5.0 out of 5 stars 2 Years & Still Going Strong!
When a brown out burned out our Dell computer hard drive a couple of years ago, I had to replace it and found this. At the time, HD costs were up, but having no choice, I bought this one and it's been working perfectly fine ever since. Nothing wrong anywhere here.
I guess it deserves 5 stars since I can't find anything to complain about!
Published 4 months ago by Harold J. Sharon

3.0 out of 5 stars WORST PACKING EVER!!!!!!!
Published on Jan. 26 2012 by Adam

3.0 out of 5 stars WORST PACKING EVER!!!!!!!, Jan. 26 2012
This review is from: Western Digital 500 GB 3.5-Inch 7200 RPM SATA III 16 MB Cache Desktop Hard Drive WD5000AAKX (Blue) (Personal Computers)
I brought about 20 harddrives from Amazon.ca in October last year. It arrived with NO PACKING AT ALL!!! It came in a small box with no bubble wrap or protection, just 20 harddrives stack together. I can see scratches on the static bags of the harddrives. I sent an email to Amazon customer service to complain. Guess what? No reply at all. Half of the harddrives are defective out of the box, and I am not saying the other half is good. Just so I haven't test it yet. I am so disappointed.

Just don't want to confuse people with the rating. This particular Western Digital harddrive is good, but getting it shipped by Amazon.ca, I don't recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, April 26 2014
Unable to configure to SATA 1.0 (150 Mips) with jumpers, so not compatible with older systems or IDE/SATA adapters. Can use with PCI-E Adapters if you have a PCI-E slot on your board.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 Years & Still Going Strong!, Feb. 19 2014
Harold J. Sharon (Windsor Ontario) - See all my reviews
I guess it deserves 5 stars since I can't find anything to complain about!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, Feb. 3 2014
I had to change my IMac 2007 hard drive and it works perfectly for my computer. I recommend it to anyone who whishes to improve their computer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast delivery, Dec 14 2013
I am very please with the quickness of delivery, especially since we are into the holiday season. As I am using this drive to replace one that I borrow, the speed of delivery helped to make me look better as far a getting the product that I borrowed replaced quickly also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, Dec 8 2013
I am very satisfied with the hard drive. i am using it for all my storage on my gaming pc.

The installation is very easy and quick.

3.0 out of 5 stars They don't tell you it's an OEM drive, Aug. 15 2013
The computer I use for work suffered a hard drive crash (backups are a good thing!), so I had to buy another computer quickly to stay in production. The computer store transferred what they could from the crashed hard drive, so I figured with a modest investment I could put a new drive in the hulk of the failed computer and get it back for the kids to use.

Somehow, I expected more than just a drive in a box (ok, it had a bit of padding) There weren't even mounting screws, so I had to beg some from the computer store. Once I had these in hand, it was quick work to install the drive, reload Windows from the original disk, and get it back in operation.

Overall rating: It's OK. It is basically a drop-in replacement for what failed. But don't expect packaging, screws, or even a lot of help from the website.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still Spinning, June 8 2013
Six months later and it's still spinning. I've owned a half-dozen Western Digital hard drives over the last 5 years and none of them have failed me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Marche très bien, May 3 2013
Livré très rapidement et le prix est acceptable.
De préférence choisi un modèle plus gros
Installation très facile et voilà!

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard Drive, March 11 2013
It was a very good upgrade for an old P4 computer an functions just great! Thank you for the great deal!