march boutiques-francophones vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Registry

on January 4, 2013
D-Link DCS-930L mydlink-enabled Wireless N Network Camera (White)

This is the second DCS-930L that I bought, primary use is keeping tabs on the house while I am at work, teamed up with the app for my Android based phone it literally only takes seconds to check out whats going on.

I struggled setting up the first camera and ultimately had to upgrade the firmware in the camera, this was straight forward. The second camera was a breeze setting up on my home network.
on July 24, 2013
The setting is very easy if you follow the step by step instructions.
it does work on Windows8 even if W8 is not listed on the Amazon page.

the image is impressive, clear and "zoomable". Sound is available but you can cut it off if you don't want it.
You see the direct image on internet (I use IE) so you can see it at work or on the road if you have wifi access.

I have not use the night vision yet but I'm not interested in this feature.
At this price, if the product last, it is a GREAT buy!
Merci! :)
on August 15, 2014
One star is probably the only one I can give. Suppose to be easy to setup, maybe I got a defective one because, i didn't get it work on wifi and WPS, only cable, not really good.
I opened two tickets to D-Link customer support and one phone call, they were not helpful at all, so zero start for the service.
on December 6, 2015
Skip this piece of junk. Spent 6 days trying to deal with the D-Link tech support (via email only, as they do not allow you to speak to someone by phone) trying to connect this camera, and still not able to use the camera. Consistently had issues connecting to the D-Link server to upload the camera and create a D-Link account. Tried using the smartphone app and desktop install versions with no luck. Tech guys only send out pre-scripted emails and are not at all helpful. Returning back to Amazon for a full refund.
on December 21, 2015
Typical D-Link garbage.

Two hours and still at it. I have spend two hours trying to get this camera to work. In two hours, I can assemble a PC, install Windows, and have it up and running. A plug-and-play camera should work in 5 minutes.

I should not have purchased this given my experience with D-Link in the past - I previously owned a D-Link N router and wireless USB dongle. The router needed to be rebooted at least once a week. The USB dongle never worked properly, and was eventually replaced with a cheap ASUS dongle that has worked perfectly plug-and-play.

Anyway, this D-Link camera is even worse than my previous experiences with D-Link. The best I can manage after two hours or messing around is a green-light on the back of the camera, which is better than a red light, but I don't know why.

I honestly don't know how D-Link remains in business. The instructions are minimal, the 'software' doesn't work. I suppose the entire user experience was designed to be easy and performed by someone with zero technical knowledge, but I guarantee that grandma doesn't know her router and modem configuration in order to complete the install - not that it matters, the install will fail regardless.

So, after two hours of clicking 'next', trying all the various wired/wireless/local and internet connection options, and STILL not getting the software to connect properly, I guess I'll scour the D-Link forums and see if any of the other 1000's of D-Link suckers have managed to get this working. I'm sure it involves a lot of little hacks.

Spend a little more money and buy a different brand. Save yourself time and frustration and an ultimately defective productive from a terrible company that pumps out crap.
on March 4, 2014
I was able to view my cat during my holidays to see if she looked alright. Had to leave the lights on and curtains open though as no night vision. Video Quality is not HD but I could notice every item in the picture. Thumb down for the WIFI-connection setup which is a real pain. When I gave up and on my way to return this product, it suddenly connected to the home wifi by itself.
on December 18, 2015
I spent all afternoon tried to make it work, but the wizard could never find my internet connection and/or register the camera with MyDlink. Result? The camera only works via LAN, which makes it pretty useless for me. I read online it might be a firmware issue but even after downgrading and upgrading the firmware, the camera did not work. If it's my router's fault it's even funnier because it's a d-link. In the end, I think it's a hit or miss depending on your other hardware.
on December 12, 2015
Terrible unit - not user friendly. Followed step by step instructions as detailed and even though the unit is plugged in to the ethernet port as specified it still won't recognize the camera on the software so the whole installation stalls right there. No troubleshooting information available. Its going back today! Don't waste your time and money.
on September 21, 2015
it's okay. If you're looking for something to really take advantage of, pay more for a higher resolution, wide image option and night vision. But if you're just going to keep an eye on your kids playing, pets or anything else during the daytime, or well lit room, then this will do. Just know that it has a narrow line of sight.
on September 1, 2013
Despite numerous phone calls to technical support, who insisted my problems were the result of D-Link's temporary server problems, I could not get the camera to work wirelessly. It would work over an ethernet connection, but that is not what I wanted for my particular environment.