5.0 out of 5 stars Very Funny
Published on Feb. 9 2011 by thaismomma

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars
Le dvd était graffigné et non resurfacer
Published 5 months ago by hugo

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Funny, Feb. 9 2011
This review is from: Despicable Me (Limited Time Blu-Ray Combo) (Blu-ray)
Not only did my 3 y/o actually sit through it, but it was enjoyed by the entire family. The characters are unique and the actors did an amazing job not just with the voices but differentiating themselves (of course Steve Carrell as Gru was great but his mother played by Julie Andrews? Who would have known? Hilarious!). The music was awesome and catchy and I was surprised to learn that the score was composed by Pharrell Williams. Even after the little one has made us watch it over and over again since, it's still just as funny.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best animated movie, Jan. 27 2011
This review is from: Despicable Me (Limited Time Blu-Ray Combo) (Blu-ray)
I wanted to see this movie since I saw a preview, I am an adult and do not have kids but I thought it looked liked cute movie. I enjoyed it from start to finish and I laughed and cried (in a good way) It is such a feel good movie I will watch it over and over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must see - it's a keeper!, Dec 13 2010
Gru is a criminal mastermind - he's not very evil but he is lonely and lives in a big house by himself with his little minions who help him with his projects. In order for his next evil plan to succeed, he needs to steal a weapon from his competition, Vector. Gru adopts 3 little girls and uses them to deliver cookies to Vector and then steals the weapon. While stealing the weapon, Gru becomes very attached to the girls and they to him - even though Gru is yet to realise just how much he loves them.

The story is original and very sweet. It's also very funny and at times the jokes are dark but the cuteness of it all smoothes things over. Each of the 3 little girls is very unique, funny and cute in her own way. The little yellow minions who work for Gru are hilarious - this movie was that much better due to them. Gru is also a very unique character - funny but sweet deep inside. I laughed so much and at times I shed a tear but this cartoon i think went to my top 3 list.

The genre, story and humour reminded me of these cartoons: Meet the Robinsons, Shrek and Up. If you liked all or any of those 3, you'll love this one even more. I've rented a copy but now it's on my Christmas wish list. Watch it, it's a great addition to your family library!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, Dec 30 2010
So impressed with this movie. Usually i do not like much more then pixar but this Illumination Entertainment (people that created this movie) wow blown away good story, inventive, original, and great characters. the minions are awesome. Kids will love it and so will adults

5.0 out of 5 stars Despicable Me (blu ray)...The Good (humanity), The Bad (all the villains) And The Fantastic Video, Jan. 4 2011
Dr. Joseph Lee (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (#1 HALL OF FAME)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Despicable Me (Limited Time Blu-Ray Combo) (Blu-ray)
Video: 'Despicable Me' arrives on Blu-ray with a stunningly beautiful 1080p/AVC MPEG-4 transfer. The colours are vibrant and bright with great fine details. You will enjoy every little detail, like the bright blue sky, banana yellow from the minions, bright yellow of the sun and individual blade of green grass. These colours seemed to jump out at you. (5/5)

Audio: The DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 was also first class, with great bass and enveloping surrounds. The air-fight sequence between Gru and Vector made you feel that you are actually in the midst of all the missiles flying all around you. Dialogue is clear. The animation voices are also first class. (5/5)

Pixar may still be the top animated movie producer (with great video and storyline). Dreamworks is catching up with products like How To Train Your Dragon. Now even Universal is coming out with high quality animation. This movie has deservedly grossed $251 million in US (right behind Toy Story 3, Inception, Harry Potter and The Deathly Hollows Part 1), and $541 million worldwide.

Universal presented to us with a great story about Humanity (The Good), Villains (The Bad) and The Beautiful Video. Both video and audio are top notched. This is one movie that the whole family will enjoy. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Despicable Me-3D version, Jan. 11 2011
We just purchased a large 3D Led TV for Christmas-our first new TV in over 15 years and it is awesome! We couldn't wait to see Despicable Me in 3D because it had received such good press. We were not disappointed--I had no idea what to expect as I knew nothing of the story line, but I must say, this movie is refreshingly different, and very entertaining! We loved the main character, who is all villain at first but discovers he has a heart as the movie progresses---this movie is well rounded and something completely different ! As far as the 3D is concerned, it was pretty cool throughout, especially in one scene when there was a ladder that seemed to come right out of the screen! I must say however, the 3D effects were not as amazing as some I have seen-it just depends on the movie premise, I guess. Loved this show, though, as did my husband, and girls, 16 and 22. I know my nephew absolutely loves it too and he is 8 so good for all ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Despicably funny and heartwarming, Jan. 22 2011
Punkii (British Columbia, CAN) - See all my reviews
I love this movie and wanna be a supervillain when (if) I grow up!

The humour is wonderfully droll, the characters are delightful, and the engaging story line kept me watching from start to finish. I highly recommend it - great viewing not only for kids but for us grown ups as well.

'Despicable Me' has earned a place of honour in my DVD collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious and heart-warming, Oct. 5 2010
M. Cooper (Canada) - See all my reviews
Steve Carell plays Gru, a villain whose dastardly schemes are forever being trumped by his arch-nemesis, Vector (Jason Segel), a nerdy fellow villain in possession of a cool new ultimate weapon. Gru could be Villain #1 if he could just get his hands on that weapon, but unfortunately Vector also owns an impenetrable fortress of a house. When three girls from the local orphanage doing door-to-door cookie sales in the neighbourhood succeed in getting Vector to open his front door and buy lots of cookies from them, Gru forms a cold-hearted plan to shamelessly use the girls in order to get inside Vector's house at last. But Gru's cold heart might be in for a big surprise....

We loved this in the theatre, can't wait for the DVD. Laugh-out-loud hilarious for the whole family.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's so fluffy I'm gonna die!!, Dec 15 2013
Love the girls. Edith stole my heart. Recommended for children of all ages. I've pre-ordered Despicable Me 2. Love the mini movies

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product and a Great Movie, Jan. 4 2011
J. Chao "Legend Hunter" (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
Movie:
This was a movie my wife and I saw at the movie theater this past summer. We are big fans of animated films and we had just seen Toys Story 3. Because of TS 3, we thought this film was a bit slow and not as interesting. However, having seen the product at the holiday special price, I decided to pick it up and watch it at our church gathering since there were many children. After watching it the 2nd time, we thought this was a funny, witty and family fun film. We highly recommended it if you have children. The kids at the church gathering also loved it very much.

Product:
This was an excellent product. The Blue-Ray performs wonderfully on our PS3 system with amazing sound. Too bad we don't have a 3D TV as it would have been cool to have the 3D one like the theater. The Combo pack is definitely worth the price as we picked it up on special.

Overall, great product, great movie, GET IT!!

Despicable Me (Limited Time Blu-Ray Combo)
Despicable Me (Limited Time Blu-Ray Combo) by Pierre Coffin (Blu-ray - 2010)
CDN$ 30.99 CDN$ 14.99