5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent performance to price ratio.
I bought this grinder after researching for quite sometime. I had narrowed it down to the capresso infinity 56x series and the bistro. The bistro was chosen because of the promise of static free grinding due to its glass jar.

The unit does indeed grind with minimal static. The bistro is not static free (it is almost static free). It does not produce the...
Published on Dec 24 2010 by Allan

3.0 out of 5 stars Good little grinder, but messy!
First the pros-
Relatively low price, great styling, fast and quiet. Good range of grinding settings (I have not used this for espresso).

Now the cons-
Grind setting adjustments can only be made when unit is running. No matter how much I tap the unit after grinding, stray coffee grinds end up falling out onto the base where the cup sits and onto my...
Published on Sept. 26 2011 by Throttleclutch

‹ Previous | 14 5 626 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Mmmmmm, Nov. 14 2012
Danielle Ricard (La Malbaie, Qubec Canada) - See all my reviews
Enfin, un moulin à café qui permet la mouture très fine pour un espresso parfait. J'adore! Fonctionnement ultra simple, facile à manipuler, quoi demander de plus?

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent coffee mill, Sept. 24 2011
Bought this coffee mill / burr grinder to replace a broken cheaper mill. This is the 3rd one of this type I've had, and by far the best.

It is very quiet for a coffee mill, and the glass grounds collector is great. Plastic ones cause a lot of coffee to go everywhere, this one is very clean by comparison.

This mill is very competitively priced for a top quality product, and worth the price premium over off brand cheaper rivals.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best burr grinder we have owned in years, July 30 2014
Susan (Kingston, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This is the best burr grinder we have owned in years. It will grind small as well as large amounts of coffee, which is important if you like every cup freshly ground. The anti-static feature actually works: there is far less mess and coffee dust around the grinder than we usually find. It is easy to use.

3.0 out of 5 stars started out great, Aug. 7 2014
Brenda Pink "snorkelgeek" (Lethbridge, AB, CAN) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This grinder started out great. It was quiet, it ground very fine. Even a pebble in some coffee brought back from Jamaica didn't hinder it. Then suddenly it started acting up. I couldn't get it to grind fine even at the finest setting. A couple of times, I was able to "restore" the fine grind, by taking the hopper out and simply putting it back on. But now that trick has stopped working. So I can no longer get fine grind. It's also a very messy grinder with static all over the place and fines that fly out all over the floor and counter. I realize some of this is dependent on the coffee itself, but as a general rule, all coffees seem to become static-y in this grinder. I love the look. I love the quiet grind. But I've just purchased a new grinder to replace this one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bodum Bistro Grinder, Jan. 31 2012
This review is from: Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black (Kitchen)
After having done some research I decided to buy this Bodum grinder. It is a stylish good looking grinder and works pretty fast too. I use the grinder mostly for on the coffee press setting. It seems that it is still to fine for at its coarsest setting. When comparing this to coffee bought from professional coffee grinders there is a big difference. I'm a bit disappointed that even in its coarsest setting it is still to fine for the coffee press, seeing that's what I use it most for. I did contemplate sending it back but after having used it a bit, I'm not sure if it still is returnable. Other than that, it works very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Coffee Grinder, April 22 2014
Amazon Customer (Moncton, New-Brunswick) - See all my reviews
I’ve had 2 burr type coffee grinders before this particular model: the Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill (which wore out after about a year and a half) and a Black & Decker CBM210C Stainless Steel Burr Mill (which was an absolute piece of crap I wouldn’t recommend to anyone). In between those grinders, I’ve used a blade grinder which generally worked fine for my wife and I – we like our coffee, but we’re not elitist to the point where we wouldn’t use a blade grinder every once in a while. However, after the blade grinder gave up the ghost, we were in the market for another grinder. This particular grinder was on sale and I decided to take the plunge. I’ve used it consistently for the last week, and I have to say that this is the best coffee grinder I’ve ever had.

The control over the grind quality is fantastic, and when it states that it can grind from a French press to espresso, it’s absolutely true. The timer on the grinder makes it super easy to grind exactly the amount of coffee you need and, after a few days, I was able to find the exact amount of time that suits our tastes. Since the receptacle for the coffee grounds is made out of glass, it minimizes the amount of static electricity trapped in the container (there’s still a little bit, but compared to the plastic container in the Cuisinart grinder, it’s next to nothing).

So for the only thing I can’t comment about is the durability of the machine, but so far I’m incredibly impressed. Wonderful product which is definitely worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Customer service needs work, Jan. 4 2014
Robotron - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This grinder started off great but slowly day after day it started to grind less. To make things worse you have to wait at least 5 minutes between every grind because the manual states that the motor will overheat and break.
So you grind, turn it off, set a timer and wait. One morning the smell of electrical burning arose from the grinder so I turned it off immediately and contacted Bodum. That was almost two months ago and I still have the broken grinder.
They keep saying they will get back to me. My last communication was early December. I was told:

"I have received your information. We process claims within 7-10 business day.
At the moment we have delays due to our holidays."

I guess they have long holidays at Bodum since it is not January and I have not heard from them.

I will not buy Bodum again since to me customer service is important. I have rated this item to reflect that.
If you buy this product and it works then count yourself lucky you don't have to deal with Bodum.
It did grind well for the first little while but the limited grind time and the motor cool down time do not impress me.

A few days after posting my review a replacement grinder arrived via courier. I will test the replacement soon and post the results, but still zero communication from the company.

update:The new grinder is still working good so I will up my review to 4 stars (still minus 1 star for the 5 minute delay and poor communications from the company, but they did eventually replace the product).
I hope that anyone who orders this grinder does not have problems with it.

2.0 out of 5 stars broke within 6 months, Dec 19 2013
It worked great for about 6 months, when the red button on top that starts the grinding broke. Very inconvenient, now we use a tooth pick to start it, and you don't always hit the right spot, can take minutes to get it. It is a cheap product.

2.0 out of 5 stars busted, Dec 19 2013
I gave this as gift to a friend. He reported to me that the grinder failed right at the warranty expiration date. Too bad. It apparently worked well … when it worked.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bodum Bistro electric cone grinder review - good buy, Feb. 17 2013
All worked as advertized. First one sent had a faulty grind button - Amazon replaced without any hassle. Grind is perfect - far better than my previous GE product that was more expensive and I could not repair - had to throw it away(recycle) but what a waste.

‹ Previous | 14 5 626 | Next ›