5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!
My fanily likes these kind of documentaries... And in 3D the merrier! Would recommend it to anyone wanting a very lively universe experience
Published 5 months ago by RIGOBERTO CRUZ GARCIA

1.0 out of 5 stars Not So Wonderous
We expected to see some 3D videos from the likes of the Hubble telescope, space station, Mars probes and deep space probes but all we got was animation. A little boring!
Published on Oct. 17 2011 by Jim & Ingrid

1.0 out of 5 stars Not So Wonderous, Oct. 17 2011
This review is from: The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System [Blu-ray 3D] (Blu-ray)

2.0 out of 5 stars Underwhelming, June 2 2014
ATC123 - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I had high hopes for this DVD but I must admit that it was short (less than 50 minutes) and while the 3D aspect was well done the content was lacking. I have a science background it may have been why I was hoping for a reasonable amount of explanation for the different portions of it but I found the science part to be quite weak and the graphics to be average. I think that the History channel could have done a lot better than this. People who buy something like this are looking to be educated and I would put the educational level of this DVD at around a grade 6 level. So if you want something for a young child, who might be amused (for a short while) with 3D, then get it but otherwise it is over-priced for what you get.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, May 17 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars 3D edit problems, April 29 2014
As a 3D title, I have to comment about the quality of the 3D. The interaxial was very poorly handled in many places, ie the stars outside the space ship appear inside the space ship, interplanetary debris conflicted with where other debris was located, and the live filming 3D of interviews of scientists gave me a headache. As you will see when you remove your glasses, the left and right images are severely out of alignment, ie higher or lower than the other, and L twisted relative to the R. These are things easily rectified in post production and it seems as though this is a stereo roughcut, ie these refinements were not made before final output.

I was not aware this was made for TV content, and the commercial breaks and very sensationalised soundtrack detracts for me from the wonder of the content, but that is my taste in film making. However that may be better for the younger audience. My daughter was engaged except for the painful unaligned stereo which hurt her eyes to and compelled us to switch to 2D.

As far as the story content, yes these are well described, more recent discoveries of wonders in our solar system, which are humbling and amazing. The depiction of the sun in 3D from the stereo images (real, not re-created) captured by dual satellites, is terrific.

So a very reserved review. very inconsistent and at times painful 3D, but seeing the sun in 3D was redeeming. I think they should just do a good final stereo edit and re-issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Show, Feb. 5 2011
We learned more info. that we didn't know before!
A show great for the entire family that is very Educational!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Oct. 8 2014
Perfect, thank you.

3.0 out of 5 stars 7 Wonders not so Wonderous, June 8 2011
This movie was kind of a disapointment. The 3D effects are not that great, nothing really pops out at you. We ordered 2 movies and the other was much better.

The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System [Blu-ray 3D]