5.0 out of 5 stars love it
Published 18 months ago by Daniel Genier

Strong recommendation: do not buy this, it has a design flaw and will fail very quickly (in less than a year) on you.

Published 6 months ago by Kirk Munro

1.0 out of 5 stars I would rate this trackball 5 stars if it wouldn't wear out so quickly, Feb. 4 2014
Kirk Munro "Poshoholic" (Ottawa, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball (Personal Computers)

Feature-wise, this is a fantastic device, and I would use one on every system I work with if it didn't suffer from a fundamental flaw. I am now using my third M570 after Logitech shipped me two replacement devices when the first two both had the same issue, that the left mouse button starts double-clicking or triple-clicking when you want to single click, or not even single clicking when you want it to. The one I am currently using suffers this same problem. I also got one of these devices for my wife, and hers now suffers the exact same issue. Search the web and you'll find the same results. The only reason this device gets high ratings is because those users haven't encountered the flaw yet (when it's brand new, it's absolutely fantastic).

I'm very angry with Logitech about this, because this is a widespread problem that they seem unable to properly fix. Look around the web, you'll find plenty of people complaining about this issue. Whatever you do, don't buy this trackball.

Unfortunately, I would love to recommend an alternative, but I haven't found one yet. The Microsoft trackball devices from years ago were fantastic, however they have also been out of production for years now. Such a shame, because once you use a trackball, moving back to a mouse seems like a step in the wrong direction.

2.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware - poorly built, Nov. 22 2013
M. Yakiwchuk (Edmonton, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball (Personal Computers)
First of all, let me say that the other reviewers are right: For as long as it works, the Logitech M570 wireless mouse is fantastic. It takes getting used to if you have never used a trackball before (as I hadn't) but after a month or so, you will be happily motoring along with this mouse. The issue I have is, after using it for about 6 months, the left click is not responding like it used to. Dragging and dropping files is an exercise in frustration as the circuit frequently fails to complete and my clicks are not registered. This mouse would be an excellent purchase if it wasn't hampered by its one great flaw: Poor durability. Given that I have never had a mouse (at any price point) fail so quickly, I would be hard-pressed to recommend anyone buy the Logitech M570. Speaking from experience, this is a mouse that works well at first, but does not go the distance. 2/5

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, Feb. 21 2013
This review is from: Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball (Personal Computers)
This was purchased to replace my previous trackball which died after a noble 10 years of service. (RIP). Loving the the new mouse. while the buttons and the ball are in different places from my previous mouse, it didn't take me long to adjust. Also, love the wireless aspect to it. And... something that might seem odd to mention is the usb connection. It doesn't stick out like a key and is very discreet. Really great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Refurbished = As good as new, April 26 2013
This review is from: Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball (Personal Computers)
The refurbished model was about $12 less than the brand new model. It arrived in a sealed clear plastic bag, included a USB wireless adapter and a sheet of paper with download instructions for the drivers. Setup took less than 5 minutes. No marks or scratches to speak of, and the unit is in perfect condition as far as I can tell. Goodbye mouse!!
Now I'm wireless, and wrist already feels better.
A+

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfect on Ubuntu 11.10, Dec 6 2011
This review is from: Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball (Personal Computers)
I bought this along with a bluetooth keyboard from Logitech and have had no problems. Plug and play first time in Ubuntu 11.10. All the buttons on the mouse work and it has had no connection issues. I have it on a keyboard tray about 1m from the receiver and it has never lost signal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Latest in a long line, Aug. 15 2014
This review is from: Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball (Personal Computers)
Have been gaming with the Logitech thumb trackball for 10+ years. Always worked well and last a long time. I was initially hesitant to get this one, since they dropped the wired model and I've had issues with other wireless mice I've tried. At first, this one had some issues too, but moving the USB stick from the back to the front of my PC solved it, and it now works flawlessly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, the best mice 20 years running, Aug. 13 2014
Angelo Babudro (Nova Scotia, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball (Personal Computers)
I was glad to find someone still selling these. I think they are awesome. I have been using Logitech trackballs for about 20 years and really hate it when I have to use an ordinary mouse, even very nice ordinary ones cannot compare to these. If you have a cluttered desk it is nice that you never have to move the mouse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome mouse!, Aug. 14 2014
This review is from: Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball (Personal Computers)
I've had 3 of them in the last 15 years or so, and I use it allot, I would never go back to a regular mouse.

They do last a long time and Logitech does stands behind their products and will replace them if they fail. You just need to call them.

This one was bought as a gift for my mom!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best mouse I have owned, July 4 2014
This review is from: Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball (Personal Computers)
The best mouse I have owned. That is why I have one with each computer. Simple, clean and no wires to get in the way or limit distance

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the rollerball, June 24 2014
This review is from: Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball (Personal Computers)
Like the design. Prefer using a rollerball over a traditional mouse. This is my second one. The first one lasted for 1.5 years and then light right click buttons started to act funny. Click once and mouse would treat it as a double click. Seems to be a common issue with this model

Logitech M570  Wireless Trackball