5.0 out of 5 stars love it
Published 22 months ago by Daniel Genier

Strong recommendation: do not buy this, it has a design flaw and will fail very quickly (in less than a year) on you.

Published 10 months ago by Kirk Munro

1.0 out of 5 stars I would rate this trackball 5 stars if it wouldn't wear out so quickly, Feb. 4 2014
Kirk Munro "Poshoholic" (Ottawa, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball (Personal Computers)

Feature-wise, this is a fantastic device, and I would use one on every system I work with if it didn't suffer from a fundamental flaw. I am now using my third M570 after Logitech shipped me two replacement devices when the first two both had the same issue, that the left mouse button starts double-clicking or triple-clicking when you want to single click, or not even single clicking when you want it to. The one I am currently using suffers this same problem. I also got one of these devices for my wife, and hers now suffers the exact same issue. Search the web and you'll find the same results. The only reason this device gets high ratings is because those users haven't encountered the flaw yet (when it's brand new, it's absolutely fantastic).

I'm very angry with Logitech about this, because this is a widespread problem that they seem unable to properly fix. Look around the web, you'll find plenty of people complaining about this issue. Whatever you do, don't buy this trackball.

Unfortunately, I would love to recommend an alternative, but I haven't found one yet. The Microsoft trackball devices from years ago were fantastic, however they have also been out of production for years now. Such a shame, because once you use a trackball, moving back to a mouse seems like a step in the wrong direction.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, Feb. 21 2013
This review is from: Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball (Personal Computers)
This was purchased to replace my previous trackball which died after a noble 10 years of service. (RIP). Loving the the new mouse. while the buttons and the ball are in different places from my previous mouse, it didn't take me long to adjust. Also, love the wireless aspect to it. And... something that might seem odd to mention is the usb connection. It doesn't stick out like a key and is very discreet. Really great product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware - poorly built, Nov. 22 2013
M. Yakiwchuk (Calgary, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball (Personal Computers)
First of all, let me say that the other reviewers are right: For as long as it works, the Logitech M570 wireless mouse is fantastic. It takes getting used to if you have never used a trackball before (as I hadn't) but after a month or so, you will be happily motoring along with this mouse. The issue I have is, after using it for about 6 months, the left click is not responding like it used to. Dragging and dropping files is an exercise in frustration as the circuit frequently fails to complete and my clicks are not registered. This mouse would be an excellent purchase if it wasn't hampered by its one great flaw: Poor durability. Given that I have never had a mouse (at any price point) fail so quickly, I would be hard-pressed to recommend anyone buy the Logitech M570. Speaking from experience, this is a mouse that works well at first, but does not go the distance. 2/5

1.0 out of 5 stars This Mouse sucks., Oct. 17 2014
This review is from: Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball (Personal Computers)
I previously had a corded version of this mouse and it was amazing, I loved it. This one however sucks and I can not contact Logitech by phone. I have used their web site support and nothing suggested helps fix the problems and from what I read they are common. They have not returned my e:mails and when I call I get "sorry do to unexpected circumstance we can not take your call at this time". How many unexpected events happen over a four month period? The issues range from Erratic movement to not responding at all especially after long periods of use. Double clicking when it should single. Left when it should be right. Scroll not functioning at all. This was an on again off again issue and usually corrected by turning the mouse off and back on the last few weeks it has been worse and yesterday I removed it from the computer it wouldn't respond to the simplest navigational tasks. Complete waste of money. My Mac tech said that he has had several people come in and it was the M570 and another Logitech mouse with similar technology that was creating the problems. I am using the wireless mouse that came with iMac on now and am not having the issues. I used the corded version as it worked well with the limited motion I have in my hands. It was comfortable and I could use it for hours and in a small space. I recommended it many people and to the agencies that work with the disabled. The fact that the M570 Wireless does not work properly is enough for me to revise my high opinion of Logitech products. The lack of customer support from Logitech on this product has lost them a loyal customer.

4.0 out of 5 stars it's good to switch things up every so often (get off ..., Aug. 25 2014
This review is from: Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball (Personal Computers)
I started using this for about a month at work after being convinced by co-workers. I was already experimenting with alternative pointing devices to reduce soreness (pen, touch, mousing with left hand, etc). As with anything ergonomics, it's good to switch things up every so often (get off that office chair and move!), but this is good enough to be used as my only pointing device at work.

As for the functionality, the back and forward buttons are placed well for using them in navigation, and the trackwheel is fair. (Not as good as a Logitech M500/G500's, but so far it has not jammed like I had with other trackwheels.) The overall length of the device and spacing of the buttons is good for me.
For comparison, if I measure my hand (for gloves) around the forefingers, the result is 7 7/8".

The RF receiver has been surprisingly good, even in an office building where the screen full of Wifi connections tells you that there's a lot of hardware working at the 2.4 GHz band. I have had absolutely no problems with reception at all.

3.0 out of 5 stars Same problem with left button . . ., Aug. 31 2014
This review is from: Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball (Personal Computers)
I thought it was just me, but my left click button is now flaky as well. I'm trying to find my old corded trackballs and will have words with Logitech. Maybe there is a fix - de-oxit?
I just ordered another wireless and am second guessing that one now :(
Love the trackball - mine didn't get weird until a month ago or so - trackball is almost two years old but I think their warranty is longer than that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Latest in a long line, Aug. 15 2014
This review is from: Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball (Personal Computers)
Have been gaming with the Logitech thumb trackball for 10+ years. Always worked well and last a long time. I was initially hesitant to get this one, since they dropped the wired model and I've had issues with other wireless mice I've tried. At first, this one had some issues too, but moving the USB stick from the back to the front of my PC solved it, and it now works flawlessly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, Oct. 31 2014
This review is from: Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball (Personal Computers)
Love this trackball. I've upgraded to it from the earlier version I used to use (grey). That older type required me to run cable to within a few feet of where I had the trackball situated (because the remote sensor needed to be within 5 feet of the trackball to get a reliable signal) - but the 570 lets me use the tiny remote sensor close to my computer (10 feet away) - and connection is reliable.

This trackball is ESSENTIAL to being able to lie in bed with your computer connected to a big screen TV at the foot of your bed and surf the web for 15 hours a day. And the new one for all remote sensor lets me just use one sensor to also attach the great model 800 lit key keyboard.

I've gone through a couple of these trackballs - but I think that is expected. I just ordered my 4th or 5th because the scroll button on my last one stopped scrolling up - but it would still scroll down.

I figure you've probably got to replace these things about once a year - but I can live with that and still give it 5 stars.

And I've dropped the darn things a few dozen times, and splashed lots of water on the unit from my nearby water cooler.

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely happy with this purchase, Sept. 8 2014
This review is from: Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball (Personal Computers)
This is my second one in 3 years. I use it 40hrs/wk non-stop for my work on-line. The product is TOTALLY ergonomic and produces NO STRESS to my hand, wrist or arm as it sits stationary for use. The seller was clear in his description, prompt in his reply and fast with delivery. Completely happy with this purchase. Thanks!

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a product with solid quality., Nov. 5 2014
This review is from: Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball (Personal Computers)
It's a very nice mouse. Considering how limited space is on my desk. I use it for surfing, general computing, and occasionaly light gaming. The trackball movement is very smooth and I found little difficulty in switching from a regular mouse to a trackball mouse. The only thing that bugged me a little is how I occasionally bumped the page forward and backward buttons when I switch from typing to using the mouse. But that's just my own clumsiness.
Interesting story is sometimes I switch hand using the mouse when I'm doing homework. Yes I realize it's designed for right hand, but it still works pretty nicely. The times I accidently clicked the wrong button increase (as expected), but navigating is not hard at all.
Overall, this is a purchase I definitely do not regret.

Logitech M570  Wireless Trackball