Published 14 months ago by Luke

3.0 out of 5 stars Good earplugs, don't use for sleep
Published 7 months ago by Paul

3.0 out of 5 stars Good earplugs, don't use for sleep, Dec 3 2013
This review is from: Etymotic Research ER20-SMB-C ETY-Plugs Hearing Protection Earplugs, Standard Fit, Clear Stem with Blue Tip (Health and Beauty)
I bought these earplugs to help block out noise when I am trying to sleep. They work great to help filter noise (as advertised), however I found the the hard plastic tabs used for insertion and removal stick to far out of my ear. When I would place my ear on a pillow the hard tabs would force the ear plugs uncomfortably far into my ear to the point of causing pain. If you don't sleep on your side they should work for you, otherwise you may want to consider another option.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great if you like live music, and don`t want to go deaf. Audiophile earplugs!, May 16 2013
These earplugs deserve the good reviews and ratings they've gotten on here. I wore them to a recent concert, and the sound with them on was amazing! The sound wasn't muffled, or too quiet - things still sounded good, and I didn't feel like my ears were being constantly pummeled. No need to take these ones out for the good songs, like I usually do. Plus, the earplugs get rid of the distortion you hear with your naked ears from really loud sound. You do have to push them kind of deep into your ears, which feels weird at first, but it's all part of the design. Also, my friend told me she couldn't see them in my ears, so now I can go clubbing without going deaf or looking like a dork. Bonus!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works exactly as intended, Dec 20 2012
I have fairly small ears so I was worried about the fit on these but they were great!

I used these all night at a club and did not wake up with ears ringing like I normally would. Great product!

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Music!, June 6 2013
Protect you ears these days at party or concert and keep the sound quality! Really enjoy the quality of these ear plugs! Will last you for years!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality at a good price!, April 9 2013
As an audiologist I highly recommend these! Just sounds like you turned the volume down, not muffled. Seems like they're not working until you take them off and you realize how much louder it sounds! Very economical alternative to custom musicians plugs.

Also comes with good information about exactly how much, and what frequencies, these plugs attenuate. The noise reduction rating on other products is very misleading and this is therefore highly appreciated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!!, March 31 2013
Everyone should own these, fits nicely, I use it for after-hours clubbing and even after 6+ hours of loud music ears do not ring, they are comfortable and go unnoticed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent ear plugs for music, Jan. 12 2013
These ear plugs are the best for live music. Unlike the yellow foam/malleable rubber/flange tip construction earplugs, they don't change the actual sound very much. They just make everything quieter.

Pros:
- excellent sound reduction without changing sound of music
- good value
- comes with case with keychain ring

Cons:
- they come in two sizes and it's hard to tell which one to get... these are supposedly the ones that for "most" people but I found the larger ones had a better fit for me [regular sized woman] - the website isn't helpful in this regard, it says that the size of your person cannot determine the size of your ear canals and you should basically order these and hope they ft
- the fit takes some getting used to - they're like putting in higher-end headphones (like shure or etymotics) - you have to shove them in pretty far and twist them around to get a good seal - I don't mind this because I'm used to it from using shures but my sister did not like this at all

Overall:
- highly recommended for anyone who goes to a lot of live shows and cares about preventing hearing damage. I lost my old ones and immediately replaced them right away.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and Mostly Effective, Dec 31 2012
Purchased these to use for band practice and loud clubs. They do reduce sound level perceptibly, but not quite as much as I might have liked; I still get ringing in my ears after a couple of hours of practice. Thus a greater level of sound reduction would have been preferable. Otherwise, a good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 13 2014
Great sound suppression without losing quality. I recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome ear protection, July 12 2014
Work great, very comfortable.

I've used them at work and at concerts, and they deaden enough noise without muffling it out. Far better than foamies.