5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent performance to price ratio.
I bought this grinder after researching for quite sometime. I had narrowed it down to the capresso infinity 56x series and the bistro. The bistro was chosen because of the promise of static free grinding due to its glass jar.

The unit does indeed grind with minimal static. The bistro is not static free (it is almost static free). It does not produce the...
Published on Dec 24 2010 by Allan

3.0 out of 5 stars Bodum Bistro Grinder
After having done some research I decided to buy this Bodum grinder. It is a stylish good looking grinder and works pretty fast too. I use the grinder mostly for on the coffee press setting. It seems that it is still to fine for at its coarsest setting. When comparing this to coffee bought from professional coffee grinders there is a big difference. I'm a bit disappointed...
Published on Jan. 31 2012 by KW

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, June 6 2012
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
I originally purchased one of these for my wife and I, then one for her parents for Christmas and when my folks saw it and tasted my coffee (made with an AeroPress, which I also HIGHLY recommend) they not so subtly hinted that both my Dad's birthday and Mother's Day were coming up! All reports from both parents are that they love the grinder and the taste of their coffee.

Sure there are better conical burr grinders out there for around $200 and up but for under $100 (and I've seen them on sale for closer to $60 at rare times, which is phenomenal), I haven't seen anything that beats them.

It has a nice even and adjustable grind, is relatively quiet (for a grinder) and the glass grind container is nice and static free. If you have a finicky espresso machine that requires an ultra-fine grind or something, you may have to look elsewhere/spend more money. For anyone using drip, french press or the HIGHLY recommended AeroPress (seriously, I LOVE that thing) or less finicky espresso machines, this machine does a fine job at a ridiculous value.

I gave it four stars largely because it's "merely" as good as I expected it to be and I don't give five stars to anything unless it goes above and beyond/is simply amazing and sadly, it does not give shoulder rubs. There's also the small issue of it not working with all espresso machines which might be an issue for some.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Like it, April 19 2012
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
I purchased this particular grinder because of the solid reviews here on Amazon. So far it has not dissapponted me. I have cleaned it once and it was a no brainer too. Perfect for my morning coffee!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality but not fine enough for espresso, April 8 2012
Iron_chef (Vancouver, BC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
I shopped around quite a bit before settling for this grinder. The reviews sold it to me when I read several people saying it did grind for espresso well. I was rather disappointed with the result. It wasn't fine enough and there are some coarser pieces in there as well. So I was not satisfied with the product and returned it.

It looks well made and it's easy to use but if you are buying to grind for espresso and you are a serious coffee drinker you'll want to look at a higher end grinder that can do this properly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost., Feb. 4 2012
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
Great little grinder good enough to make an almost prfect espresso ground.
The best you can buy for less than $100.00 and comparable to machines
that cost more than twice as much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, April 4 2012
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
We had a cheap burr grinder from a grocery store for $20 and that did the job for a few years. But after it broke, we decided it was time to get something better quality. What a difference!! This grinds coffee quickly - although I find the 20 second setting isn't enough; I have to run it at least another 10 seconds. When they say fine grind, they mean it -- it looks like dust! And even the coarse grind is still pretty fine, which works for our purposes. And the best part: not a speck of grinds on the counter after it's run. Our french press and espresso coffees never tasted so good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, March 3 2014
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
I purchased this grinder to replace an aging Krups that would no longer grind finely enough. With the Bodum set one notch up from finest grind, the results are perfect for my Saeco Aroma espresso machine. I also like the compactness of the grinder-it doesn't take up too much space under my cupboards.

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not live up to my expectations, Feb. 16 2014
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
I bought this Bodum Bistro Burr Coffee Grinder about 3 years ago and just wanted to give it the thumbs down as I read it's last rites.
It is a lovely design and the glass carafe does not stick to the coffee. Those were the only 2 pluses.
I only make 1/2 pot of coffee a day on average. Right from the beginning, I had to grind twice to get enough grounds to make a half a pot of coffee. I remember the instructions saying to grind once then leave it for 5 minutes, but when one grind does not even give you enough for half a pot, you grind twice, right? That was for a medium grind, like a drip machine. As time wore on, I had to grind it 5 or 6 times to get enough coffee grounds for my 1/2 pot of coffee, so maybe the motor was dying? Anyway, since it was not performing, and I tried to clean it etc., I have just replaced it for a burr grinder for half the price and I did one grind for my half pot and bingo--lots of coffee grounds--more than enough. So, maybe I got a lemon, but if I were you, I would not buy this grinder!

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, Jan. 14 2014
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
I use it every day; makes the grind exactly as needed; easy to clean; would recommend to all who appreciate a great cup of coffee

5.0 out of 5 stars Great home grinder, Nov. 28 2013
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
I have had this product for several months and it has met and exceeded my expectations. My only problem and it is a slight one is that after I had to replace the glass beaker, the Bodum replacement one is actually highly static and I end up with coffee grounds on my counter top. The original beaker that came with the grinder was far superior.

Still this is a great home burr grinder and I would recommend it to anybody looking to improve their home drip and french press coffee.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bodum, Sept. 30 2013
C. Smith (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
Such a great coffee grinder and looks great on the counter. We have coffee every single day and this is just perfect!

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›