4.0 out of 5 stars D Link DCS-930L
D-Link DCS-930L mydlink-enabled Wireless N Network Camera (White)

This is the second DCS-930L that I bought, primary use is keeping tabs on the house while I am at work, teamed up with the app for my Android based phone it literally only takes seconds to check out whats going on.

I struggled setting up the first camera and ultimately had to upgrade...
Published on Jan. 4 2013 by michael

1.0 out of 5 stars Not so easy to configure
One star is probably the only one I can give. Suppose to be easy to setup, maybe I got a defective one because, i didn't get it work on wifi and WPS, only cable, not really good.
I opened two tickets to D-Link customer support and one phone call, they were not helpful at all, so zero start for the service.
Published 10 months ago by Daniel Adams

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars D Link DCS-930L, Jan. 4 2013
This review is from: D-Link Wireless N Home Network Cloud Camera, mydlink enabled (DCS-930L) (Electronics)
D-Link DCS-930L mydlink-enabled Wireless N Network Camera (White)

I struggled setting up the first camera and ultimately had to upgrade the firmware in the camera, this was straight forward. The second camera was a breeze setting up on my home network.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabuleux! this is liberty for me! :), July 24 2013
N. Lavoie (Canada) - See all my reviews
The setting is very easy if you follow the step by step instructions.
it does work on Windows8 even if W8 is not listed on the Amazon page.

the image is impressive, clear and "zoomable". Sound is available but you can cut it off if you don't want it.
You see the direct image on internet (I use IE) so you can see it at work or on the road if you have wifi access.

I have not use the night vision yet but I'm not interested in this feature.
At this price, if the product last, it is a GREAT buy!
Merci! :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not so easy to configure, Aug. 15 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Not really recommended, Oct. 11 2014
Lee Moreau (Toronto, ON) - See all my reviews
Not recommended, spend the money to get one with night vision. It makes a huge difference as I have the DCS-931L I believe it is which has night vision and it makes a crazy difference because even during the day the night vision comes on which makes it easier to see. This camera has horrible quality, not even worth it for a garage or basic area, spend a bit more for something good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb IP camera, March 4 2014
Johnny pearson (Montreal, Canada) - See all my reviews
I was able to view my cat during my holidays to see if she looked alright. Had to leave the lights on and curtains open though as no night vision. Video Quality is not HD but I could notice every item in the picture. Thumb down for the WIFI-connection setup which is a real pain. When I gave up and on my way to return this product, it suddenly connected to the home wifi by itself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Product of excelent quality, Aug. 29 2013
Oscar E. Cuellar Ordaz "ocuellarordaz" (TOLUCA, MEXICO) - See all my reviews
I was looking for a IP camera for looking my house by internet.
This product is easy to setup (only you need to upgrade the firmware) and configure your wireless connection.
For easy setup, use a new email account for this product, because when the device is configured with high sensibility, send many emails and your account maybe will blocked by suspicious activity.
I recommend using a non-break for the camera, if that electric interruption, stop sending important information to your email.
In the case of the use of mobile devices not yet released the version for Windows Phone, but Android was very easy to set the live view of the camera
I qualify as this excellent product and probably will acquire more of them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Could have better resolution-however it worked the same day, Feb. 1 2011
DLink DCS-930L vs. Panasonic BLC1a: I was desperate for a kitty-cam to make visual contact over the internet, with my pet while I was away. I bought panasonic blc1a and found it was only wired - not a wireless camera. Being unable to import Panasonic blc21a, the wireless version, in time, I purchased the Dlink. It does work, but make sure your router has a WPA button and is UPnP capable before buying it. I had to buy a new router. Resolution is kind of blurry. Use the 640x480 res. It seems the best.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good to know (Francais / English Comment), Nov. 2 2013
Bonne qualité d'image mais un brin inférieur au model DCS933L. IMPORTANT à savoir si vous avez des problèmes de connections sans-fil : Par souci de sécurité, je n'utilise jamais le bouton de configuration réseau wifi automatique "WPS". Je paramètre toujours mes ipcams manuellement. Dans le cas de mes caméras ip DLINK, j'arrivais à effectuer une connexion wifi en utilisant le WPS mais je n'arrivais pas à effectuer la connexion wifi manuellement (sans utiliser le WPS). J'ai finalement trouvé le problème inhérent à ces caméras. La longueur du mot de passe de mon router était de 24 caractères et , bien que cela ne posait pas de problème avec mes autres ipcams, mes ipcams dlink n'arrivaient pas à se connecter au réseau wifi avec un mot de passe réseau aussi long. En réduisant le nombre de caractère du mot de passe wifi du router, ils se sont tous connectées avec une excellente stabilité. J'ai contacté le service technique de DLINK qui m'ont dit qu'ils inscriraient une note à ce sujet sur leur site web, ce qu'ils n'ont pas encore fait à ce jour. J'ai mis tellement de temps à trouver ce problème que je me suis dis que ce serait bien que je passe le mot.

Good image quality but a bit inferior to their DCS933L model. Important to know for DLINK ipcam wifi connection: if you have difficulties to make a secured wifi connexion between your router and ipcam that you configured manually (without using WPS) into the ipcam, make shure your router wifi password isn't too long. My wifi password was 24 digits long and I could not get my DLink ipcams to connect wirelessly to my router. After many hours of trial and error, I found that the dlink ip cams would establish a very solid wireless connection to my router after modifing my wifi password on my router to a shorter one. All my other wirellesly connected equipment was working fine with my previous password but for an obsure reason, my Dlink ipcams (DCS930L & DCS933L) would not connect wirellesly to my router until that password was shortened. Obviously, if you want to use the less secure WPS option then you can ignore the preceding comment. Besides that little annoyance, I love my DLink ip cams. The wifi connection is very stable and the picture quality is excellent for the 933L and very good for the 930L.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great security camera, Nov. 6 2013
David Enright (SAINT JAMES CITY, FL, US) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I now have four of these devices. They are great. The free service that DLink provides works well. These camera require a reasonable amout of light...you can purchase models that have low light capability. But these are adaquate for my needs. You can check them on your phone or tablet. Very useful to monitor your home for insurance purposes...water , heating etc. Also you can keep an eye on your front/back yard.

3.0 out of 5 stars pretty awesome, when it can connect to the wifi, Jan. 4 2014
The picture and real time is great on this webcam, the only problem it has is connecting to the wifi. I managed to get it to connect after a while, not sure what made it decide to connect. It was the same distance from the modem as it was the first dozen times I tried it. so, extremely spotty Wifi capabilities, otherwise a neat way to set up security and record footage. Wish Skype could connect to it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›