Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

on January 4, 2013
D-Link DCS-930L mydlink-enabled Wireless N Network Camera (White)

This is the second DCS-930L that I bought, primary use is keeping tabs on the house while I am at work, teamed up with the app for my Android based phone it literally only takes seconds to check out whats going on.

I struggled setting up the first camera and ultimately had to upgrade the firmware in the camera, this was straight forward. The second camera was a breeze setting up on my home network.
on July 24, 2013
The setting is very easy if you follow the step by step instructions.
it does work on Windows8 even if W8 is not listed on the Amazon page.

the image is impressive, clear and "zoomable". Sound is available but you can cut it off if you don't want it.
You see the direct image on internet (I use IE) so you can see it at work or on the road if you have wifi access.

I have not use the night vision yet but I'm not interested in this feature.
At this price, if the product last, it is a GREAT buy!
Merci! :)
on March 4, 2014
I was able to view my cat during my holidays to see if she looked alright. Had to leave the lights on and curtains open though as no night vision. Video Quality is not HD but I could notice every item in the picture. Thumb down for the WIFI-connection setup which is a real pain. When I gave up and on my way to return this product, it suddenly connected to the home wifi by itself.
on August 15, 2014
One star is probably the only one I can give. Suppose to be easy to setup, maybe I got a defective one because, i didn't get it work on wifi and WPS, only cable, not really good.
I opened two tickets to D-Link customer support and one phone call, they were not helpful at all, so zero start for the service.
on September 21, 2015
it's okay. If you're looking for something to really take advantage of, pay more for a higher resolution, wide image option and night vision. But if you're just going to keep an eye on your kids playing, pets or anything else during the daytime, or well lit room, then this will do. Just know that it has a narrow line of sight.
on February 1, 2011
DLink DCS-930L vs. Panasonic BLC1a: I was desperate for a kitty-cam to make visual contact over the internet, with my pet while I was away. I bought panasonic blc1a and found it was only wired - not a wireless camera. Being unable to import Panasonic blc21a, the wireless version, in time, I purchased the Dlink. It does work, but make sure your router has a WPA button and is UPnP capable before buying it. I had to buy a new router. Resolution is kind of blurry. Use the 640x480 res. It seems the best.
on November 2, 2013
Bonne qualité d'image mais un brin inférieur au model DCS933L. IMPORTANT à savoir si vous avez des problèmes de connections sans-fil : Par souci de sécurité, je n'utilise jamais le bouton de configuration réseau wifi automatique "WPS". Je paramètre toujours mes ipcams manuellement. Dans le cas de mes caméras ip DLINK, j'arrivais à effectuer une connexion wifi en utilisant le WPS mais je n'arrivais pas à effectuer la connexion wifi manuellement (sans utiliser le WPS). J'ai finalement trouvé le problème inhérent à ces caméras. La longueur du mot de passe de mon router était de 24 caractères et , bien que cela ne posait pas de problème avec mes autres ipcams, mes ipcams dlink n'arrivaient pas à se connecter au réseau wifi avec un mot de passe réseau aussi long. En réduisant le nombre de caractère du mot de passe wifi du router, ils se sont tous connectées avec une excellente stabilité. J'ai contacté le service technique de DLINK qui m'ont dit qu'ils inscriraient une note à ce sujet sur leur site web, ce qu'ils n'ont pas encore fait à ce jour. J'ai mis tellement de temps à trouver ce problème que je me suis dis que ce serait bien que je passe le mot.

Good image quality but a bit inferior to their DCS933L model. Important to know for DLINK ipcam wifi connection: if you have difficulties to make a secured wifi connexion between your router and ipcam that you configured manually (without using WPS) into the ipcam, make shure your router wifi password isn't too long. My wifi password was 24 digits long and I could not get my DLink ipcams to connect wirelessly to my router. After many hours of trial and error, I found that the dlink ip cams would establish a very solid wireless connection to my router after modifing my wifi password on my router to a shorter one. All my other wirellesly connected equipment was working fine with my previous password but for an obsure reason, my Dlink ipcams (DCS930L & DCS933L) would not connect wirellesly to my router until that password was shortened. Obviously, if you want to use the less secure WPS option then you can ignore the preceding comment. Besides that little annoyance, I love my DLink ip cams. The wifi connection is very stable and the picture quality is excellent for the 933L and very good for the 930L.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 6, 2013
I now have four of these devices. They are great. The free service that DLink provides works well. These camera require a reasonable amout of can purchase models that have low light capability. But these are adaquate for my needs. You can check them on your phone or tablet. Very useful to monitor your home for insurance purposes...water , heating etc. Also you can keep an eye on your front/back yard.
on January 4, 2014
The picture and real time is great on this webcam, the only problem it has is connecting to the wifi. I managed to get it to connect after a while, not sure what made it decide to connect. It was the same distance from the modem as it was the first dozen times I tried it. so, extremely spotty Wifi capabilities, otherwise a neat way to set up security and record footage. Wish Skype could connect to it.
on November 24, 2015
Connection issues with apple products. On android the fps started off around 30 but would drop to 7fps
On Apple products the fps never made it past 5fps.
Would work over wifi and data carrier as long as you in same room, once you out of home then no connection.
Updated to latest firmware and still no better.
Sorry for the poor review but it's a honest one.