march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis scflyout Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

on August 15, 2013
The computer I use for work suffered a hard drive crash (backups are a good thing!), so I had to buy another computer quickly to stay in production. The computer store transferred what they could from the crashed hard drive, so I figured with a modest investment I could put a new drive in the hulk of the failed computer and get it back for the kids to use.

Somehow, I expected more than just a drive in a box (ok, it had a bit of padding) There weren't even mounting screws, so I had to beg some from the computer store. Once I had these in hand, it was quick work to install the drive, reload Windows from the original disk, and get it back in operation.

Overall rating: It's OK. It is basically a drop-in replacement for what failed. But don't expect packaging, screws, or even a lot of help from the website.
on June 8, 2013
Six months later and it's still spinning. I've owned a half-dozen Western Digital hard drives over the last 5 years and none of them have failed me.
on May 3, 2013
Livré très rapidement et le prix est acceptable.
De préférence choisi un modèle plus gros
Installation très facile et voilà!
on April 5, 2012
I needed extra space on my pc to store data. I had two choices : change my existing hard drive or put in a second one. I added the WD 500 caviar blue to my setup with great results. this is very reliable unit and a great bang for your buck. the only downside would be that there are no install instructions or cables with this purchase. you manage on your own using the web for setup (like i did )or get a drive install by a pro.
on January 26, 2012
I brought about 20 harddrives from Amazon.ca in October last year. It arrived with NO PACKING AT ALL!!! It came in a small box with no bubble wrap or protection, just 20 harddrives stack together. I can see scratches on the static bags of the harddrives. I sent an email to Amazon customer service to complain. Guess what? No reply at all. Half of the harddrives are defective out of the box, and I am not saying the other half is good. Just so I haven't test it yet. I am so disappointed.

Just don't want to confuse people with the rating. This particular Western Digital harddrive is good, but getting it shipped by Amazon.ca, I don't recommend.
on February 19, 2014
When a brown out burned out our Dell computer hard drive a couple of years ago, I had to replace it and found this. At the time, HD costs were up, but having no choice, I bought this one and it's been working perfectly fine ever since. Nothing wrong anywhere here.
I guess it deserves 5 stars since I can't find anything to complain about!
on December 14, 2013
I am very please with the quickness of delivery, especially since we are into the holiday season. As I am using this drive to replace one that I borrow, the speed of delivery helped to make me look better as far a getting the product that I borrowed replaced quickly also.
on September 9, 2014
Buying a hard drive has never been cheaper. For the price that you're paying, this is an excellent value. I've purchased 3 of these now and use them at home and for school. Western Digital are known for their quality products and this product is no exception.
on February 13, 2016
I've been using for over 2 years now. It was initially my main OS drive until I upgraded into an SSD and now it's just use for storage. Still working fine. According to SpeedFan/S.M.A.R.T it still has near full fitness and full performance.
on November 23, 2012
I used this hard drive while awaiting a replacement ssd. I am more than happy with the performance and quality of Western Digital. I honestly can say that I have not experienced a single failure (unlike the new ssd).