Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Music Deals Store Fall Tools

on March 12, 2013
We were looking to start juicing but we had zero experience with any kind of juicer.
We spent a few hours researching the differences between centrifugal and masticating juicers and all of the different options available and finally decided on the Omega VRT350.
Keep in mind that we have never worked another juicer but the Omega is AWESOME. We went out and bought $100 of fruits and vegetables the day we got it and chewed through it in three days without a single hangup. Apple, oranges, celergy, spinach, beets, carrots, kale, ginger, tomatos, pineapple and cucumbers all met their demise at the hands of the Omega. Bananas don't juice very well...rookie mistake.
The juicer is quiet, efficient and easy to use. The hole in the top is about half the size of your hand and if the piece will fit you don't have to think about it again, just drop it in and wait. The spinning auger chops the vegetable into managable "bites" for the machine and makes a very satisfying crunching noise when it eats carrots.
The juice comes out the same temperature as the vegetables that you put in.
The juicer cleans up in about 3 minutes with a little brush that comes with the machine.
All in all, super happy with the machine and would HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.
on October 23, 2012
Not a single problem with it after 2 yrs. Juices everything I throw at it. Easy to clean. Very low noise and powerful motor. Probably the best juicer out there right now.
on January 29, 2013
I am new to juicing with a masticating juicer. I used a centrifugal before and it was getting real old.
So I decided to replace .After watching john on discountjuicers.com, compare a centrifugal with the Omega vrt350- I was sold.
What convinced me was how fast a centrifugal juice oxidized. He had juiced carrots and the Omega vrt350 stayed nice and orange, whereas the the centrifugal was already oxidizing after it was juiced.

I have had the juicer for about 1 month now, and I love it. It is not too noisy, easy to clean and makes great juice.
As for the pulp issue. I don't find it is too pulpy. If someone wants a completely clear juice they are going to have to strain or get a press.

I had a little issue with the bowl being very snug to attach and detach. I called up Omega and was told to put a bit of olive oil on the latches. It really helped.

I got a really good deal on Amazon. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who wants a good quality juicer, that makes a really great juice full of life.
on January 4, 2013
I bought the Brevile Ikon good machine but was wasting so much food i felt bad even using it. Throwing away food while people go hungry in the world was not an option.

A few reviews later thought to give the VRT a try.

first the motor is heavy like 2ice more than the Ikon (thats a good thing)
also construction is heavy duties. Thick strong plastic very durable looking.
once you have it in your hands you will appreciate the solid feel.
Takes half the space of the IKon with them still side by side in my kitchen
no clogging!!! at first yes but then watched a best practice video and i can tell you with 10000% certainty it's just a learning curve. cut the stringy vegetables that's all.
Get rewarded with full bodied juice that tastes great and feels much healthier
I love Breville products but the Omega VRT beats the Elite and the Ikon in quality of juice/product/and efficiency!

conclusion: great product great juice no clogging issues once you use it right and Extremely dry dry pulp.
parts are so small that cleanup becomes less of a hassle the the huge parts of the Ikon that take up the lower rack of the dishwasher.

This is an honest review, I'm an IT developer i sit all day gaining pound after pound Juicing in general has almost revered the cycle without even cutting down calories intake just by replacing the evening meal with juice...

Bilal
on August 6, 2013
I have been using this juicer every day since I got it (2 months) and it has performed flawlessly. The only thing you have to remember is to always follow up your leafy greens or celery with something hard (Apple, Carrot, etc...) this way you get the most out of the greens.
on July 20, 2014
This is a great juicing machine. I strain my juice afterwards because I prefer it without any froth or pulp particles. Fussy I know! The juice spout needs attention to make sure it all gets clean. Even alternating my vegetables the pulp chute gets clogged up underneath. The price makes it a serious enough purchase. I am very pleased with the overall value and look firward to many years of juicing.
on April 6, 2013
I bought the juicer about 3 months ago. This is the first juicer that I ever bought, so not much to compare with. Overall I am happy with it. Quite a few people are concerned about the time required to clean it. It does take about 10 - 15 min, but I like the juices so it is not a problem for me. On the other side it doesn't get out as much juice as I expected, some of the fruits or vegetables still have a lot of juice left when they come out. My personal impression is that it was doing a better job in the first week. The biggest complain that I have is that it is really difficult to disassemble the container where the auger is located once I am done juicing, it just gets stuck. In any case I am happy with the juicer that I picked.
on December 10, 2012
Don't get me wrong, this product does the job but let's clarify some details from an objective perspective.

When I saw all those reviews on youtube, I get very excited to have one of those thing. I tought with this juicer, I will be able to juice mostly everything easily with minimal cleaning, well I was a bit disapointed.

First, you can put almost everything in the juicer and you will get what you want. But despite all reviews I saw from youtube, the juicer cannot take some basics vegetables like whole carrots, you will have to remove their cap and/or slice them in half otherwise, it will jam. In fact, the juicer jams more often than it seems. Put the items, too fast, too much, too hard(as whole carrots) and it will jam for sure.

Secondo, you will have to wash at least 9 pieces quickly as you can(or the stains will dry and then good luck) after each use for an everage time of 10 minutes of cleaning a bit ridiculous for 4 cups of juice.

Tertio, most of the time, the pulp you'll get from the extraction will be still kind of wet, the juicer needs to be more efficient. To maximise the outcome, I recommend to recycle your pulp in the juicer to get every juice as you can get(because organic food is quite expensive).

Finally, you cannot really drink the juice itself because you'll get too much pulp/fiber in it. You will have to pass it trought another screen at least 2 times to get a nice fluid juice.

I live in Canada, as I write this review, the price of this juicer is $379.95 CND and with the taxes it cost me $436.85 is it worth it? I'll let you judge.

I will leave this review with the pro/cons because the juicer has very substantials pros as well:

Pros:
- Really quiet
- It will juice mostly all fruits and vegetables
- Really easy to use
- 10 years warranty

Cons:
- Too easy to jam
- Painfull to wash
- Does not produce a clean juice, too much pulp and fibers in the juice, another screen is needed
- The juicer needs to be more efficient, the trash pulp get still has a lot of juice left
on March 21, 2014
I bought the Omega VRT350 because it was a low speed masticating juicer to minimize oxidation on the juice.

In the first few days of using it, I hard difficulty removing the top part from the base. Eventually it twisted off, but it has been a continual struggle to disassemble it. Within a few weeks, the juicer started wobbling when it rotated and eventually the three plastic clips broke off. I sent it for repairs under warranty and within a week of juicing after it was returned to me, the clips broke again.

The problem is that in making an upright juicer, Omega uses three plastic clips (fastened to the base with metal posts) to hold the top part to the base. These clips both need to hold the juicer in place during juicing so it doesn't move or wobble, but also they need to be loose enough to remove the top part for cleaning after each juicing.

Because Omega chose to use plastic clips for the fastening mechanic and the clips are being put under stress with every use, Omega has created a critical point of failure.

I've given up on this juicer and bought something that doesn't seem like a plastic toy.
on April 15, 2013
This is my second juicer with my first being a centrifugal juicer which was not very good at all. I was convinced to purchase the 350HD due to the rave reviews (which I believe are fake and just marketing). I like the juice it makes but it is not what all the hype suggests. Pulp from oranges, apples, tomatoes, and other soft wet fruits or vegetables is soaking wet. I can easily wring more juice out of the pulp with my hands. I Often put the pulp of the soft fruits and vegetables through 2 or 3 times to get reasonably dry pulp. It is terrible when juicing any fibrous fruits, vegetables, or leafy greens such as celery, Kale, Cilantro, etc. and is always getting clogged. Two or three stems of celery and the system clogs completely every time and must be disassembled to get unclogged. The reverse does not help in unclogging. Check out all of the videos on this machine and you will see that they avoid any fibrous material or do it at the very last stage; there is a reason for this. And as many people have mentioned it is not easy to clean. Lots of little edges and notches in the system (one reason it clogs so easily) that are tough to clean. Overall it is an okay juicer and does make tasty juice but not without a good deal of work. It is certainly not worth the $400 price tag.