5.0 out of 5 stars I don't usually write reviews, but...
We were looking to start juicing but we had zero experience with any kind of juicer.
We spent a few hours researching the differences between centrifugal and masticating juicers and all of the different options available and finally decided on the Omega VRT350.
Published 21 months ago by Tom McCooeye

1.0 out of 5 stars Has a design flaw
I bought the Omega VRT350 because it was a low speed masticating juicer to minimize oxidation on the juice.

Published 9 months ago by Kevin Malakoff

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't usually write reviews, but..., March 12 2013
This review is from: Omega VRT350 Heavy Duty Dual-Stage Vertical Single Auger Low Speed Juicer, Silver (Kitchen)
Keep in mind that we have never worked another juicer but the Omega is AWESOME. We went out and bought $100 of fruits and vegetables the day we got it and chewed through it in three days without a single hangup. Apple, oranges, celergy, spinach, beets, carrots, kale, ginger, tomatos, pineapple and cucumbers all met their demise at the hands of the Omega. Bananas don't juice very well...rookie mistake.
The juicer is quiet, efficient and easy to use. The hole in the top is about half the size of your hand and if the piece will fit you don't have to think about it again, just drop it in and wait. The spinning auger chops the vegetable into managable "bites" for the machine and makes a very satisfying crunching noise when it eats carrots.
The juice comes out the same temperature as the vegetables that you put in.
The juicer cleans up in about 3 minutes with a little brush that comes with the machine.
All in all, super happy with the machine and would HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.

5.0 out of 5 stars After 2 yrs, still working great, Oct. 23 2012
M. Nagy - See all my reviews
Not a single problem with it after 2 yrs. Juices everything I throw at it. Easy to clean. Very low noise and powerful motor. Probably the best juicer out there right now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Using it every day and I love it, Aug. 6 2013
I have been using this juicer every day since I got it (2 months) and it has performed flawlessly. The only thing you have to remember is to always follow up your leafy greens or celery with something hard (Apple, Carrot, etc...) this way you get the most out of the greens.

5.0 out of 5 stars love this juicer, March 23 2014
I bought this juicer about a month ago when i decided i wanted to try a juice fast. I probably would have gone for a less expensive brand except i love the 10 year warranty. i could easily spend 3 times as much if i had to replace a juicer every couple of years so that was what i was thinking when i bought it.
Once i started using it I knew i had made the right choice. It practically feeds itself, drawing everything down and almost never having to use the plunger. It's quick. It's easy to clean - and i like that i can just run water through it a few times during the day, when i use it and just do one thorough clean at the end of the day... its quicker than doing dishes.
My only only complaint is that you get a lot of pulp. I'm the kind of person who doesn't even like pulp in the bought orange juice, so that doesn't work so well for me. But the solution to that is once i've made the juice i run it through my blender - and voila!! super smooth juice with no pulp and soooo flavourful. I know it's one more step but for me it's well worth it.
This juicer even feels like quality. I love it and I love seeing it sit on my counter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great juicer, Jan. 29 2013
I am new to juicing with a masticating juicer. I used a centrifugal before and it was getting real old.
So I decided to replace .After watching john on discountjuicers.com, compare a centrifugal with the Omega vrt350- I was sold.
What convinced me was how fast a centrifugal juice oxidized. He had juiced carrots and the Omega vrt350 stayed nice and orange, whereas the the centrifugal was already oxidizing after it was juiced.

I have had the juicer for about 1 month now, and I love it. It is not too noisy, easy to clean and makes great juice.
As for the pulp issue. I don't find it is too pulpy. If someone wants a completely clear juice they are going to have to strain or get a press.

I had a little issue with the bowl being very snug to attach and detach. I called up Omega and was told to put a bit of olive oil on the latches. It really helped.

I got a really good deal on Amazon. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who wants a good quality juicer, that makes a really great juice full of life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great all-around juicer !!!!, Oct. 21 2013
Great juicer for juicing just about everything !
Previously owned a centrifugal and this vertical single auger is WAY better!

- The pulp is dry so you don't feel like you are wasting food.
- Juicer can get clogged when juicing too many stringy veggies at once - it is easily fixed by chopping into smaller pieces and putting a few pieces in between other foods to be juiced to help push it through.
- Much easier to clean than other juicers used in the past.
- Reverse button helps whenever something gets stuck - 2 seconds on reverse and problem is solved.
- Easy to juice different types of juices in one go - just dump water through it to give it a rinse and your on to the next juice!

If you are considering buying a juicer, the Omega VRT350 is the way to go!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it & forget negative reviews they don't know how to use it., Jan. 4 2013
bilal hamdan - See all my reviews
I bought the Brevile Ikon good machine but was wasting so much food i felt bad even using it. Throwing away food while people go hungry in the world was not an option.

A few reviews later thought to give the VRT a try.

first the motor is heavy like 2ice more than the Ikon (thats a good thing)
also construction is heavy duties. Thick strong plastic very durable looking.
once you have it in your hands you will appreciate the solid feel.
Takes half the space of the IKon with them still side by side in my kitchen
no clogging!!! at first yes but then watched a best practice video and i can tell you with 10000% certainty it's just a learning curve. cut the stringy vegetables that's all.
Get rewarded with full bodied juice that tastes great and feels much healthier
I love Breville products but the Omega VRT beats the Elite and the Ikon in quality of juice/product/and efficiency!

conclusion: great product great juice no clogging issues once you use it right and Extremely dry dry pulp.
parts are so small that cleanup becomes less of a hassle the the huge parts of the Ikon that take up the lower rack of the dishwasher.

This is an honest review, I'm an IT developer i sit all day gaining pound after pound Juicing in general has almost revered the cycle without even cutting down calories intake just by replacing the evening meal with juice...

Bilal

1.0 out of 5 stars Has a design flaw, March 21 2014

In the first few days of using it, I hard difficulty removing the top part from the base. Eventually it twisted off, but it has been a continual struggle to disassemble it. Within a few weeks, the juicer started wobbling when it rotated and eventually the three plastic clips broke off. I sent it for repairs under warranty and within a week of juicing after it was returned to me, the clips broke again.

The problem is that in making an upright juicer, Omega uses three plastic clips (fastened to the base with metal posts) to hold the top part to the base. These clips both need to hold the juicer in place during juicing so it doesn't move or wobble, but also they need to be loose enough to remove the top part for cleaning after each juicing.

Because Omega chose to use plastic clips for the fastening mechanic and the clips are being put under stress with every use, Omega has created a critical point of failure.

I've given up on this juicer and bought something that doesn't seem like a plastic toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Masticating Juicer and Easy Cleanup, July 20 2013
I bought this juicer in July 2011 and it is still working great. It takes a bit to get used to how it goes together but after 3-4 times it is really easy. It juices with very little foam. It takes maybe 3 minutes to clean and most of that is just rinsing. Since this is a slow rpm juicer it does take more time than centrifugal juicers and you have to chop your veggies so they fit in the feed shute. Celery needs to be chopped about 1/2 inch or the strings will clog the exit spout. Kale needs to be alternated with carrot as the carrots helps push the pulp through. Kale is best chopped too. In fact it is best to alternate everything with carrot to keep the pulp moving. There is a lot of pulp left in the auger when you are done but if you rinse the auger with 1/3 cup of juice or water at the end and keep rinsing the same juice through about 5 times it will clean the auger right out and most of the pulp will be in the catch basket. Remember since this is a masticating juicer (squeezes the juices) and not a centrifugal juicer it takes more prep time but the upside is that there is very little foam and much less oxidation if any at all with this type of juicer. You have to decide if you want more nutrients (masticating) or less prep time and speed of juicing (centrifugal).

I have the Omega Mega Mouth 330Omega BMJ330 Commercial 350-Watt Stainless-Steel Pulp-Ejection Juicer (Silver) juicer as well and it is way faster with virtually no prep time except washing your veggies. It produces slightly more juice as the pulp is much drier with the centrifugal juicer but it does foam more and oxides the juice more. I can't tell the difference in taste though.

So there is a bit of a learning curve to this machine with its quirks but if you are patient and use some common sense it will serve its purpose like a good work horse should.

The omega warranty is great,10 years, and they are super easy to deal with. People give a lot of negative reviews about not being able to get through to the company and no response but I have never had that problem. There is a little plastic tab on the bottom of my strainer that snapped off, twice, but one email to the company and a new strainer was in my hand in 5-7 days. It didn't affect the use of the stainer at all so I continued to use the old one till the new one arrived. I needed replacement o-rings and contacted them Thursday of one week and they were in my hand by Wednesday of the following week, and to Canada to boot. Man I can't even get a letter here that fast!

Cheers to your health and to juicing!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great juicer!, May 16 2014
Love this juicer. We had a jack lalane centrifugal as our intro to juicing. When that broke we searched for months for a good fit for a masticating juicer as we wanted a better quality juice. This juicer is more compact that the centrifugal we had which was surprising. So much less noise too. We even make great nut milks in this juicer with ease. The only thing I don't like is there is quite a bit of pulp (and I like pulp) but we do juice a mix of things that aren't always firm. Im sure if we would do only carrot or things like that there wouldn't be as much pulp in the juice. Anyway quite satisfied with the quality of this machine and with the warranty we know it will be a close part of our family for years to come.