4.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertized, very limited canadian area codes .
Ordered this to compare against Magicjack .I prefer the call quality of netTalk DUO and the fact it can be connected to router directly not needing a computer on at all times .Setup was very simple .There's not alot of area codes available yet for Canada , Here's the list of Canadian area codes for nettalk duo as of March 2011 :

BC : 778 ( Vancouver)
AB...
Published on April 6 2011 by Quagmire

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Service from Nettalk
The device by itself is not bad. But there are big problems with Nettalk company.
1- They are not honest. They have Canadian web site (with prices that are already 50% more expensive than US website), but when you purchase any service on the Canadian website you will be billed in US$.
2- There is practically no customer service. The incoming calls in Canada has...
Published 19 months ago by Uncle J

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Canadians ......Stay away from NetTalk it never worked., April 22 2013
This review is from: netTALK DUO (Office Product)
Canadians ......Stay away from NetTalk which never worked in Canada.

If I was to rate their service in the last 16 months I would give them 0/5 with lack of communication and poor customer service ........STAY AWAY... there service has not been working in Canada for over a week with NO 911 service or NO incoming calls been received and outgoing calls rarely work. You have to log in on their Internet forums to discover why the service constantly doesn't work from other user complaining since they don't inform you.

However you will get constant junk emails requesting that you activate auto renewal payments .. I will be porting out..

Here is a example of forum post about their network issue.

"Canadian incoming issues as of 4/18/2013

We are currently experiencing an outage that is currently affecting some of our Canadian Customers. Our underlying carrier had a fiber cut which is affecting incoming calls. The technicians are currently in the field repairing the cut fiber connection. We apologize for the inconvenience."

"This notice is to inform you that currently you are still able to send and receive calls, but due to an error by our vendor that provides our 911 service, you will be required to use an alternative method to make 911 calls."

2.0 out of 5 stars Good when it works....Not reliable though., March 15 2012
This review is from: netTALK DUO (Office Product)
I have it connected in London, ON; there are only limited area codes available. I have it connected via Rogers internet. It is good when it works - sound quality is reasonably good and clear - better than the cell phone at times.

The problem is that there are times when we cannot dial out - we have noticed that this is typically when calling a Rogers phone number (such as cell phone, landline) - you just hear an engaged tone when we know that the cellphone is not engaged (I have tried to call my own 2 Rogers cell phones). There is no problem calling other numbers at such times or receiving calls including Rogers incoming. Not sure what the problem is - I wonder if Rogers somehow blocks these outgoing calls. (And there are no issues with out internet connection at these times.) As a result the reliability is questionable and it cannot be relied on as the sole phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, Oct. 21 2011
This review is from: netTALK DUO (Office Product)
Amazing product, cancelled our home phone line and have not missed it at all. The sound quality is perfect (we can not tell the difference from our old land line), and we have not had any problems with static or other background noise. Set up was very straight forward, and when I had a question tech support was helpful and there with no wait time. The cost is fantastic for the quality of the product, and the company now has many Canadian area codes to choose from. LOVE this product, wish I had known about it years ago.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Rapport Qualité/Prix, Sept. 27 2012
This review is from: netTALK DUO (Office Product)
Acheté chez Walmart au prix de $58.63. Je l'ai testé depuis 4 semaines, tout fonctionne bien. Le seul option que je n'ai pas pu essayé est celui "conférence téléphonique", car le numéro de téléphone qu'il a donné aux membres pour rejoindre à la conférence est un numéro interurbain. Au Québec, on a le choix des numéros avec l'indicatif régional: 438,450,514 et 819. En résumé:
Pour
- Installation facile
- Qualité du son est comme celle du cellulaire
- Appels gratuits Canada & États-Unis
- Possibilité de changer le numéro de téléphone à tout moment sans frais
- Possibilité d'enregistrer un message d'acceuil personnalisé pour la boîte vocale.
- Pas cher

Contre
- Limite de 3000 minutes par mois
- Qualité du son depend de la performance de notre ligne d'internet.
- Incompatible avec le système d'alarme.

4.0 out of 5 stars netTALK DUO, May 22 2012
This review is from: netTALK DUO (Office Product)
The Duo works well most of the time. I have two of them, one US based and the other Canadian. I have called phones in the US and Canada from both countries as well as from Panama. The Duo has delivered clear and quick (no speech delay) communication. My only complaints would be that occasionally it drops calls and I have experienced some "pinging" sounds during calls from time to time.
All in all my duos work well and I would not hesitate to recommend purchasing this product; it is infinitely better than paying often rediculous long distance charges!

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work at home., May 10 2012
Jonathan Richard (Quebec City, QC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: netTALK DUO (Office Product)
I was happy to try my new NetTALK DUO when i found myself with a infinitely blinking light. Never connected at home, in the router or modem. Tried it at work, works in 5 seconds. I guess i'm not lucky! My ISP yold me they were not blocking any ports! I got fully refunded and i'm pretty happy about that.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very nice product., April 19 2011
This review is from: netTALK DUO (Office Product)
I was using magicjack but it was a pain running it with Ubuntu via a vitual machine, I kept roaming the net for a planB and found the netalk duo which can be on 24/7. I was not too sure about the regional codes available but reading the comments on amazon.ca I've found that user took the time post them (Thanks to him)! Sound quality is as good as classic landline. Setup took 5 minutes, just need to log in on the netalk site with the credentials provided in the box sent by amazon (arrived in 2 days). Advertisement is less way agressive than the magicjack, I will certainly renew for the next year as soon as I found out how :)

UPDATE: Downgrading the rating to 3 stars because the renewals form does not work with Canadian credit cards, after waiting 2 hours on their customer service line, their only solution was to get an American credit card (why do they sell the product in Canada then). Anyway, the real solution was to get a pre paid visa card and set it up with a random valid US address, seting the zip code is a bit tricky since American zip code have 5 characters instead of 6. After some googling it seems to turns out that their AVS only checks for the Numeric characters (maybe the reason why it does not work with Canadian Zip codes). You can set up your credit card with a American zip code like 123 54X and in the nettalk form enter 12345, that made it for me after 3 days of research. It took a lot of extra steps but I'm now set up for the next two years. Hope the device will last that long.

2.0 out of 5 stars Okay until you need to renew your service - or need to contact them, Oct. 6 2014
This review is from: netTALK DUO (Office Product)
The device itself is okay if you just want a backup to your cellphone for making long distance calls or if your minutes are limited. You do need a decent internet connection and at times it needs to be reset and call quality isn't consistent. Sometimes you have to call people back to get a better connection or redial a number that doesn't go through. I've had this for a few years now and it's come time to renew. They did give me a generous extension on my account due to the problems in April 2013, so I'll give them that. However, I have been trying to renew my service for 2 weeks now with no result. The website will not accept the billing address for my credit card (tried 2 different cards) and there is no way to talk to a real person through their phone number. The only way to talk to someone in real time is through online chat. I connected early in the morning and was informed that there were 30 people ahead of me. After 30 minutes, the chat session timed out and I was informed that there was no one to help me and to email a request through a web form. If I can't even get a hold of them to give them money, imagine if I had a problem with my service! This device is turning out to be my transition phone from home phone to no home phone.

1.0 out of 5 stars False Advertising, Misleading, Worst VOIP service I have had after using such services for 7 years, Aug. 20 2014
This review is from: netTALK DUO (Office Product)
After having Vonage and Magic Jack for many years, NetTALK is by far the worst service I have received. Their advertising is false and misleading in that "free" calls does not mean unlimited???? Nothing in their advertising tells you that you are unable to make outgoing calls after you have used 1500 minutes in a month. You can not upgrade from at all at any price. Their fine print before you buy it says there are limits based on average usage blah blah which no one can decipher.

Customer service is rude and condescending, and I have saved a log of that chat to provide to other review agencies and the media. The rep told me that clicking the 'accept' box on the terms should have told me the terms. He went on to tell me about the law, which was funny as I am a retired lawyer. He was unable to tell me what law school he went to.

Bottom line is that this company is a total dud and I wish Amazon would stop carrying their product and i am happy to document all the above information via my recorded live chat with anyone that is interested.

1.0 out of 5 stars worst product ever, Sept. 27 2014
This review is from: netTALK DUO (Office Product)
worst company i have ever seen. Customer service is the worst. Initial few months were good then after problem starts. It disconnected it self. I requested for customer service however after two months i got a response that "whether the device is working fine or do you still need our service" I have replied that no I am still experiencing the same problem. After 4 months I got the same email again. Than I gave up. I did a great mistake by renewing my # for five years. The device and its service is no use for me now. I highly recommend not to buy this product. I switched initially from my magic jack. I think magic jack is much better than nettalk.

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›