5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent performance to price ratio.
I bought this grinder after researching for quite sometime. I had narrowed it down to the capresso infinity 56x series and the bistro. The bistro was chosen because of the promise of static free grinding due to its glass jar.

The unit does indeed grind with minimal static. The bistro is not static free (it is almost static free). It does not produce the...
Published on Dec 24 2010 by Allan

3.0 out of 5 stars It started out great
This grinder started out great. It was quiet, it ground very fine. Even a pebble in some coffee brought back from Jamaica didn't hinder it. Then suddenly it started acting up. I couldn't get it to grind fine even at the finest setting. A couple of times, I was able to "restore" the fine grind, by taking the hopper out and simply putting it back on. But now that...
Published 4 months ago by Brenda Pink

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Bodum Bistro Grinder, Jan. 31 2012
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
After having done some research I decided to buy this Bodum grinder. It is a stylish good looking grinder and works pretty fast too. I use the grinder mostly for on the coffee press setting. It seems that it is still to fine for at its coarsest setting. When comparing this to coffee bought from professional coffee grinders there is a big difference. I'm a bit disappointed that even in its coarsest setting it is still to fine for the coffee press, seeing that's what I use it most for. I did contemplate sending it back but after having used it a bit, I'm not sure if it still is returnable. Other than that, it works very well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Reliable Coffee Grinder, Jan. 1 2013
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
Grinds coffee well. They advertised that there would be no static electricity to cause a mess. Not specifically true. Do a little grinding and maybe. Do a lot and it develops a charge and makes a mess. Still, a good reliable grinder.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, June 6 2012
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
I originally purchased one of these for my wife and I, then one for her parents for Christmas and when my folks saw it and tasted my coffee (made with an AeroPress, which I also HIGHLY recommend) they not so subtly hinted that both my Dad's birthday and Mother's Day were coming up! All reports from both parents are that they love the grinder and the taste of their coffee.

Sure there are better conical burr grinders out there for around $200 and up but for under $100 (and I've seen them on sale for closer to $60 at rare times, which is phenomenal), I haven't seen anything that beats them.

It has a nice even and adjustable grind, is relatively quiet (for a grinder) and the glass grind container is nice and static free. If you have a finicky espresso machine that requires an ultra-fine grind or something, you may have to look elsewhere/spend more money. For anyone using drip, french press or the HIGHLY recommended AeroPress (seriously, I LOVE that thing) or less finicky espresso machines, this machine does a fine job at a ridiculous value.

I gave it four stars largely because it's "merely" as good as I expected it to be and I don't give five stars to anything unless it goes above and beyond/is simply amazing and sadly, it does not give shoulder rubs. There's also the small issue of it not working with all espresso machines which might be an issue for some.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Like it, April 19 2012
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
I purchased this particular grinder because of the solid reviews here on Amazon. So far it has not dissapponted me. I have cleaned it once and it was a no brainer too. Perfect for my morning coffee!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality but not fine enough for espresso, April 8 2012
Iron_chef (Vancouver, BC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
I shopped around quite a bit before settling for this grinder. The reviews sold it to me when I read several people saying it did grind for espresso well. I was rather disappointed with the result. It wasn't fine enough and there are some coarser pieces in there as well. So I was not satisfied with the product and returned it.

It looks well made and it's easy to use but if you are buying to grind for espresso and you are a serious coffee drinker you'll want to look at a higher end grinder that can do this properly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost., Feb. 4 2012
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
Great little grinder good enough to make an almost prfect espresso ground.
The best you can buy for less than $100.00 and comparable to machines
that cost more than twice as much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, April 4 2012
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
We had a cheap burr grinder from a grocery store for $20 and that did the job for a few years. But after it broke, we decided it was time to get something better quality. What a difference!! This grinds coffee quickly - although I find the 20 second setting isn't enough; I have to run it at least another 10 seconds. When they say fine grind, they mean it -- it looks like dust! And even the coarse grind is still pretty fine, which works for our purposes. And the best part: not a speck of grinds on the counter after it's run. Our french press and espresso coffees never tasted so good!

4.0 out of 5 stars LOVE LOVE, May 7 2014
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
The only fault I can find is the lid for the whole beans is a little difficult to get back on. Otherwise I love it and it looks great on the counter!

4.0 out of 5 stars If you have more than an 8 cup coffee maker, you will have to grind enough coffee beans in 2 batches, interupted by 5 minutes, May 2 2014
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
I gave this product a rating of just 4 stars, because the literature did not describe how much the machine can grind at one time which turns out to be (20 seconds on the timer) the amount of ground coffee needed to brew 8 cups of fresh coffee. I would not have bought it had I known that it only grinds enough for an 8 cup coffee maker at one time, before it has to be turned off to let the machine's motor cool down and then grind the remaining beans in order to have 10 cups of fresh coffee. I also got this grinder for $78 at Sears on sale and not the $130 as advertised on your site. I will admit that the machine is that good that I bought an 8 cup coffee maker to accomodate the maximum capacity of the grinder of 8 cups, to avoid the waiting of 5 minutes and the subsequent grinding of the beans to produce grinds for the other 2 cups for my coffee maker. Worth every penny if all you want to grind is enough coffee beans to give you 8 cups of fresh coffee!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, March 3 2014
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
I purchased this grinder to replace an aging Krups that would no longer grind finely enough. With the Bodum set one notch up from finest grind, the results are perfect for my Saeco Aroma espresso machine. I also like the compactness of the grinder-it doesn't take up too much space under my cupboards.

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›