5.0 out of 5 stars 10things I hate about you
this is wonderful movie..... and I love the Heath Ledger ...I am so sorry he passed on so young..... his determination to get his girl was so beautiful... sincerely marcelle
Published 3 months ago by Prague Castle

3.0 out of 5 stars funny and witty
Joseph Gordon Levitt(HalloweenH2), Tv's 3rd Rock From The Sun) is in love with Julia Stiles little sister, Julia Stiles(A Guy Thing, The Bourne Identity2002) and her sister cant date or do anything unless their father, a very hilarious Larry Miller(Best In Show, Carnival Of Souls), says so. so Levitt meets David Krumholtz(The Mexican, Santa Clause 1 and 2) and he tells...
Published on Dec 23 2003 by Michael Bolts

5.0 out of 5 stars 10things I hate about you, Jan. 16 2014
This review is from: 10 Things I Hate About You / 10 choses que je déteste de toi - 10th Anniversary Edition (DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff., April 5 2013
I thought it was well written and produced, actors did an excellent job; nice to go back in time and appreciate the young, unknown then, putting on the performances that are now considered the start of some celebrities.

5.0 out of 5 stars an amazing classic, May 14 2004
the entire cast shines in this production of Shakespere's Taming of the Shrew. The jokes are amazing, and all the actors fit their parts well. Thanks in part to the USA network, this movie is ingained as a classic in countless teenagers' minds. I adore this film

4.0 out of 5 stars Witty and energetic, April 8 2011
I'm a sucker for high school romances, what many refer to as stereotypical teenage comedies, and this one doesn't disappoint. The dialogue is appropriately witty and energetic. An often overlooked part of the film, the soundtrack to the movie suits the film perfectly. I can't help but swoon a little when Heath Ledger belts out "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You." While the ending may not be original, you can't help but feel warm and fuzzy when the credits begin to roll.

An excellent movie that I'll watch again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Movie and Shipping, Jan. 31 2011
We love that this movie came to us so quickly. We enjoy that it is now available in Blu-ray. We watched the movie and the disk was flawless. We are quite happy with the purchase and hassle free delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't hate anything about this movie, Sept. 10 2006
Daniel Jolley "darkgenius" (Shelby, North Carolina USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
No matter how old I get, I'll never be too old to enjoy a good teen movie. Yes, it's rather formulaic, but 10 Things I Hate About You is smart and funny and more intelligent than your average teen comedy. It also stars Julia Styles, which is a definite plus in my book. I can't say my high school was anything like Padua High (how many high schools take place in a huge castle?), and I certainly never had an English teacher like the one teaching here, but every high school is pretty much the same when it comes to cliques, romances, misunderstandings, sibling rivalries, and the like. One of the things I really liked about this film is the fact that it didn't break down according to the overused formula of rich kids vs. poor kids and never the twain shall meet (unless you're, say, Molly Ringwald).

It's true that this film is loosely inspired by Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew, but don't make too much of that. How many teens would even know what a shrew is? Personally, I don't look at Kat Stratford (Julia Styles) as a shrew; she's just a bitter, disillusioned teen who can't stand the thought of doing what is expected of her - and she does have reasons for taking on this persona. Her sister Bianca (Larisa Oleynik) is her exact opposite, a vivacious girl who just wants to be a normal teenager. Her problem is the girls' overprotective father, who refuses to let Bianca date until Kat starts dating (which doesn't look like it will be happening any time soon given Kat's nature). The new kid in school, Cameron (Joseph Gordon-Levitt), is smitten with Bianca, and he puts together a plan to make her date-eligible by having someone else take out her sister - ingeniously using the school's pitifully shallow cool guy (and Bianca admirer) as the middle man. The chosen one is the school's mysterious new tough guy, who has to earn the money he's being paid to win the reluctant Kat over. Obviously, he ends up falling for the girl, which puts everything in place for the predictable conclusion. Will Kat and the designated dater become a couple, or will everything explode in the guy's face? Will Bianca ever win the right to get out of the house and spread her perkiness all around? And who will Bianca choose - the hot, brainless Mr. Cool or Cameron, the nice boy who looks like he should still be in junior high? And, since she's already taller than the guy, will Bianca ever stop putting her hair up when she goes out with him?

Cliches abound, but the script really is rather witty. For those keeping score at home, the film does feature one wild dance party and the required minimum of one barfing scene, but it never crosses the line into a completely dumb teen comedy. 10 Things I Hate About You isn't quite as good as the classic John Hughes films of the 1980s, but it's easily better than most of the teen films produced in recent years. With its PG-13 rating, it's also a teen movie suitable for teens of all ages - a little table dancing is about as racy as this one gets.

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 Things I Hate About You, April 13 2004
Henry (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
I found this teen film entertaining and fun. It totally relates to the highschool life. The over protective dad is very funny, the whole cast does a great job in playing out their roles. You would never guess its based on a novel by shakespear even though you see some shakespear love in the film!
Great film!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, April 3 2004
I love this movie!!!! I've seen it many many times and never get tired of it!!!! It is one of my two favorite movies!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love is in the air., March 22 2004
Ashley Burnett "Ashton" (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
Opposite sisters in one house equals trouble.
Bianca is your typical prep all into fashion and a hotsy tosty life. Kat is the quiet loner who finds more satifsication relaxing at home than going to any type of party or social gathering.
New kid comes along adoring over Bianca. His friend and him decide to make a plan to pair Kat with Patrick.
It's a hard trip to get Kat in a liking happy mood, much less to get her to a party that she must attend dually with her sister, or else. The girl's have to live with an overbearing father who takes good watch over his girls.
I grew up with this movie and it is a definate high school flick funny for anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars shakespeare with a twist - classic teen flick, March 3 2004
This movie is the only movie that I actually have fully memorized. I'm not talking the kind of memorization where you can recite it only if it's playing at the same time. I'm talking the kind of memorization where you sit and recite scenes when you're bored.
This is because I've been absolutely hooked on this movie ever since I first saw it in theaters. It could have been the plot that got me. Sophomore Bianca Stratford (Larisa Oleynik) wants to date. In particular, she wants to date Joey Donner (Andrew Keegan). The only thing stopping her is the ulimate rule in her house: NO DATING UNTIL YOU GRADUATE. Bianca appeals to her single father (Larry Miller), who finally concedes and makes a new rule just as challenging as the first: Bianca could date when her sister did. The roadblock? Bianca's sister, senior Kat Stratford (Julia Stiles), could quite possibly be more against dating in high school than her dad. Enter Cameron (Joseph Gordon-Levitt), new kid to school with a major crush on Bianca, and his friend, Michael (David Krumholtz), who plot to get Kat dating so that, in turn, Bianca will start dating. The rest of the movie involves Cameron and Michael doing just that, with Patrick (a brown-haired Heath Ledger) engaging in their little game along with the less knowing mega-hotshot Joey.
Maybe it was the characters. Kat Stratford has an unchanging, bitter attitude about being yourself and not doing something just because everyone else is. Bianca loves to conform and be popular - basically the exact opposite of Kat. Larry Miller does a great job in his role as the sisters' overprotective dad who's "up to [his] elbows in placenta all day long" in his career as a doctor and is obsessed with keeping his daughters from growing up. Cameron is easily likable, a boy who becomes fixed on making Bianca his own (pure intentions). Joey is just as easily not likable as a boy who is also fixed on making Bianca his own (impure intentions). Michael is perfect as an awkward teenager who, I suppose, most would describe as being the "geek" of the movie, while I would disagree (ex., being the one who comes up with the "Joey's just a pawn" plan). Patrick is hilarious in his attempts to capture Kat's attention. Other noteworthy characters include Ms. Perky, the unhelpful guidance counselor secretly writing a dirty romance novel; Mr. Morgan, the Shakespeare-rapping English teacher; and the gym teacher/soccer coach who is the perfect comedic tool.
Maybe it was the memorable scenes: Bianca at prom, the detention room, the stadium serenade, Boogie's party, the motorbike, and Kat in English class, just to name a few.
I'm not sure what exactly it is about 10 Things I Hate About You - the characters, the plot, the scenes, the catchy Letters to Cleo tune - but it's a movie for anybody who wants a good laugh and wants to see how crazy somebody else's life can get.
DVD NOTE: Besides surround sound and a trailer, there are no extras.

ARRAY(0xbbcb3a88)