4.0 out of 5 stars Very informative series
Published on June 22 2011 by Claudio

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappoint with screen format
I have no idea what got into History Channel (A&E) to release this DVD set in 4:3 video format. After watching some of these in glorious 16X9 in HDTV this was a huge disappointment. Several letters to History Channel and never got an answer from them. Still good video but not worth the money paid for the 2 seasons.
Published on Dec 8 2010 by ricker

4.0 out of 5 stars Very informative series, June 22 2011
I bought both seasons of how the earth was made as a result of having watched this on the History channel. I found these programs to be well done and full of great investigative geological work. I learned a great deal about the geology of the earth in these programs. Perhaps season one was of more interest to me. Still, I would highly recommend this series and especially if one has children at home. This planet, our home, is nothing but amazing how it has evolved and the forces shapping it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Smaller focus in Season 2, Jan. 25 2012
Andrew in Calgary - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: How the Earth Was Made S2 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Unlike Season 1 which took a macro-focus on the formation of the planet, Season 2 focuses on how feature on the earth's surface were made. For example, theories and evidence on the formation of the Grand Canyon are presented. Still very enjoyable for young and old.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappoint with screen format, Dec 8 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars How the earth was made season 2, Aug. 8 2011
when ordered I got it quite quickly. I do enjoy all kinds of documentry's about the earth, oceans, planets, solar system, the sun, and galaxies... But "How The Earth Was Made" season 2, was a great series to enjoy. Some of my friends also enjoyed them.

How the Earth Was Made S2 [Blu-ray]