Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage pinata Kindle Music Deals Store Cycling Tools minions Furniture

Breville BREBJB840XL Juicer and Blender
Price:$349.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on March 4, 2012
What do you want out of your juicer?

First the aesthetics; this combo juicer/blender duo looks absolutely fantastic on my counter. The clean lines and stainless steel finish make it easy to keep in on my counter and not be embarrassed by it sitting there.

How does it function? It is simple to use, simple to clean and to interchange from juicer to blender which is great for making smoothies and soups. I haven't owned a lot of juicers. I used my magic bullet for juicing prior which was really a joke by comparison. This machine is so powerful and I love the fact I can use old shopping bags on the back container that gathers the pulp and have less mess to clean up!

Speaking of clean up; this machine is very easy to take apart and clean. The brush that is included makes cleaning the screening cup a breeze. Rinse right after you finish juicing and you will never have an issue with clogs or clumps.

It is also a very powerful machine, able to juice everything from root veggies like beets and carrots to greens and berries. I also liked the fact that I can juice one item after another without having to worry. The instructions are clear, concise and simple to understand. It explains the built in safe guards to watch out for and clear guide in case of troubleshooting. So far I have been delighted! I am sure you will be too. Take a look at the reviews for the stand alone Breville juicer and you will see for yourself.

Sometimes it is as simple as getting what you paid for and this machine is worth every penny.

Happy Juicing/Blending!
on November 14, 2012
Before purchasing this model, I have purchased 3 other brands, all below $150, and none of them did the job properly, so I have returned them back to stores. Main issue I had with cheaper models was either pulp was not dry enough - wasted juce, or when doing heavy duty juicing, the spinning part would go off centre and touch the internal parts of the juicer....no need to explain more.

This juscer does not have any of the above problems I struggled with cheper brands. Does the job well, the motor has plenty of power, and the spinning blade does the job under heavy load.
In one session I juice about 2 full jugs of juice. Usually need to empty pulp containers 2x, not because it is full, but just to remove the buildups on top.

I juice carrots, culliflowers, ruttabga, all greens, broccoli, beets, ets, juicer works perfect....at least I was unable to find a better one on the market.

Not to mention the blender is of high quality and perfect for my needs.
And we have been blending a lot for the entire family.

Overall excellent product for the money, considering Amazon price was ~$170 below Brelille's web price.
Would buy it again anytime.
Derrick
on June 16, 2013
This Breville has a lot of counter appeal and comes with a blender which saves counter and storage space.

The amazon shipment arrived within 3 days of ordering which is amazing for Canadian shipping. This truly is the start of the demise of the storefront retail business in Canada.

Here are my comments about the Breville Juicer and Blender

Likes:
- Stainless juice bowl/funnel is very easy to clean and does not stain from red beets.
- The dial knob speed control and on off button are easy to use. It is a lot better than trying to figure out what button to press on those other (my kitchenaid) blenders. (like, what is the difference between liquefy and puree?)
- The motor senses resistance and adjusts speed automatically.
- The locking handle is spring loaded and flips up into position with ease. It is also the master on/off switch. The others like my Power juicer relied on the flex in the handle that takes a lot more effort to lock in place.
- The mesh filter comes off very easily for cleaning
- clear top lets you see if pulp is jamming the escape chute
- froth separator in the juice holder works well
- The glass blender jar and components are commercial grade and quality. May be a little heavy for some though
- the inside bottom interior edge of the juice holder is rounded for easy cleaning
- comes with a hard bristle brush for cleaning the juicer mesh filter
- centre drop for fruits and vegetables does work better. Fruits and vegetables do not fly out as much.
- the pulp is dryer than that from the power juicer express
- the power plug has a formed hole for easy disconnect

Dislikes:
- It is not as quiet as the less expensive Power Juicer Express.
- The spout on mine came dented. Not enough to warrant returning the juicer though.

Tips on juicing:
- when cutting up fruits and vegetables, leave them as long and large as they will fit through the chute. Small portions do not get ground as fine and bounce around instead, resulting in small wet bits thrown into the pulp bin
- rinse and clean immediately. The sugars in the juice and pulp become sticky and harder to clean when it dries
- if you have dogs, feed them the pulp. It is good for them and mine love it
- People in the amazon.com (US) reviews use plastic bags to line the pulp bin. Please people, it doesn't take that much effort to clean the bin. Most cities in Canada take the pulp for composting and we could use and throw less plastic bags in the land fills.

Enjoy!

PS. My previous juicer was a Jack L's Power Juicer Express. It was great when first introduced and I am sure their Power Juicer Pro has improved. The little tab on the pulp bin that turns on the safety switch broke on mine so I looked for a new juicer instead of replacing the part.
on April 16, 2013
I have had other juicers, and they simply do not compare to the Breville BREBJB840XL Juicer and Blender. Firstly, it has a small footprint on the counter and is quite attractive to simply leave out all the time. It's also incredibly powerful, has a very fine mesh strainer so that you get a lovely thin juice, it's a dream to clean *tough to clean juicers discourage me from juicing since I hate the hefty cleanup*, and lastly the juice pitcher everything dumps into has a lid that holds the froth back when you serve into a glass. All in all, a very well thought out, well designed, juicer. Ever better that I got it on sale!
on May 6, 2013
I had tried the Juice Fountain model and wasn't really happy with it. I thought it was too much work to wash as the pulp ended up everywhere as opposed to a plastic bag-lined receptacle. So, I bought this model here and am happy with it. I won't lie: juicing is a process and cleaning the juicer is a lot of work. BUT, this model compared favourably with others I've tried. It takes me 10 minutes to take the fruits and the machine out, run wash-up water, juice the fruits, do my dishes and put everything back. Is 10 minutes too long for you? If it is: don't start juicing.

I'm happy with the juicer and very impressed with the blender. I had a $20 SuperStore blender and this one here is so much better. The Smoothie mode works well and I blended up a velouté soup to perfection.
on June 25, 2013
We purchased this juicer after extensive research. Breville is known for it's good quality so we decided early on this was the brand for us. However there are so many models we weren't quite sure which model would suit us. I am very happy with my choice in the combo. It looks great on my counter and is versatile. The blender is second to none. My family loves it. Just put your fruit, milk, yogurt etc and push a button. The blender knows exactly when the smoothie is done. Don't worry about the higher price tag (got it for $385 on amazon.ca) it's absolutely worth every penny.
It's much quieter than I expected.
We are still experimenting with the juicer. Yes it does take a bit longer to clean in the morning but the product is so worth the time.
Great investment!
on August 1, 2013
As I type this review out, I am drinking a "Mean and Green" juice made with this bad boy! It's a great juicer and a great blender, what else can I say? It's VERY easy to clean and looks great, although it's a MONSTER sitting up on the counter.

PROS:
Sleek, industrial-look
Has dual functions, but is excellent at both.
LOVE the smoothie function on the blender!!

CONS:
You better put a bag in the pulp catcher...
Can be loud for some people.
Not the cheapest appliance out there, even given its usability

Amazon.CA had this on sale when I bought it. It was a no-brainer. I wanted a juicer and my father-in-law destroyed my Cuisinart blender. I also needed to get a new blender so I could start pureeing baby food again - for my newborn son.

This appliance fit the bill perfectly, and the price was right on Amazon.CA.

Listing at almost $500.00 everywhere else, it was pretty much a done deal once I saw it here for $335!!! Don't believe me? Try buying it at The Bay.
on September 26, 2013
Meets our families needs extremely well. Easy to use, to clean and the main unit looks awesome on the counter-top with its beautiful design (we keep the two side items underneath the counter). We have been using the unit everyday for the past 30 days and the unit has enough power for every, everything we've thrown at it.

If you are new to juicing and smoothies, this is an excellent buy. Get yourself a few good recipe books on juicing and smoothies (Craze Sexy Kitchen, Hungry for Change, ...)

Cheers!
on January 23, 2014
We have been very happy with the Breville Juicer and Blender combo. We have been using it daily as a juice, but haven't tried the blender attachment yet. As a juicer it works fantastic. The unit is well made, and the stainless steel looks very good in our kitchen.

Pros: Looks Great, works great, fairly easy to clean, feels like it will last a long time. Quiet compared to other juicers.

Cons: The little rubber feet leave skid marks on our countertop, we had to put a dishtowel underneath the unit to prevent this, so it vibrates more than it should as a result. Control knob is plastic, I wish it was metal, only part of the unit that feels cheap. The juice jug could be designed better, I don't like how you have to tip it to get it out from under the juice spout.

I would recommend this unit to a friend, we are pleased with it. Looking forward to using the blender this summer.
on December 30, 2014
Not quite the efficient machine I thought it would be but well made. The blender attachment is 'ok' but seems to have problems blending something as easy as frozen banana and keeps swirling it around no matter how long it's blended. The frothing problem with juicing wasn't something I was aware of and requires the juice be left to separate before pouring into a container however it needs to be separated again as there is always a large amount of sediment.
Not quite the machine I thought it would be and probably not the cheapest unit on the market but good quality, Even if it can't blend a frozen banana.