5.0 out of 5 stars Visually Stunning
This was the first 3D movie I watched on my new 3D TV, and it is absolutely stunning. Under the Sea is a very well made movie, just as I expected an IMAX film to be. Jim Carrey did a fantastic job narrating as well. It has also been a while since I learned something from a movie, which I certainly did with this one.
Published on Jan. 11 2011 by Kent

3.0 out of 5 stars to short
The visual quality of this movie is amazing and the narration is fine but I found that it is way too short. For the price paid I expected much more, my family and I were actually really suprised that it was over when the credits started rolling.
Published on Feb. 2 2012 by allythesnowman

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Visually Stunning, Jan. 11 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating!, Dec 11 2011
This review is from: Under the Sea (Bilingual) [Blu-ray 3D] (Blu-ray)
This documentary makes you feel like you are scuba diving with the most exotic creatures under the sea. Out of screen effects, underwater photography and genius narration by Jim Carrey makes this one of our favorites. Being the first 3D blu-ray we purchased it was a hard act to follow. Enjoyable for both friends and family.

5.0 out of 5 stars The 3D clincher, Feb. 28 2012
This review is from: Under the Sea (Bilingual) [Blu-ray 3D] (Blu-ray)
Just 2 or 3 years ago it seems, when a friend of mine was springing for a flat screen TV, I said, yeah, maybe I will too, when they're 3D! Ha ha, just kidding, they'll never be 3D! So what was it, a year or 2 ago they start coming out with 3D? A futurist I ain't. Just the same, I had no intention of abandoning my old, huge (27-inch) cathode ray tube TV bought less than 15 years go, roughly. OK, maybe 20. Even canceled my 1-year trial of cable TV and was fine with my digital, over-the-air 5 channels with the new digital antenna. (Makes the old CRT look like HD, by the way).

Then one day, quite unsuspecting, I walk by a demonstration in Best Buy of a 47-inch LG 3D unit playing this Imax Under the Sea. Wow! It blew me away! Two days later it's in my living room and every time I watch this video it blows me away! It's spectacular! I've spent a lot of time under water where great visibility is, on a good day, maybe 30 or 40 feet. On a bad day, well, I don't even want to think about it. So you can understand what it's like for me to see those coral reef scenes with vis of hundreds of feet and the amazing color of dazzling marine life in all directions. It's thanks to lighting used by the Imax divers and the natural ambient light of the tropical locations. And above all, to miraculous 3D!!!

It's a dream. In one scene a large grouper drifts slowly out of the screen to the extent that you're inclined to give it a little flick on the nose with your toe. Whoa, that's close enough buddy.

Years from now, when my grandchildren (the ones yet to come to light in paternity suits) ask if I ever dived tropical reefs I'll say, you bet I did! I won't even realize I'm lying, that's how much this video takes you right there. Buy it. Even if you buy no other, buy this.

3.0 out of 5 stars to short, Feb. 2 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing #D, Sept. 5 2011
This review is from: Under the Sea (Bilingual) [Blu-ray 3D] (Blu-ray)
Wow.. this 3D Blueray is absolutely stunning - watched it on my 55" 240Hz LED Sonya Bravia.. and was floored by the life like colors. 100% hands down the best 3D movie I have watched, not only visually incredible but also an educational film. I would be very happy to see more like this - Highly recommend it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great IMAX 3D, Aug. 31 2012
This review is from: Under the Sea (Bilingual) [Blu-ray 3D] (Blu-ray)
If you love the ocean and 3d than this one is a must to at least view once. The depth and colors look amazing and there's a memorable scene involving a potato cod that you will never forget. The only down side is that it's only about 40 minutes long but a lot of the IMAX 3d films are too short but sweet. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!!, June 9 2014
Kevan Yuck - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Under the Sea (Bilingual) [Blu-ray 3D] (Blu-ray)
We watched this in 3D with our kids. Kids or not, you will LOVE THIS!! This is the best 3D experience yet! My husband took this to work and lent it to coworkers as loved it so much. If you are looking for a really great 3D experience. This is it!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not include 2d version, May 7 2014
This review is from: Under the Sea (Bilingual) [Blu-ray 3D] (Blu-ray)
This arrived as a 3d version only. I opened it, hoping the disc might contain both. Nope, just the 3d version. Why do I care? Family has only 2d displays, and I wanted to give the 2d version to them. Since I opened it, no return possible. Misleading title, please correct.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best 3D dvd, May 6 2014
I. Sangoya "DC360" (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Under the Sea (Bilingual) [Blu-ray 3D] (Blu-ray)
The best 3D dvd i've ever seen. Very realistic pop out 3d. I recommend this dvd, you will definitely enjoy it. Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Among the Best 3D Titles, April 9 2014
This review is from: Under the Sea (Bilingual) [Blu-ray 3D] (Blu-ray)
Honestly, the "3D" effect of most movies is weak at best. A lot of depth, but no real pop.

This is one of the titles that actually pops. It's beautiful and you can learn a little something too. Best part is, the re-watch value is pretty high so it's a good purchase as Blu Rays go.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›