biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night s Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: DVDChange

on November 21, 2011
We loved this show! Season 1.5 ties things up fairly well considering there won't be a Season 2 (at least as far as I know). At first it was disappointing to find out it all ends with Season 1.5, but overall we found the ending tied in to the Battlestar Galactica series, so we were satisfied. Plus the show in itself is very well done - great acting, great story-line.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 26, 2011
The second half of season one is darker than the first half, but it seems deeper somehow, and it turns the viewer upside-down.

Hard to write a review without spoilers, but I'll do my best to not spoil this treat for anyone.

The last couple of episodes (especially) leave you almost gasping for breath. People you think might be dead or gone may not be dead or gone, people you thought you knew aren't who you thought, and some 1,000 watt lightbulbs go on over the head of the viewer. You may find yourself (at the end of the last episode) sitting with your mouth hanging open and then saying, "Ohhhhhh! NOW I get it!"

Great season-finisher, great cast, great characters (if not likeable, then certainly unforgettable).

If you enjoy sci fi soap operas, you'll love Caprica. It's not filled with fights and thrills like Battlestar Galactica, but Caprica will have you on the edge of your seat nonetheless, fingers digging into the arms of your chair.
on December 24, 2011
I finally watched the very last Caprica installment Season 1.5 and to be honest it is really disappointing. Season 1 was not bad and it left me wanting to know more as it certainly had the potential. After watching both seasons I came to the conclusion this show is all about mafia/virtual world/monotheist zealots & terrorists. Really? That's it? That's all you can show for the Caprican society? There is not a single moment of tenderness between characters. The show really likes to show scenes of gruesome executions. I love my Battlestar Galactica and I can watch it over and over as it has love, hate, spirituality, selflessness, hope, and it's very inspirational. Yes it still is quite a dark show as it shows most of humanity being obliterated and the rest being hunted viciously by a genocidal race of robots. But at least it has parts where there's hope and light and the will to go on. The best SCI-FI show ever.
Caprica, however, just shows a society of greed, murderous lunatics, terrorists, religious zealots. And the ending is just so stupid, so hastily put together. Yes, I understand the show was cancelled abruptly and perhaps they did not have enough time to develop the story. And I have to admit the special effects are quite amazing, but the story, well, that's just it. There isn't one. For me it was a waste of money. If you still want to see the show, my review can't really stop you but at least shop around for the best price or buy used where you can. I guess I was hoping for a show that would show me a glimpse of the Caprican society with all the good and evil. It really is such a hopeless, depressing show.
on October 18, 2014
A great pre-quil. Too bad the higher-ups decided to frak the series.
on April 29, 2015
Again, enjoyed immensely, Addictive viewing! Caps in fills in nicely with the rest of the series. Well worth getting and well worth watching. This series can cause a marathon of viewing, so be prepared to watch more than one or two in a day.
on January 18, 2013
Not as good as the reinvented Battlestar Galactica series, but it is a must-see if you are fan of BSG. It gives you a bit of the background about what happened on Caprica BEFORE the Cylons retaliated.
on December 26, 2015
We were about a year between watching 1.0 and 1.5 and had watched some of the Battlestar reboot between.

Excellent, well-cast lush series that wraps up the stories from 1.0
on December 3, 2015
Simple, I just love Science Fiction.
Once we have finished with Caprica, quickly reach out for BattleStar GALACTICA.
on August 24, 2014
great series. it was nice to see how it all began
on April 28, 2011
Excellent series. It held my interest from start to finish. Too bad it was cancelled after only 1 season.