5.0 out of 5 stars love it
Published 14 months ago by Daniel Genier

Strong recommendation: do not buy this, it has a design flaw and will fail very quickly (in less than a year) on you.

Published 2 months ago by Kirk Munro

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, Feb. 21 2013
This review is from: Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball (Personal Computers)
This was purchased to replace my previous trackball which died after a noble 10 years of service. (RIP). Loving the the new mouse. while the buttons and the ball are in different places from my previous mouse, it didn't take me long to adjust. Also, love the wireless aspect to it. And... something that might seem odd to mention is the usb connection. It doesn't stick out like a key and is very discreet. Really great product.

1.0 out of 5 stars I would rate this trackball 5 stars if it wouldn't wear out so quickly, Feb. 4 2014
Kirk Munro "Poshoholic" (Ottawa, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball (Personal Computers)

Feature-wise, this is a fantastic device, and I would use one on every system I work with if it didn't suffer from a fundamental flaw. I am now using my third M570 after Logitech shipped me two replacement devices when the first two both had the same issue, that the left mouse button starts double-clicking or triple-clicking when you want to single click, or not even single clicking when you want it to. The one I am currently using suffers this same problem. I also got one of these devices for my wife, and hers now suffers the exact same issue. Search the web and you'll find the same results. The only reason this device gets high ratings is because those users haven't encountered the flaw yet (when it's brand new, it's absolutely fantastic).

I'm very angry with Logitech about this, because this is a widespread problem that they seem unable to properly fix. Look around the web, you'll find plenty of people complaining about this issue. Whatever you do, don't buy this trackball.

Unfortunately, I would love to recommend an alternative, but I haven't found one yet. The Microsoft trackball devices from years ago were fantastic, however they have also been out of production for years now. Such a shame, because once you use a trackball, moving back to a mouse seems like a step in the wrong direction.

5.0 out of 5 stars Refurbished = As good as new, April 26 2013
This review is from: Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball (Personal Computers)
The refurbished model was about $12 less than the brand new model. It arrived in a sealed clear plastic bag, included a USB wireless adapter and a sheet of paper with download instructions for the drivers. Setup took less than 5 minutes. No marks or scratches to speak of, and the unit is in perfect condition as far as I can tell. Goodbye mouse!!
Now I'm wireless, and wrist already feels better.
A+

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfect on Ubuntu 11.10, Dec 6 2011
This review is from: Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball (Personal Computers)
I bought this along with a bluetooth keyboard from Logitech and have had no problems. Plug and play first time in Ubuntu 11.10. All the buttons on the mouse work and it has had no connection issues. I have it on a keyboard tray about 1m from the receiver and it has never lost signal.

2.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware - poorly built, Nov. 22 2013
M. Yakiwchuk (Edmonton, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball (Personal Computers)
First of all, let me say that the other reviewers are right: For as long as it works, the Logitech M570 wireless mouse is fantastic. It takes getting used to if you have never used a trackball before (as I hadn't) but after a month or so, you will be happily motoring along with this mouse. The issue I have is, after using it for about 6 months, the left click is not responding like it used to. Dragging and dropping files is an exercise in frustration as the circuit frequently fails to complete and my clicks are not registered. This mouse would be an excellent purchase if it wasn't hampered by its one great flaw: Poor durability. Given that I have never had a mouse (at any price point) fail so quickly, I would be hard-pressed to recommend anyone buy the Logitech M570. Speaking from experience, this is a mouse that works well at first, but does not go the distance. 2/5

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, April 19 2014
This review is from: Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball (Personal Computers)
So far I love this mouse. It has worked perfectly since I bought it would recommend to anyone looking for a mouse

3.0 out of 5 stars Left click is a problem, April 14 2014
This review is from: Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball (Personal Computers)
It's a very good mouse, probably the best for its price once you get used to it. The left click stopped working properly after about 2 years, couldnt find a receipt otherwise coverage is for 3 years. Bought a second one while the first one was still working to use with my laptop, this time made sure I bought coverage from the store for 3 years and scanned the receipt. I would give it 5 stars if it wasnt for the left click problem.

edit. dont be fooled by its listed price of $140 and then selling it for $54 making you believe you are saving 90%. its regular price is about $65 in Canada, in US you can get it for $50.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, April 12 2014
This review is from: Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball (Personal Computers)
I've used the Trackman Marble, both wired and non-wired, and also this "new" M570 Trackballl. I've used then pretty well since they've been on the market. Don't know what I'd do if Logitech ever decided to not make them any more. My arm and wrist gets sore using a mouse. Has never happened using the Trackman, however. That's why I use them. Also, I find FPS's are a lot easier with the Trackball. It's the best wsy to operate a PC, as far as I'm concerned.
The best!

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked form 9 months. Left click stays jams., April 5 2014
This review is from: Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball (Personal Computers)
Worked form 9 months. Left click stays jams.
I liked the item until it broked.
Nothing else to say bye.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great improvement on existing ergo mouse and non-ergo trackball, March 13 2014
This review is from: Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball (Personal Computers)
I thought that I would end up using this mouse mostly at work as my standing desk can either be at the right height for my keyboard OR mouse. I can place the mouse on a book or box to get it at the right height, and since it doesn't move around like a traditional mouse, I don't have to worry about surface size and texture problems.

This little device has ended up following me around everywhere it's extremely comfortable to use and is a great solution for any situation where I would be mousing on an uneven surface or with limited space. No more fighting with a trackpad and I can comfortable use it in bed, on the couch, or in tight spaces like the car or in-flight seats.

Don't be daunted by the switch to using a trackball -- it's worth the few hours of getting used to it!

ARRAY(0xac6454c8)