4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect
I've had this grinder for about a month, using 2-3 times a day, and so far so good. In the past, I've had a Krups (twice) and a Cuisinart, and all stopped grinding within a year. Fingers crossed the Bodum will last, but at least this one seems to make it easier to get at the grinding mechanism to clean it - which I suspect was the problem with the others.

The...
Published on June 2 2012 by Montreal shopper

3.0 out of 5 stars Good little grinder, but messy!
First the pros-
Relatively low price, great styling, fast and quiet. Good range of grinding settings (I have not used this for espresso).

Now the cons-
Grind setting adjustments can only be made when unit is running. No matter how much I tap the unit after grinding, stray coffee grinds end up falling out onto the base where the cup sits and onto my...
Published on Sept. 26 2011 by Throttleclutch

‹ Previous | 1 2 325 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, lives up to reviews, July 19 2011
Grinds consistently, easy to use, coffee does cling to glass container but a little tap releases them. Easy to clean, need a brush (not supplied) Make sure the machine is running before moving bean container to fine grind. Reviews, that I watched before purchasing say that it will not grind fine enough for most, if not all espresso machines. That factor did not concern me.
Looks very nice on your counter. When cleaning if you tap the machine a little, any grounds left in the grinder parts will fall into the bottom.
I use it for my Solofil which is a refillable K cup, which produces a single coffee on demand in my Cuisinart SS700 which I also recommend. Grinds consistently for this purpose. For me, I find that the two markings passed the set setting for all coffee beans but dark oily beans I grind on the set setting.
The Red model makes the grinds easy to see when you are cleaning the machine, other light colours would too.
As it is designed using a conical burr system, I believe it should be in this class. Those systems are considered the best. In a review demonstration done on You Tube by an owner of a coffee store, this grinder was more consistent in the grind than other models in the same price range or higher.
To wrap up, I am very please with this grinder, highly recommend and I think that I should have many years of use with this grinder.

RECOMMENDATION:

Purchase and enjoy that cup of Joe!

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor warranty services, Jan. 16 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I had one for 2 years, I am very happy with it; I decided to give one to my son has a gift a year ago; it fails 11 months later, I contact Bodum N.-A.; they confirm a 2 years warranty and asked me all necessary info for repair or replacement. after I send the requested, I never heard from them. If you contact them by mail, you have an automated answer: ''we will come back to you within 3 working days''. As of yet, no answer, 5 weeks after first contact.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and stylish grinder, Jan. 21 2011
F. Lepere (Windsor, NS, Canada) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
Like most Bodum products this grinder is stylish enough to be left on your counter. Performance wise it is likely no noisier than a conical burr coffee grinder needs to be and it produces grind of a consistent size...something a much less expensive blade grinder is unable to do. The coffee grinds only get slightly statically charged in the reservoir...not an issue. The coffee that results from using freshly roasted, good quality whole beans with this grinder and a french press is excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bodum Bistro coddee grinder, Jan. 3 2011
Margo Schock (Campbell River,, British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
the best coffee grinder I've ever used! Two major features - it's quiet, and the glass container (instead of plastic) is so easy to keep clean - no 'magnetic' coffee grounds stuck to the sides of the container - Bodum products are so well designed - I've used the Bodum french press coffee pots for 20 years, also a Bodum electric kettle, which brings water to the boil faster than any other kettle I've owned in the past. I recommend their products highly!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous coffee grinder, Jan. 8 2011
Great little machine - not too noisy but more importantly no messy grinds all over the place. Its also nice to have the variability of grind as well as how much to grind (by the number of seconds it takes to grind - max 20 seconds). Took us a bit to figure out how many seconds we needed but once we played around a bit, the grinder has been consistently grinding perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, Feb. 10 2012
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Having coffee in the hopper is great in the morning, and all you have to do is switch the grinder on and press the start button. The 20 second grind time suites my wife and I four "mugs" of coffee.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, June 24 2011
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
First some things about me so you have context for the review:

1. Started out with a blade grinder for years as I didn't know better
2. Graduated a few years ago to a very entry level burr grinder (Black and Decker about $40)
3. Buy Starbucks beans (Cafe Verona)
4. Drip brew and occasionally french press
5. Never drink espresso

For me, the next step up was, after reading a lot of reviews here and elsewhere, a choice between the Bodem Bistro and the Capresso 560 or 565. Ultimately, if I was willing to spend $140 rather than the $89 for the Bistro I would likely have chosen the 565. The other issue with the 560 and 565 is that they aren't available to order in Canada on Amazon and I would have had to arrange for transport (hello relatives!).

What tipped me in favour of the Bistro, all things being relatively equal (in my admittedly limited experience) between the Bistro and the 560, was the glass container for the grind. This was a must after years of dealing with the mess that static cling and plastic have given me. What scared me off a little bit was the 20 second timer and then having to wait 5 minutes before grinding again. I have the grind selected at a couple of notches courser than the default for drip brew and there is JUST enough grinds to produce 6 cups in our coffee maker. Mind you, we enjoy large cups and so this actually translates into only two of our large cups. That's fine for us but may not be enough for others. This "feature" was what had me tempted to spend the extra $50 for the 565.

The noise is quite acceptable, certainly much less than the old B&D burr grinder. Grinds are quite consistent and there is very very little static cling (although, to be fair, it is quite humid in Toronto in late June so I will reserve judgement for the dry winter months).

Amazon is amazing for their shipping time. I ordered this late Wednesday and had it delivered 36 hours later... for free. That's just hard to beat folks.

All in all, I'm very satisfied with the purchase. If you're debating between these models, as I was, grab the Bistro unless you need to grind a lot of beans at once. You won't be disappointed.

P.S. The colour selection also helped out when pitching this to my wife ;)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great performance for the price, May 26 2011
I've owned this for two+ months now and used almost daily. I'm using mostly for french press and espresso. Grind is very consistent at each setting. I can grind espresso for me, and immediately go to french press for my wife and grind is bang on. The beaker does significantly cut down on static, but do not expect to have zero grinds clinging to it or the machine. The rubberized finished does make cleaning easily. The bean hopper is big enough for a full pound of beans and lid stays on well. I do think over time that the lid seal will loosen, but its not a product complaint - things just wear over time. Grind head is easily removed for cleaning and appears well made. Noise level is perfectly acceptable - never wakes up my kids when grinding at 6am. I'd like a longer max grind time for when I need to grind a lot for a large group. Overall, this is a fantastic value for the cost. Yes, more expensive grinders have a little bit of this or that, but the Bistro works great for a 5-person family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy. Fabulous grinder., Feb. 19 2011
I thoroughly researched burr coffee grinders in the $75 - $250 cost range before deciding on this Bodum. The low end grinders were reportedly noisy, messy, difficult to clean and likely to burn out in under a year. Even the higher end imports with solid reputations had numerous bad reviews. For the cost, this grinder is fantastic. It definitely is very quiet for a burr grinder, not painfully loud like some, and the glass carafe minimizes the powdery mess caused by static electricity. As for burn out, the manual does instruct one to give a 5-minute break between grinds to avoid overheating the motor. Aesthetically, it's cute as a button. No complaints.

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT appliance, but with one suggestion..., May 3 2013
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I received the green BODUM BISTRO 10903 electric coffee grinder on Friday, April 26, 2013. I am extremely happy with the product, EXCEPT the bottom of the ground coffee container broke after TWO days use. I was using a spoon to scoop coffee from the container when the spoon hit (more touched than hit) the bottom producing a small 1/4" hole. I emailed BODUM and their reply was:
"Thank you for contacting Bodum. Unfortunately, this item is not under warranty. We do sell spare containers on our website. For your convenience, here is the link providing the spare container needed for your grinder [...] "
I've taped the small hole for now, but may decide to order in the near future. My suggestion is to ONLY use a plastic spoon in this container, as the bottom is VERY fragile.

‹ Previous | 1 2 325 | Next ›