biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Color: BlackChange

on February 4, 2016
Love it ! So glad I spent the extra money and bought a burr grinder instead of a blade grinder. It is quiet and does a great job every morning.
I bought the red one - it adds a lovely splash of colour to the kitchen !
on February 3, 2016
My last Burr grinder died, and so this time, we bought a higher quality one. Despite the fact that it feels light, it seems to be quite rugged. There's an auto-off on the motor to keep it from burning out if it gets stuck (which I believe is what killed my last one), and you can take off the top and access the grinding mechanism (which I couldn't do in my last one, and so couldn't dislodge it). The little cup it fills is handy, although the area around the grinder gets a bit dirty from the grains that spill out.
Does an extremely find grind very well, and really is a much better option than a spinning-blade grinder on many levels (do some research!).
on January 26, 2016
I was a bit divided about committing to this since a few of the reviews were really Luke warm and also since I was concerned about it being too loud. The fact anyone even mentioned that it was loud caused me some concern and I hovered on this purchase for awhile. Finally I just decided to roll with it as a Christmas gift for my wife (I'm not a coffee drinker but I do enjoy making "good" coffee for her).

Let me say that it's been used every day for over a month and hasn't missed a beat. The "noise" I was worried about was practically nothing at all and certainly didn't warrant any negative feedback at least as far as I was concerned. This isn't a pillow- it's a machine that grinds hard objects into powder.

The grind selection is easy and has specific settings for various types of grind from very coarse (French press is the second coarsest grind) all the way to espresso. It cleans easily and in our case the red accent is a nice addition to the kitchen.

This was an excellent purchase that has completed the experience since it's fun for me to make the coffee "a little better each time." I just spent 70 bucks on a pound of Jamaican blue mountain coffee (I know, right?) and this burr grinder is going to help me make the most out of every bean!
on January 18, 2016
Nice grinder, but when set to finest grind it sometimes seems to have the grinder "slip" and makes much noise without grinding any beans. I have to press down on the bean hopper to get it to work. For a $150 grinder, I expect no problems at all. But when it works, it is great.
on January 16, 2016
The best and value for money.
on January 16, 2016
Purchased as a gift for Christmas for my very exacting, science nerd son:) He loves it!
on January 2, 2016
The grinder works well. I purchased this one as some reviews made me believe that it has less of an issue with static. Unfortunately, this is not the case. The coffee gets very static and goes all over the place. Cleanup afterwards is extensive.
on December 27, 2015
I have been making pour over coffee every day for the past year using a Hario Skerton hand grinder and the V60. While most of my cups were passable they often had a somewhat bitter aftertaste that I thought should not be there. I tried adjusting my grind, dose, etc. but nothing consistently worked. The first cup I made using this grinder was a revelation! It was rich and smooth enough that I preferred to drink it black! I could tell the grind from this machine was more consistent by its appearance and by the time it took for water to pass through it during brewing. I can now get close to the recommended drain times. The grinder is fairly quiet and quick, producing minimal static due to the glass container. The 20 second grind limit is not a problem for me as I only grind around 30 grams at the filter setting (takes around 10 - 15 seconds). I could see this as an issue if you were grinding enough coffee to make a full pot of coffee. One slight annoyance is that some grounds do get stuck in the machine, to remove them I had to take the receptacle out and shake the grinder gently. That aside I highly recommend this grinder, made my coffee go from just OK to great!!

Update:
Still like the grinder, works good. One annoyance though is when grinding about a tablespoon of grounds remains stuck near the start of the grounds chute. To get this out i have to unplug the unit and tap it until most of it falls out over the sink. I do this regularly because this coffee goes stale rather quickly and will ruin the taste of your subsequent cups. It only takes me about 2 minutes to clean it completely so I do this every day.
on December 23, 2015