summer boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle sports Tools Family

Color: Black|Change

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on January 16, 2014
I had one for 2 years, I am very happy with it; I decided to give one to my son has a gift a year ago; it fails 11 months later, I contact Bodum N.-A.; they confirm a 2 years warranty and asked me all necessary info for repair or replacement. after I send the requested, I never heard from them. If you contact them by mail, you have an automated answer: ''we will come back to you within 3 working days''. As of yet, no answer, 5 weeks after first contact.
on April 4, 2016
I waited on publishing my review because I wanted to use it for awhile. The first thing I noticed was that the selling feature of having a glass holder for the grounds so that they don't get static is bogus - the grounds go everywhere and get just as much static as plastic would. Also, I'm surprised they use a clear bean hopper since anyone who knows anything about coffee storage knows they should be kept away from light/heat to maximize the beans' life.
After using this product for just over 6 months it broke. The machine started making a different noise and I noticed that even though it was grinding the beans, no grounds were coming out the bottom. I took it apart to clean it/inspect it and still nothing. It is a disappointment and a waste of money.
on June 18, 2012
First off, I'm only using this grinder for drip coffee and it works great...when it works.

I've been getting on-and-off problems with the timer not working as expected ever since we purchased this 6 months ago. Occasionally, the grinder would stop before it reached the time it was set to. Playing with the coarseness of the grind seems to help a little, but it still stops prematurely from time to time.

Trying different beans and ensuring the grinder did not have any loose grind inside it does not seem to affect this problem.

For the moment, I've been living with the coarseness setting at maximum and setting the grind duration to the minimum setting.

I'm not quite sure who to talk to about getting it serviced, so I figured I might as well write a review.
on February 17, 2016
So after using this second unit 1-2 a day for over a month, I can confidently say this grinder is great. The build quality is nice, from the clear hopper to the hand made glass recepticle jar. The unit is a bit louder than much more expensive grinders but as a trade off, it has a smaller footprint that more expensive grinders. Highly recommend for the home coffee enthusiast!

To be clear, the first unit received was a dud. The grinder clogged for some reason during the second use causing the internals to wear which led to a horrible grinding noise and clogging every use afterward. It seems the removable conical burr may have been the issue or a faulty motor assembly. I knew this wasn't normal of the unit as I've had a few friends that have also purchased this grinder without any issue. The exchange process with Amazon was quick and painless!

*** The second unit is now also, clogging and binding as the first one did. I have to pour the coffee beans in to the hopper very slowly in order to prevent to many beans getting stuck in the grinder and binding up the unit. This has become a major inconvenience and causes a mess in the kitchen as the unground beans hop out of the hopper. I am currently in contact with bodum warranty to see if i can get another replacement or refund. t

To be clear, i grind at medium(drip) grid***
on December 19, 2013
It worked great for about 6 months, when the red button on top that starts the grinding broke. Very inconvenient, now we use a tooth pick to start it, and you don't always hit the right spot, can take minutes to get it. It is a cheap product.
on December 19, 2013
I gave this as gift to a friend. He reported to me that the grinder failed right at the warranty expiration date. Too bad. It apparently worked well … when it worked.
on July 6, 2014
Maybe we got some lemons but we went through two of these in as many months. The first one the glass container broke while removing it from the packaging for the very first time. The second one, while switching from expresso to french press grind a tiny plastic piece snapped off on the inside and it never worked again.
on January 31, 2012
Doesn't work on the espresso setting with whole beans. They get stuck. What I had to do is use the coarse grind first then run the grounds through the machine again to get the espresso grind to work. This method works but the machine heats up quick and it becomes messy transferring the grinds.
on August 10, 2012
Quite a good "beginner" grinder. Creates a bit of mess: coffee grinds seem to end up on the counter despite the anti static claims. Mine just broke down after 7 months of about 4 15 second grinds a day, which is a shame.
on March 2, 2015
Nice outside, but inside !!!!!, plastic gearing das not last long