5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent performance to price ratio.
I bought this grinder after researching for quite sometime. I had narrowed it down to the capresso infinity 56x series and the bistro. The bistro was chosen because of the promise of static free grinding due to its glass jar.

The unit does indeed grind with minimal static. The bistro is not static free (it is almost static free). It does not produce the...
Published on Dec 24 2010 by Allan

3.0 out of 5 stars Bodum Bistro Grinder
After having done some research I decided to buy this Bodum grinder. It is a stylish good looking grinder and works pretty fast too. I use the grinder mostly for on the coffee press setting. It seems that it is still to fine for at its coarsest setting. When comparing this to coffee bought from professional coffee grinders there is a big difference. I'm a bit disappointed...
Published on Jan. 31 2012 by KW

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Like it, April 19 2012
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
I purchased this particular grinder because of the solid reviews here on Amazon. So far it has not dissapponted me. I have cleaned it once and it was a no brainer too. Perfect for my morning coffee!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality but not fine enough for espresso, April 8 2012
Iron_chef (Vancouver, BC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
I shopped around quite a bit before settling for this grinder. The reviews sold it to me when I read several people saying it did grind for espresso well. I was rather disappointed with the result. It wasn't fine enough and there are some coarser pieces in there as well. So I was not satisfied with the product and returned it.

It looks well made and it's easy to use but if you are buying to grind for espresso and you are a serious coffee drinker you'll want to look at a higher end grinder that can do this properly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost., Feb. 4 2012
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
Great little grinder good enough to make an almost prfect espresso ground.
The best you can buy for less than $100.00 and comparable to machines
that cost more than twice as much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, April 4 2012
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
We had a cheap burr grinder from a grocery store for $20 and that did the job for a few years. But after it broke, we decided it was time to get something better quality. What a difference!! This grinds coffee quickly - although I find the 20 second setting isn't enough; I have to run it at least another 10 seconds. When they say fine grind, they mean it -- it looks like dust! And even the coarse grind is still pretty fine, which works for our purposes. And the best part: not a speck of grinds on the counter after it's run. Our french press and espresso coffees never tasted so good!

4.0 out of 5 stars LOVE LOVE, May 7 2014
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
The only fault I can find is the lid for the whole beans is a little difficult to get back on. Otherwise I love it and it looks great on the counter!

4.0 out of 5 stars If you have more than an 8 cup coffee maker, you will have to grind enough coffee beans in 2 batches, interupted by 5 minutes, May 2 2014
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
I gave this product a rating of just 4 stars, because the literature did not describe how much the machine can grind at one time which turns out to be (20 seconds on the timer) the amount of ground coffee needed to brew 8 cups of fresh coffee. I would not have bought it had I known that it only grinds enough for an 8 cup coffee maker at one time, before it has to be turned off to let the machine's motor cool down and then grind the remaining beans in order to have 10 cups of fresh coffee. I also got this grinder for $78 at Sears on sale and not the $130 as advertised on your site. I will admit that the machine is that good that I bought an 8 cup coffee maker to accomodate the maximum capacity of the grinder of 8 cups, to avoid the waiting of 5 minutes and the subsequent grinding of the beans to produce grinds for the other 2 cups for my coffee maker. Worth every penny if all you want to grind is enough coffee beans to give you 8 cups of fresh coffee!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, March 3 2014
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
I purchased this grinder to replace an aging Krups that would no longer grind finely enough. With the Bodum set one notch up from finest grind, the results are perfect for my Saeco Aroma espresso machine. I also like the compactness of the grinder-it doesn't take up too much space under my cupboards.

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not live up to my expectations, Feb. 16 2014
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
I bought this Bodum Bistro Burr Coffee Grinder about 3 years ago and just wanted to give it the thumbs down as I read it's last rites.
It is a lovely design and the glass carafe does not stick to the coffee. Those were the only 2 pluses.
I only make 1/2 pot of coffee a day on average. Right from the beginning, I had to grind twice to get enough grounds to make a half a pot of coffee. I remember the instructions saying to grind once then leave it for 5 minutes, but when one grind does not even give you enough for half a pot, you grind twice, right? That was for a medium grind, like a drip machine. As time wore on, I had to grind it 5 or 6 times to get enough coffee grounds for my 1/2 pot of coffee, so maybe the motor was dying? Anyway, since it was not performing, and I tried to clean it etc., I have just replaced it for a burr grinder for half the price and I did one grind for my half pot and bingo--lots of coffee grounds--more than enough. So, maybe I got a lemon, but if I were you, I would not buy this grinder!

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, Jan. 14 2014
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
I use it every day; makes the grind exactly as needed; easy to clean; would recommend to all who appreciate a great cup of coffee

5.0 out of 5 stars Great home grinder, Nov. 28 2013
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
I have had this product for several months and it has met and exceeded my expectations. My only problem and it is a slight one is that after I had to replace the glass beaker, the Bodum replacement one is actually highly static and I end up with coffee grounds on my counter top. The original beaker that came with the grinder was far superior.

Still this is a great home burr grinder and I would recommend it to anybody looking to improve their home drip and french press coffee.

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›