5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good Prequel
We loved this show! Season 1.5 ties things up fairly well considering there won't be a Season 2 (at least as far as I know). At first it was disappointing to find out it all ends with Season 1.5, but overall we found the ending tied in to the Battlestar Galactica series, so we were satisfied. Plus the show in itself is very well done - great acting, great story-line.
Published on Nov. 21 2011 by Kathleen

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Published on Dec 24 2011 by Dwarrowdelf

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good Prequel, Nov. 21 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally... the answers we've been waiting for, March 26 2011
R3aLiTY_bYt3s "R3aLiTY_bYt3s" (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Caprica: Season 1.5 (Sous-titres français) (DVD)
The second half of season one is darker than the first half, but it seems deeper somehow, and it turns the viewer upside-down.

Hard to write a review without spoilers, but I'll do my best to not spoil this treat for anyone.

The last couple of episodes (especially) leave you almost gasping for breath. People you think might be dead or gone may not be dead or gone, people you thought you knew aren't who you thought, and some 1,000 watt lightbulbs go on over the head of the viewer. You may find yourself (at the end of the last episode) sitting with your mouth hanging open and then saying, "Ohhhhhh! NOW I get it!"

Great season-finisher, great cast, great characters (if not likeable, then certainly unforgettable).

If you enjoy sci fi soap operas, you'll love Caprica. It's not filled with fights and thrills like Battlestar Galactica, but Caprica will have you on the edge of your seat nonetheless, fingers digging into the arms of your chair.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, Dec 24 2011
This review is from: Caprica: Season 1.5 (Sous-titres français) (DVD)
I finally watched the very last Caprica installment Season 1.5 and to be honest it is really disappointing. Season 1 was not bad and it left me wanting to know more as it certainly had the potential. After watching both seasons I came to the conclusion this show is all about mafia/virtual world/monotheist zealots & terrorists. Really? That's it? That's all you can show for the Caprican society? There is not a single moment of tenderness between characters. The show really likes to show scenes of gruesome executions. I love my Battlestar Galactica and I can watch it over and over as it has love, hate, spirituality, selflessness, hope, and it's very inspirational. Yes it still is quite a dark show as it shows most of humanity being obliterated and the rest being hunted viciously by a genocidal race of robots. But at least it has parts where there's hope and light and the will to go on. The best SCI-FI show ever.
Caprica, however, just shows a society of greed, murderous lunatics, terrorists, religious zealots. And the ending is just so stupid, so hastily put together. Yes, I understand the show was cancelled abruptly and perhaps they did not have enough time to develop the story. And I have to admit the special effects are quite amazing, but the story, well, that's just it. There isn't one. For me it was a waste of money. If you still want to see the show, my review can't really stop you but at least shop around for the best price or buy used where you can. I guess I was hoping for a show that would show me a glimpse of the Caprican society with all the good and evil. It really is such a hopeless, depressing show.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK., Jan. 18 2013
This review is from: Caprica: Season 1.5 (Sous-titres français) (DVD)
Not as good as the reinvented Battlestar Galactica series, but it is a must-see if you are fan of BSG. It gives you a bit of the background about what happened on Caprica BEFORE the Cylons retaliated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Aug. 24 2014
This review is from: Caprica: Season 1.5 (Sous-titres français) (DVD)
great series. it was nice to see how it all began

5.0 out of 5 stars Dave, April 28 2011
This review is from: Caprica: Season 1.5 (Sous-titres français) (DVD)
Excellent series. It held my interest from start to finish. Too bad it was cancelled after only 1 season.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good mini serie, May 28 2013
Nelson Therrien (Drummondville, Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Caprica: Season 1.5 (Sous-titres français) (DVD)
It was a really good mini serie... It's really sad that it had only one (or one and a half if we consider 1.5) season... I'm not sure they could have done a lot, since it's the story before Battlestar Galactica, but probably another one would have been ok.

5.0 out of 5 stars Prequel to the new Battlestar Galactica series, May 23 2013
This review is from: Caprica: Season 1.5 (Sous-titres français) (DVD)
This series give insight as to how the Cylons came about!, and how the minds of humans were transferred into memory of the AIs!

4.0 out of 5 stars Caprica Season 1.5, April 24 2013
This review is from: Caprica: Season 1.5 (Sous-titres français) (DVD)
A Good Sci-Fi show. It has lot's of different story lines going on, which makes the show interesting. I recommend for Sci-Fi lovers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 23 2014
parfait

Caprica: Season 1.5 (Sous-titres français)
CDN$ 26.99 CDN$ 21.18