5.0 out of 5 stars Alice in Wonderland
This is a very entertaining version of and old story and I really like Johnny Depp's twist on the tale.
Published 16 months ago by V. Moar

3.0 out of 5 stars i'm glad i only paid $5 for it!!!!!
it was just ok. I was disappointed. I guess I was expecting something more along the lines of the original Alice but even when you realize its alice but grown up its like there's no action. all through the movie you were waiting for something to happen but it never did
Published 9 months ago by M.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and unique, July 1 2013
Interesting take on a classic. Not what I expected, but it was well done. Johnny Depp and the supporting cast are excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Alice in Wonderland, May 1 2013
V. Moar "cat lover" (Hanna Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Simply Wonderful, Nov. 17 2012
This movie is such a wonderful rendition of the original movie. Johnny Depp is amazing and captivating to watch. A nice movie for the whole family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Realizing the difference. Don't compare the old to this new take., May 14 2010
Alana Aspeck "SilveryBlue" (Edmonton,AB CANADA) - See all my reviews
One thing I find that people don't realize with this take on Alice in Wonderland is that it is more like a continuation of the movie.
Perhaps they were expecting it to be like the cartoon or the other takes on the movie but it isn't. I came to realize after watching interviews by the cast as well as Tim Burton. I think it was fantastically done. It's my opinion that Burton wanted it to be close to the book yet adapted to his own taste as well, a mix of everything. Everyone has different tastes and has different opinions on what they like and don't like. I personally thought it was a great adaption of Alice and enjoyed it. I look forward to Tim Burton movies as he is dark, and does a great job with being different.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best "Wonderland" film I had seen, June 3 2010
Frances L. Arsenault "lover of literature" (Nanaimo, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Tim Burton is back! And along with his regular star Johnny Depp, they both concocted this extension of Lewis Carroll's novels Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass - few of my favorite stories, for Disney.

I saw the movie in 3D with my Dad, and it was the second film my Dad had ever seen in a theatre, and it is also my 3rd 3D film I've seen. What I meant by extension of the story is that we get to see a 19-year-old Alice returning to Wonderland (or "Underland" as it is called), after escaping an possible wedding engagement to some poop-a-doop-spoiled-brat snob, to end The Red Queen's reign of terror; and restore the White Queen (who is sister to the Red Queen) to the throne.

So anyway I really love this film, and I love the film's musical soundtrack that unites Burton's regular composer Danny Elfman. And it is truly the best "Wonderland" film I had seen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Alice in Wonderland, Feb. 23 2014
This movie arrived on time which was a big plus. It was in the DVD player the same night and has been watched a few times since then.

5.0 out of 5 stars <3, Jan. 22 2014
This review is from: Alice in Wonderland [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy] (Bilingual) (Blu-ray)
I love this movie and the 3D was well done, not as good as in the theater but very good for watching 3D at home.

3.0 out of 5 stars i'm glad i only paid $5 for it!!!!!, Nov. 23 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Not your childhood Alice in Wonderland!, Aug. 20 2013
John Thomas Anderson (Southern Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Right from the opening scenes when Alice reaches Wonderland; it becomes quite apparent that this is definitely a Tim Burton production. From the gritty bottom of the rabbit hole to the burnt and twisted trees surrounding the Red Queen's castle to the final battle against the Jabberwocky; it bears at times an uncanny similarity to his previous works like Corpse Bride, Bettlejuice or Nightmare before Christmas. More along the lines of an 18th Century Grimm's Fairy tale than the original sanitized Disney animated feature of our youth. (I definitely wouldn't recommend this for small children!) In other words, Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland is a fairy tale for adults more so than children!

And in this vein it works rather well. Johnny Depp is up to his usual high standards as a Hatter that's more Post Traumatic Stress than Mad, the visuals are striking (if somewhat grim at times), the action scenes when she's travelling must be pretty impressive in 3D (wish I could see that), the musical score is damn addictive (I'm still humming it as I write this review - cannot get it out of my head) and the surround sound not only is a very immersive 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio but my Denon receiver indicates it's got EX decoding for the back channel as well and it gets plenty of use. Very impressive.

On the negative side. As I said, it's more of a film for adults rather than children, the beginning and ending tends to drag a bit (though it does make a good period drama), the action scenes are interposed with quieter scenes in which nothing much happens and the final battle has been done better in movies like the first two Narnia's or The Golden Compass. So where fantasy movies like those I'd rate from 4 to 5, I can't in good conscience rate this any higher than 3 to 3-1/2. In other words, although this movie has great visual and audio power, it just doesn't have as much staying power.

J. A.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great 3D movie, May 25 2013
I had not seen this movie in the theatre, but I was pleasantly surprised! Excellent 3D visuals and a good story.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Alice in Wonderland [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy] (Bilingual)
CDN$ 39.99 CDN$ 26.77