buy another one if this thing ever breaks!

Only gripe might be a bit of static when emptying the grinds from the canister but I think that's a pretty common problem across the board with grinders.

Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black