5.0 out of 5 stars I don't usually write reviews, but...
We were looking to start juicing but we had zero experience with any kind of juicer.
We spent a few hours researching the differences between centrifugal and masticating juicers and all of the different options available and finally decided on the Omega VRT350.
Published 19 months ago by Tom McCooeye

1.0 out of 5 stars Has a design flaw
I bought the Omega VRT350 because it was a low speed masticating juicer to minimize oxidation on the juice.

Published 7 months ago by Kevin Malakoff

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't usually write reviews, but..., March 12 2013
This review is from: Omega VRT350 Heavy Duty Dual-Stage Vertical Single Auger Low Speed Juicer, Silver (Kitchen)
Keep in mind that we have never worked another juicer but the Omega is AWESOME. We went out and bought $100 of fruits and vegetables the day we got it and chewed through it in three days without a single hangup. Apple, oranges, celergy, spinach, beets, carrots, kale, ginger, tomatos, pineapple and cucumbers all met their demise at the hands of the Omega. Bananas don't juice very well...rookie mistake.
The juicer is quiet, efficient and easy to use. The hole in the top is about half the size of your hand and if the piece will fit you don't have to think about it again, just drop it in and wait. The spinning auger chops the vegetable into managable "bites" for the machine and makes a very satisfying crunching noise when it eats carrots.
The juice comes out the same temperature as the vegetables that you put in.
The juicer cleans up in about 3 minutes with a little brush that comes with the machine.
All in all, super happy with the machine and would HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.

5.0 out of 5 stars After 2 yrs, still working great, Oct. 23 2012
M. Nagy - See all my reviews
Not a single problem with it after 2 yrs. Juices everything I throw at it. Easy to clean. Very low noise and powerful motor. Probably the best juicer out there right now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Using it every day and I love it, Aug. 6 2013
I have been using this juicer every day since I got it (2 months) and it has performed flawlessly. The only thing you have to remember is to always follow up your leafy greens or celery with something hard (Apple, Carrot, etc...) this way you get the most out of the greens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great all-around juicer !!!!, Oct. 21 2013
Great juicer for juicing just about everything !
Previously owned a centrifugal and this vertical single auger is WAY better!

- The pulp is dry so you don't feel like you are wasting food.
- Juicer can get clogged when juicing too many stringy veggies at once - it is easily fixed by chopping into smaller pieces and putting a few pieces in between other foods to be juiced to help push it through.
- Much easier to clean than other juicers used in the past.
- Reverse button helps whenever something gets stuck - 2 seconds on reverse and problem is solved.
- Easy to juice different types of juices in one go - just dump water through it to give it a rinse and your on to the next juice!

If you are considering buying a juicer, the Omega VRT350 is the way to go!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it & forget negative reviews they don't know how to use it., Jan. 4 2013
bilal hamdan - See all my reviews
I bought the Brevile Ikon good machine but was wasting so much food i felt bad even using it. Throwing away food while people go hungry in the world was not an option.

A few reviews later thought to give the VRT a try.

first the motor is heavy like 2ice more than the Ikon (thats a good thing)
also construction is heavy duties. Thick strong plastic very durable looking.
once you have it in your hands you will appreciate the solid feel.
Takes half the space of the IKon with them still side by side in my kitchen
no clogging!!! at first yes but then watched a best practice video and i can tell you with 10000% certainty it's just a learning curve. cut the stringy vegetables that's all.
Get rewarded with full bodied juice that tastes great and feels much healthier
I love Breville products but the Omega VRT beats the Elite and the Ikon in quality of juice/product/and efficiency!

conclusion: great product great juice no clogging issues once you use it right and Extremely dry dry pulp.
parts are so small that cleanup becomes less of a hassle the the huge parts of the Ikon that take up the lower rack of the dishwasher.

This is an honest review, I'm an IT developer i sit all day gaining pound after pound Juicing in general has almost revered the cycle without even cutting down calories intake just by replacing the evening meal with juice...

Bilal

5.0 out of 5 stars Great juicer, Jan. 29 2013
I am new to juicing with a masticating juicer. I used a centrifugal before and it was getting real old.
So I decided to replace .After watching john on discountjuicers.com, compare a centrifugal with the Omega vrt350- I was sold.
What convinced me was how fast a centrifugal juice oxidized. He had juiced carrots and the Omega vrt350 stayed nice and orange, whereas the the centrifugal was already oxidizing after it was juiced.

I have had the juicer for about 1 month now, and I love it. It is not too noisy, easy to clean and makes great juice.
As for the pulp issue. I don't find it is too pulpy. If someone wants a completely clear juice they are going to have to strain or get a press.

I had a little issue with the bowl being very snug to attach and detach. I called up Omega and was told to put a bit of olive oil on the latches. It really helped.

I got a really good deal on Amazon. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who wants a good quality juicer, that makes a really great juice full of life.

5.0 out of 5 stars love this juicer, March 23 2014
I bought this juicer about a month ago when i decided i wanted to try a juice fast. I probably would have gone for a less expensive brand except i love the 10 year warranty. i could easily spend 3 times as much if i had to replace a juicer every couple of years so that was what i was thinking when i bought it.
Once i started using it I knew i had made the right choice. It practically feeds itself, drawing everything down and almost never having to use the plunger. It's quick. It's easy to clean - and i like that i can just run water through it a few times during the day, when i use it and just do one thorough clean at the end of the day... its quicker than doing dishes.
My only only complaint is that you get a lot of pulp. I'm the kind of person who doesn't even like pulp in the bought orange juice, so that doesn't work so well for me. But the solution to that is once i've made the juice i run it through my blender - and voila!! super smooth juice with no pulp and soooo flavourful. I know it's one more step but for me it's well worth it.
This juicer even feels like quality. I love it and I love seeing it sit on my counter.

1.0 out of 5 stars Has a design flaw, March 21 2014

In the first few days of using it, I hard difficulty removing the top part from the base. Eventually it twisted off, but it has been a continual struggle to disassemble it. Within a few weeks, the juicer started wobbling when it rotated and eventually the three plastic clips broke off. I sent it for repairs under warranty and within a week of juicing after it was returned to me, the clips broke again.

The problem is that in making an upright juicer, Omega uses three plastic clips (fastened to the base with metal posts) to hold the top part to the base. These clips both need to hold the juicer in place during juicing so it doesn't move or wobble, but also they need to be loose enough to remove the top part for cleaning after each juicing.

Because Omega chose to use plastic clips for the fastening mechanic and the clips are being put under stress with every use, Omega has created a critical point of failure.

I've given up on this juicer and bought something that doesn't seem like a plastic toy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great juicer!, May 16 2014
Love this juicer. We had a jack lalane centrifugal as our intro to juicing. When that broke we searched for months for a good fit for a masticating juicer as we wanted a better quality juice. This juicer is more compact that the centrifugal we had which was surprising. So much less noise too. We even make great nut milks in this juicer with ease. The only thing I don't like is there is quite a bit of pulp (and I like pulp) but we do juice a mix of things that aren't always firm. Im sure if we would do only carrot or things like that there wouldn't be as much pulp in the juice. Anyway quite satisfied with the quality of this machine and with the warranty we know it will be a close part of our family for years to come.

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled by the advertising, April 15 2013
This is my second juicer with my first being a centrifugal juicer which was not very good at all. I was convinced to purchase the 350HD due to the rave reviews (which I believe are fake and just marketing). I like the juice it makes but it is not what all the hype suggests. Pulp from oranges, apples, tomatoes, and other soft wet fruits or vegetables is soaking wet. I can easily wring more juice out of the pulp with my hands. I Often put the pulp of the soft fruits and vegetables through 2 or 3 times to get reasonably dry pulp. It is terrible when juicing any fibrous fruits, vegetables, or leafy greens such as celery, Kale, Cilantro, etc. and is always getting clogged. Two or three stems of celery and the system clogs completely every time and must be disassembled to get unclogged. The reverse does not help in unclogging. Check out all of the videos on this machine and you will see that they avoid any fibrous material or do it at the very last stage; there is a reason for this. And as many people have mentioned it is not easy to clean. Lots of little edges and notches in the system (one reason it clogs so easily) that are tough to clean. Overall it is an okay juicer and does make tasty juice but not without a good deal of work. It is certainly not worth the $400 price tag.