Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

Showing 1-10 of 56 reviews(5 star).Show all reviews
on March 12, 2013
We were looking to start juicing but we had zero experience with any kind of juicer.
We spent a few hours researching the differences between centrifugal and masticating juicers and all of the different options available and finally decided on the Omega VRT350.
Keep in mind that we have never worked another juicer but the Omega is AWESOME. We went out and bought $100 of fruits and vegetables the day we got it and chewed through it in three days without a single hangup. Apple, oranges, celergy, spinach, beets, carrots, kale, ginger, tomatos, pineapple and cucumbers all met their demise at the hands of the Omega. Bananas don't juice very well...rookie mistake.
The juicer is quiet, efficient and easy to use. The hole in the top is about half the size of your hand and if the piece will fit you don't have to think about it again, just drop it in and wait. The spinning auger chops the vegetable into managable "bites" for the machine and makes a very satisfying crunching noise when it eats carrots.
The juice comes out the same temperature as the vegetables that you put in.
The juicer cleans up in about 3 minutes with a little brush that comes with the machine.
All in all, super happy with the machine and would HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.
on October 23, 2012
Not a single problem with it after 2 yrs. Juices everything I throw at it. Easy to clean. Very low noise and powerful motor. Probably the best juicer out there right now.
on January 29, 2013
I am new to juicing with a masticating juicer. I used a centrifugal before and it was getting real old.
So I decided to replace .After watching john on, compare a centrifugal with the Omega vrt350- I was sold.
What convinced me was how fast a centrifugal juice oxidized. He had juiced carrots and the Omega vrt350 stayed nice and orange, whereas the the centrifugal was already oxidizing after it was juiced.

I have had the juicer for about 1 month now, and I love it. It is not too noisy, easy to clean and makes great juice.
As for the pulp issue. I don't find it is too pulpy. If someone wants a completely clear juice they are going to have to strain or get a press.

I had a little issue with the bowl being very snug to attach and detach. I called up Omega and was told to put a bit of olive oil on the latches. It really helped.

I got a really good deal on Amazon. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who wants a good quality juicer, that makes a really great juice full of life.
on January 4, 2013
I bought the Brevile Ikon good machine but was wasting so much food i felt bad even using it. Throwing away food while people go hungry in the world was not an option.

A few reviews later thought to give the VRT a try.

first the motor is heavy like 2ice more than the Ikon (thats a good thing)
also construction is heavy duties. Thick strong plastic very durable looking.
once you have it in your hands you will appreciate the solid feel.
Takes half the space of the IKon with them still side by side in my kitchen
no clogging!!! at first yes but then watched a best practice video and i can tell you with 10000% certainty it's just a learning curve. cut the stringy vegetables that's all.
Get rewarded with full bodied juice that tastes great and feels much healthier
I love Breville products but the Omega VRT beats the Elite and the Ikon in quality of juice/product/and efficiency!

conclusion: great product great juice no clogging issues once you use it right and Extremely dry dry pulp.
parts are so small that cleanup becomes less of a hassle the the huge parts of the Ikon that take up the lower rack of the dishwasher.

This is an honest review, I'm an IT developer i sit all day gaining pound after pound Juicing in general has almost revered the cycle without even cutting down calories intake just by replacing the evening meal with juice...

on August 6, 2013
I have been using this juicer every day since I got it (2 months) and it has performed flawlessly. The only thing you have to remember is to always follow up your leafy greens or celery with something hard (Apple, Carrot, etc...) this way you get the most out of the greens.
on May 10, 2013
Had this juicer for about 3 weeks, absolutely love it.

You can feel the quality of the product just by lifting it out of the box, it has that weight and solidity that just makes you feel warm inside. It combines a quality of a masticating juicers with the convenience of a vertical. It is also much easier to clean and assemble than other masticating juicers i have had in the past.

A nice surprise is how quiet the machine is in operation.

Negatives: I find some "bits" seem to find there way into the juice, not sure how. However Not a significant amount and it does not detract for me personally from the juice. The majority of the juice itself is nice and clear and fine however. However this may be an issue for some.

The waste fruit is pushed down a silicon flap into the waste. The issue is cleaning can be a little fiddly as you need to poke the cleaning tool into a small hole and lever the silicon flap while trying to scrap away any left over fruit. Again a minor issue for me, cleanup takes only a few minutes worse case, however this could be better designed.

Bottom line nothings perfect, however this is the best juicer i have bought, and i would buy it again in an instant.
on May 29, 2013
I read a lot of reviews prior to purchasing this juicer and I'm very happy I did.

This Juicer is an excellent all around juicer. I have yet to find a fruit or vegatable that it can't handle. For those of you not familiar this is an auger style juicer. I prefer the auger style juicer to the centrifugal one, even though it is a bit slower and you have to cut the fruit up a bit smaller, because the quality of the juice in the end is well worth it. (I encourage you to do more reading of your own about the differences.)

This juicer also does an excellent job with leafy greens, which centrifugal ones typically do not. It's not a juicer for pure wheat grass, though the picture does seem to depict it.

The juice in safe in the fridge for up to 3 days, but it never lasts that long in our house. I have typically been juicing in the evening for the next day.

Happy Juicing!
on March 23, 2014
I bought this juicer about a month ago when i decided i wanted to try a juice fast. I probably would have gone for a less expensive brand except i love the 10 year warranty. i could easily spend 3 times as much if i had to replace a juicer every couple of years so that was what i was thinking when i bought it.
Once i started using it I knew i had made the right choice. It practically feeds itself, drawing everything down and almost never having to use the plunger. It's quick. It's easy to clean - and i like that i can just run water through it a few times during the day, when i use it and just do one thorough clean at the end of the day... its quicker than doing dishes.
My only only complaint is that you get a lot of pulp. I'm the kind of person who doesn't even like pulp in the bought orange juice, so that doesn't work so well for me. But the solution to that is once i've made the juice i run it through my blender - and voila!! super smooth juice with no pulp and soooo flavourful. I know it's one more step but for me it's well worth it.
This juicer even feels like quality. I love it and I love seeing it sit on my counter.
on October 21, 2013
Great juicer for juicing just about everything !
Previously owned a centrifugal and this vertical single auger is WAY better!

- The pulp is dry so you don't feel like you are wasting food.
- Juicer can get clogged when juicing too many stringy veggies at once - it is easily fixed by chopping into smaller pieces and putting a few pieces in between other foods to be juiced to help push it through.
- Much easier to clean than other juicers used in the past.
- Reverse button helps whenever something gets stuck - 2 seconds on reverse and problem is solved.
- Easy to juice different types of juices in one go - just dump water through it to give it a rinse and your on to the next juice!

If you are considering buying a juicer, the Omega VRT350 is the way to go!
on April 18, 2015
Best decision to get this juicer!! Have used it daily since receiving it about 6 weeks ago with absolutely no problems at all. Recently used another juicer when visiting my sister and glad to be back home to this one!

Opening is large enough to fit whole carrots, cucumbers sliced into quarters and apples cut into eighths so not much chopping.

Fiber is completely dry and masticating device is wonderful compared to the types of juicers that seem to 'grate' the vegetables and fruits like a cheese grater as there is no mess at all or juice flying out of the opening.

Very simple clean-up of rinsing the parts and placing on kitchen towel to air dry - 10 minutes tops!

Absolutely buy this juicer!!!

See 1 answered question