countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Color: Clear Stem/Blue Tip|Size: Standard Fit/Clamshell|Change
Price:$14.10 - $54.99

on January 12, 2013
These ear plugs are the best for live music. Unlike the yellow foam/malleable rubber/flange tip construction earplugs, they don't change the actual sound very much. They just make everything quieter.

Pros:
- excellent sound reduction without changing sound of music
- good value
- comes with case with keychain ring

Cons:
- they come in two sizes and it's hard to tell which one to get... these are supposedly the ones that for "most" people but I found the larger ones had a better fit for me [regular sized woman] - the website isn't helpful in this regard, it says that the size of your person cannot determine the size of your ear canals and you should basically order these and hope they ft
- the fit takes some getting used to - they're like putting in higher-end headphones (like shure or etymotics) - you have to shove them in pretty far and twist them around to get a good seal - I don't mind this because I'm used to it from using shures but my sister did not like this at all

Overall:
- highly recommended for anyone who goes to a lot of live shows and cares about preventing hearing damage. I lost my old ones and immediately replaced them right away.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 14, 2012
I've had my Etymotic ER20's now for almost two years and in that time have been to several shows and a Formula One race. What a difference over the foam plugs and the silicone swimmers plugs I also used to use for concerts.

The response reduction isn't flat, but when you can still hear the sibilance of cymbals and hi-hats clearly you know you've got a great product.

IMPORTANT - follow the instructions, these things need to be pushed in to the last rib so that you hear the same in both ears. You'll be tempted at first to slightly pull out the one that sounds like it's more quiet, but this is incorrect, you need to push in more the one that is louder! If they're not in all the way you won't get the advertised reduction and you may also find them to be uncomfortable and hurt your ears. The sound will be better when they're pushed all the way in. When you first start wearing them you'll be tempted to fiddle with them, don't do it! Allow yourself to acclimatize, you'll soon not notice they're in. Additionally you might first think they're too quiet, they're not...again acclimatize! You'll know when you leave a show without whoosing and saying "what?" that you made the right choice.

WARNING - I have had tinnitus for over 2 years now, it is NOT fun. Too many concerts culminating in an Alice in Chains show in 2009 that I forgot my earplugs (swimmers) for and ended up really close to the stacks. I'm so mad. You don't notice it at first when it creeps in although I did because I hate the temporary ringing anyway even though it was really quiet...but it slowly keeps building up and building up. If you love listening to music, and I don't mean at the gym while working out with crappy in ear buds and lossy iTunes but rather if you love kicking back and closing your eyes and REALLY listening to music, tinnitus is incredibly depressing and causes a lot of anxiety.

After over 2 years I've acclimatized but it's a terrible condition to have and I'm determined not to let it get worse. I have ordered a second pair to keep in my car in case I ever forget my earplugs at home. It's that important to have them for every show and/or sporting event from now on.

But yeah, for this price and the fidelity you still get, 5 stars is a no brainer. Thank you ER for this amazing product.
on April 22, 2016
I bought these because I attend EDM shows. I wasn't impressed with their fit at all. I bought the standard size (not large) and they feel uncomfortably large in my ears. I never felt like they were in the right spot and after fiddling with them a little bit the inside of my ear canal actually got a little swollen and painful. Luckily I had backup foamie plugs to switch to.
on December 20, 2012
I have fairly small ears so I was worried about the fit on these but they were great!

I used these all night at a club and did not wake up with ears ringing like I normally would. Great product!
on May 16, 2013
These earplugs deserve the good reviews and ratings they've gotten on here. I wore them to a recent concert, and the sound with them on was amazing! The sound wasn't muffled, or too quiet - things still sounded good, and I didn't feel like my ears were being constantly pummeled. No need to take these ones out for the good songs, like I usually do. Plus, the earplugs get rid of the distortion you hear with your naked ears from really loud sound. You do have to push them kind of deep into your ears, which feels weird at first, but it's all part of the design. Also, my friend told me she couldn't see them in my ears, so now I can go clubbing without going deaf or looking like a dork. Bonus!
on July 4, 2016
From someone who attends a lot of concerts and music festivals, these earplugs are great! I've been using this particular brand for the last couple of years now and have purchased a few replacement pairs after losing one or both ear plugs. They're comfortable even when wearing them for long periods of time, and I can still carry on a conversation when I'm using them. Even with the wear and tear I've put them through, they hold up. (A wipe with some rubbing alcohol every so often to clean them seems to do the trick.)
on June 3, 2016
Comfortable, but...they do not attenuate frequencies evenly across the spectrum. Snare drums sound like you have the snare strainer off. Guitars sound unnatural, that is the most pleasant description I could give the guitars. To be more descriptive...if your tone is like Robben Ford with these earplugs out, once you put them on, you sound like CC DeVille.
on July 8, 2016
MAGIC!! Saw Billy Idol last night a Bluesfest in Ottawa and although didn't really need them for his concert, they worked wonders on the crap that was booming from the other end of the venue, plus peoples screams and whistles :o)
on June 20, 2016
Does what it is supposed to, they are discrete enough that no one will really notice… they are easy to take out yourself… I also have DownBeats but I can never get them out myself my wife always has to take them out for me. They could have include a better carrying case (only down!).
on May 12, 2016
Better attenuation, clarity, aesthetics and comfort than Hearos and Vater plugs. Not as good as the custom moulded musician plugs. The price is right. I use them for watching live music, not playing, for playing I stick to the customs. Highly recommend