5.0 out of 5 stars "Wait!..." Not your average romance film
Wow...This movie is the best I've ever seen. It was supposed to go to Diana Ross and some other guy. I'm glad the roll went to Whitney. Diana would not fit this roll. Wow, three lines into the review and I'm already off task. Okay. Why should you give this movie a chance? Because it's amazing. Whitney proves she is a great actress and singer. Her voice makes this movie...
Published on Nov. 4 2003 by thrillernite

3.0 out of 5 stars "ESSENTIAL" VIDEO?!?!?!
Are the people from amazon.com NUTS? Since when was this movie considered "essential"? (along with cough cough, Titanic) First off, no doubt the music is great (classic Whitney!) and as Much as I love some Whitney Houston, she can't really act very well. The "chemistry" between Kevin "Robot Man" Costner and Whitney is just awful. The only...
Published on Nov. 15 2003 by Eric Smith

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars A DISAPPOINTMENT!, Aug. 23 2000
ianphillips@uk.dreamcast.com (BOLTON, LANCASHIRE, ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bodyguard, the (VHS Tape)
The much hyped film, released in 1992 features two very bright talents but to my surprise (and in my own personal opinion of course) is rather lacklustre. The story often careers along on a soap opera, t.v movie type level, with no real chemistry between the two leading stars. To its credit though the soundtrack is magnificent with Houston singing such great tracks as, I HAVE NOTHING and I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU with all her heart and soul. The main trouble is that its plot is somewhat predictable, giving very little in the way of suspense but in all fairness there are a few surprising twists to the story but overall the film is at best, enjoyably about average.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Outstanding Movie!, June 23 2001
Melvin Hunt (Cleveland,, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bodyguard, the (VHS Tape)
This was definitely a good movie.Everything a movie fan could ask for is in this movie. Excellent actors and actresses, a good plot, and outstanding music came from this movie. Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston made this movie. Kevin Costner plays the role of a bodyguard assigned to protect a rock singer well played by Whitney Houston. He of course saves her from several close calls. In the meantime a close relationship develops between the bodyguard and the singer. In the meantime an evil person is always lurking nearby to do the singer harm. This proved to be an excellent movie that was entertaining to watch. You will not be dissapointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars made me cry a little., June 5 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: The Bodyguard (Full Screen) (DVD)
I had never before seen this movie in my life until i rented it from my local corporate owned video store. I kind of always wanted to see it but have always passed it by (for nearly 10 years!). I must say that Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston both did fairly decent jobs acting; I do believe that they have both improved their abilitys greatly since this movie debut. There were alot of the typical "cheap" tugging at the strings to get the audience to become emotionally invested with the movie which i believe that some movies do need in order to have and recieve a more successful feel to them... hey what can i say it worked on me!

5.0 out of 5 stars a fantastic film worth every penny spent on making it, Sept. 7 1999
This review is from: Bodyguard, the (VHS Tape)
I have seen The Bodyguard about 100 times now and will continue to watch it until i wear the video out and have to buy a new copy. Whitney Houston and Kevin Costner were brilliant and were in my opinion made for there parts in the film, overall i enjoyed this movie and it has bcome on of my favorite films, the only part that i thought was bad was the ending I mean she goes one way and he goes the other, although the song "I Will Always Love You", says it all I think they should have been kept together and he should have stayed her bodyguard which would have made for interesting viewing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Wack PURPLE RAIN LITE!, March 11 2000
This review is from: Bodyguard, the (VHS Tape)
this film is PURPLE RAIN LITE.the story Line is as bad as the music here.i don't know what's more overated the film or the soundtrack? it's about a tie for such Lameness.Whitney can't Act.Kevin Costner is just going thru the motions.no Chemistry.Whitney is Nice Looking&kevin Costner is suppose to be a Leading Man why No real ROmance? was WHitneys Skin a Little too DARK? that alone would have made this film at least half way believable.but instead we get VIdeos called a Movie.Prince did that already with Purple Rain.this is the Lite version of that.and it's not Good.

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been a great movie..., July 31 2001
This review is from: Bodyguard, the (VHS Tape)
...if there had been some sort of detectable chemistry between Kevin and Whitney. The love story didn't make sense.
The story around the love story was good, though; Kevin's character definitely some internal issues against which he continually battles (and loses). He believes he must remain detached and stoic to be an effective bodyguard. As a former secret service agent, he feels guilt over not preventing the shooting of President Reagan while being at his mother's funeral. His triumph over these issues comes at the end when he saves his "love" from death.

5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT MOVIE FOR EVERONE!, Jan. 23 2000
This review is from: Bodyguard, the (VHS Tape)
I thought this movie was incredible. It was written very well and had good actors in it. I thought that Costner and Houston were great together. They were made for the roles. I thought that it had a good variation of action, romance, suspense, and a little comedy. It is one of my favorite movies. I love the soundtrack too. The only thing I was disapointed with was the ending. I thought it was a little sad. I was hoping for a different ending but I guess then it wouldn't work out for the music. But I thought it was a great movie for everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars The greatist movie ever made in all history!, June 12 1999
This review is from: Bodyguard, the (VHS Tape)
The Bodygaurd is the best movie ever! In my opinion it is a story about a bodygaurd, who never stays in one place, who finds a woman which seems to be his one true love. The movie brings out good and interesting points about love and how things don't always work out the way you expect them to. The music that Houston sings is so there in the movie. It touches me and makes me realize how people live and how we need to take every chance we get to live life to the fullest because you never know when your life could change.

5.0 out of 5 stars The greatist movie ever made in all history!, June 12 1999
Nicole Imm (jirlm@ptdprolog.net) (Northumberland, Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST BUY FOR DVD., May 6 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: The Bodyguard (Full Screen) (DVD)
This is one of the best movies to buy on DVD. Unlike the VHS version, the color and clarity in the movie is outstanding. Whitney Houston's tracks in the movie are brought to life with the digital sound.
The concert scenes will blow you away. It will make everything you have hangin on your walls "SHAKE" no lie. Expecially the scene where she sings Queen of the night.
It has two formats to offer you standard and wide screen. So you can pick your choice which is nice. A must buy, you wont regret it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

NEW Costner/houston/kemp - Bodyguard (Blu-ray)
CDN$ 21.72