5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent ear plugs for music
These ear plugs are the best for live music. Unlike the yellow foam/malleable rubber/flange tip construction earplugs, they don't change the actual sound very much. They just make everything quieter.

Pros:
- excellent sound reduction without changing sound of music
- good value
- comes with case with keychain ring

Cons:
- they...
Published 21 months ago by Sarah (Toronto)

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than ear plugs, but not great.
Significantly alters the sound. I am not an audiophile although I really appreciate good sounding music. These really cut out some of the frequencies. I used these when I went to a music festival for 3 days(Osheaga). They help with the sound level, but because they compromise of frequencies i only used them for a few minutes at a time to give my ears a break.
Published 26 days ago by Aaron

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent ear plugs for music, Jan. 12 2013
This review is from: Etymotic Research ER20-SMB-C ETY-Plugs Hearing Protection Earplugs, Standard Fit, Clear Stem with Blue Tip (Health and Beauty)

Pros:
- excellent sound reduction without changing sound of music
- good value
- comes with case with keychain ring

Cons:
- they come in two sizes and it's hard to tell which one to get... these are supposedly the ones that for "most" people but I found the larger ones had a better fit for me [regular sized woman] - the website isn't helpful in this regard, it says that the size of your person cannot determine the size of your ear canals and you should basically order these and hope they ft
- the fit takes some getting used to - they're like putting in higher-end headphones (like shure or etymotics) - you have to shove them in pretty far and twist them around to get a good seal - I don't mind this because I'm used to it from using shures but my sister did not like this at all

Overall:
- highly recommended for anyone who goes to a lot of live shows and cares about preventing hearing damage. I lost my old ones and immediately replaced them right away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great if you like live music, and don`t want to go deaf. Audiophile earplugs!, May 16 2013
These earplugs deserve the good reviews and ratings they've gotten on here. I wore them to a recent concert, and the sound with them on was amazing! The sound wasn't muffled, or too quiet - things still sounded good, and I didn't feel like my ears were being constantly pummeled. No need to take these ones out for the good songs, like I usually do. Plus, the earplugs get rid of the distortion you hear with your naked ears from really loud sound. You do have to push them kind of deep into your ears, which feels weird at first, but it's all part of the design. Also, my friend told me she couldn't see them in my ears, so now I can go clubbing without going deaf or looking like a dork. Bonus!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works exactly as intended, Dec 20 2012
I have fairly small ears so I was worried about the fit on these but they were great!

I used these all night at a club and did not wake up with ears ringing like I normally would. Great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend Strongly for Bass/Electronic/Etc shows, Sept. 27 2014
I bought these as an improvement/alternative to wearing foam earplugs to the big shows I frequent. I typically hit up a lot of bass/electronic shows, and hated losing all sound definition with the foamies. These are a brilliant replacement, I could not be happier. I don't feel like they sit terribly far into the ear, but the seal was a weird feeling to get used to. After I had them in for twenty minutes, I forgot about them entirely (something I almost never manage with the foam plugs), and the sound was crystal clear. So clear, in fact, I honestly thought they had fallen out halfway through the night. The only issue I've had is that closer sounds are also dampened, so conversation can be difficult - then again, I'm not at these shows to chat anyway!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Plugs!!, Oct. 1 2014
Awesome.

Wore them to a concert last night. I had thought based on the product name "ER20" that it was 20 db reduction (in fact it is only 12 db).

I was worried this would be not enough as normally when I wear foam plugs is is 23 db or better.

Boy was I wrong. Unlike most foam plugs, these do not need to be babysat once in the ear. They just work and you wind up forgetting they are in. Sound is, unlike foam plugs, clear as a bell... all that seems to be reduced is volume.

Ears did not ring or hurt after.

Would buy them again in a heartbeat.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Music!, June 6 2013
Protect you ears these days at party or concert and keep the sound quality! Really enjoy the quality of these ear plugs! Will last you for years!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality at a good price!, April 9 2013
As an audiologist I highly recommend these! Just sounds like you turned the volume down, not muffled. Seems like they're not working until you take them off and you realize how much louder it sounds! Very economical alternative to custom musicians plugs.

Also comes with good information about exactly how much, and what frequencies, these plugs attenuate. The noise reduction rating on other products is very misleading and this is therefore highly appreciated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!!, March 31 2013
Everyone should own these, fits nicely, I use it for after-hours clubbing and even after 6+ hours of loud music ears do not ring, they are comfortable and go unnoticed!

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and Mostly Effective, Dec 31 2012
Purchased these to use for band practice and loud clubs. They do reduce sound level perceptibly, but not quite as much as I might have liked; I still get ringing in my ears after a couple of hours of practice. Thus a greater level of sound reduction would have been preferable. Otherwise, a good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars A musician's best friends., July 8 2014
I absolutely love those earplugs. I was sceptic about them but the amount of great reviews convinced me. They really are great at keeping the clarity intact while providing a great amount of volume reduction. I use them for when playing live music, using loud machinery, etc. They fit perfectly and are comfortable for long time uses. The only downside to them is you can't use them for sleeping - or at least I can't. For other uses, these are so much better than the crappy foam ones.